I was asking if there was anything i could do to the box or sub to help it stay cool inside better.

Take one of those 24" circular fans and put it in your box, make sure you get one of the ones that mist's.

you can't blame a product for failing when you drive it to death from abuse

what you basically did was buy a ferarri and blow it by putting a rock on the gas pedal

while telling them they need a stronger more durable engine...... :suicide-santa:

there is nothing wrong with the voice coils in the Xcon....

the voice coil WILL handle well over the rated RMS with clean power easily

well its just that I can tell the sub can do much more cuz when i turn it up that 4-5 more notches there is a very noticeable difference to me and my friends. From what i have seen now I think it was the alternator and amps fault. I have seen the amp shut off from it going into the below 10volt red area of my gauge... I do have a interview tomorrow and I know i will get the job so I will have money to upgrade soon.

stop blaming inanimate objects. they only do what you tell them to do, which was obviously too much. everyone is telling you it's you, setting your gain too high that fried the sub, yet your still asking about fixing the box or something. listen to what you're told, READ what people are offering to help you. there is absolutely nothing that needs to be fixed or upgraded on the Xcon. yes you can get a better amp, and a better alt, but until then you could still use them both. you just needed to compensate for the lower power supply (alt) and weak amp you have and turn the volume/gain down. and you knew this from the start. all you would talk about is your voltage dropping down to TEN volts. thats terrible.

stop asking questions about the recone in the thread and actually email or pm SSA about pricing and how to get one. stop being spoon fed and do some of your own work and read to learn what you need to do better next time so you dont kill such a beautiful sub again.

:turkey:

I know its the amps fault, but you guys might of misunderstood. I get that the amp distorting is what blew the sub. I know I need a better alternator and amp, But I was asking in addition to improving that equipment and also in addition to setting my gains right, what could I do to help keep it cool.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

I know its the amps fault, but you guys might of misunderstood. I get that the amp distorting is what blew the sub. I know I need a better alternator and amp, But I was asking in addition to improving that equipment and also in addition to setting my gains right, what could I do to help keep it cool.

Wrong!! It's your fault.......

I blew on of my RE MT 18"s with less than 2k, it is WELL known MT's can handle 4k+ rms easily and I still popped the coil.

It was all MY fault with the gain and volume.

I couldn't blame the amp, and neither can you.

Once you get it all correct you won't need to help keep it cooler, it will just stay cooler.

No, you might have misunderstood. its NOT the amp's fault. It's YOUR fault for setting the gain wrong. fix what we have said and you wont have a problem. No cooling problems. No "weak" coil problems. No amp problems.

its the fact that I know it can go louder that drives me nuts. every other speaker ive ever owned could take a beating. my house speakers and my last two subs. i'm just not used to something thats not tough

It is tough though, clipping can bring down the best of woofers.

its the fact that I know it can go louder that drives me nuts. every other speaker ive ever owned could take a beating. my house speakers and my last two subs. i'm just not used to something thats not tough

It's a very tough woofer............................

My God. I quit.

You live and you learn

yodafailed.jpg Edited by The enD

I notice a lil distortion when it hit 12v, but it can go down to 12 while driving and 10 while idle. I do have a second 55ah deep cycle in the rear.

ou my god :gayhaaay1:

You live and you learn

some never ...learn .... that is :suicide-santa:

It sounds to me that prior to this obvious failure :suicide-santa: , you were LUCKY with any and every other install regardless to home or car audio. I think you should take the advice of much more advanced members and do an enormous amount of research before installing anything else. This isn't to bad mouth you bro, just to keep a little money in your pocket and not waste anymore equipment.......and that is exactly what you've done! RESEARCH AND LEARN :fing34:

Buy a different sub. It's users like you that give a good product a bad name. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the power handling capabilities of the voice coil on the XCON. You just clipped the amp to shit and probably sent the sub 2500 watts. I guarantee you would have blown your Kove if you had given it the power that you gave the Xcon.

Even if your gain was set correctly, you turned the volume knob more then usual, so you still clipped it

:noob: lol JK! good luck with the recone!!! Edited by hove

You know a deck has a clipping volume lvl to its not just the amp. Like you said you turned the volume knob up on your deck higher then normal at the concert. The speaker got sick of the clipping/distortion of your abuse and just blew a nut on you.....Could of been playing notes out of its tuning freq to since it was tuned at 29hz. Several variables that could of caused it but i highly doubt the amp was the center or the problems since all the other components make your system work properly.

What HU do you have??

Dont know what to say bro but one of your answers to your question is starring you in the FACE electrical upgrades!!!!!!!!!! Until then you wont have a killer system. Its exspensive and no fun to do but has to be done if you want to hit that next lvl in car audio in your system. :puzzled:

Ive known I need a new alternator and bigger battery for 3-4 weeks now, but I haven't been able to come up with a 100 bucks for the 180 amp rebuild I found for this car. remember not my car so i'm not going to invest in a new alternator, so a used one should be fine for time being.

Well now you're going to need $200, 100 for the alternator and 100 for the recone.