Sign in to follow this  
bimmerboy

New guy

Hey guys

I've been trying to learn as much as I can before I start buying anything, and this forum is pretty sick!

So far, I plan to run a single 15" ported off an audioque 1200D amp. Any thoughts on what subs to get for ~$200?

I was looking into the Alpine type-R due to my budget, but now i'm kinda leaning towards SSA or AA subs....

if i was you i would save up a get a ssa icon 15 way better than any alpine sub

Welcome .... trink40.gif

Browse the SSA store for some great choices on subwoofers.

Welcome !

Alpine type R and SSA Icon are very different subs.

What are you looking for ?

There are so much subs in the market ! Take a look at the store, go to the Sundown forum or site...

Do you already have th AQ amp ?

You can find great combos on the ssa shoptrink40.gif

:WELCOME:

I am looking for a \sub around $200 that can handle around 1000 rms.. I listen to rap/hip-hop mainly. So far the Alpine is the only one that fits all my needs...

How is the SSA icon different?

I searched the SSA store, but the SSA 15" icon is $275, and might be too much for my AQ amp

I do have the AQ amp, how would you rate it? seems pretty good for the price IMO

Welcome !

There are so much subs in the market ! Take a look at the store, go to the Sundown forum or site...

Welcome

Welcome :wavey5:

Good gracious... BUY THIS SUB!!! Way to find out some goals before spouting... :ohnoes9:

Welcome to SSA!

Welcome to SSA! The ICON would be a great sub for your choice. Even comparing the ICON and Alpine Type-R doesn't work, its like comparing a Harley to a Moped. The ICON is a great all-around driver and 1000w would power it perfectly. You will be MUCH happier with even a DCON over a Type-R for your application. Ask around and you will quickly find that the ICON is an amazing sub thats superior in sound quality, control, quality parts, and loudness. Enjoy the site and community! :drink40:

Welcome to SSA! The ICON would be a great sub for your choice. Even comparing the ICON and Alpine Type-R doesn't work, its like comparing a Harley to a Moped. The ICON is a great all-around driver and 1000w would power it perfectly. You will be MUCH happier with even a DCON over a Type-R for your application. Ask around and you will quickly find that the ICON is an amazing sub thats superior in sound quality, control, quality parts, and loudness. Enjoy the site and community! :drink40:

Do you have a link to the 15" DCON? I can't find it on the SSA store.... I think I am going with the Fi SSD 15" fully loaded now, much better sub for the money compared to the type-r..

How would you compare the SSD to the DCON?

Umm I don't think they make a 15 in the dcon? I would jus run the icon myself.good luck man

Welcome to the best forum on the web! with some of the smartest ppl in car audio today!

I am looking for a \sub around $200 that can handle around 1000 rms.. I listen to rap/hip-hop mainly. So far the Alpine is the only one that fits all my needs...

How is the SSA icon different?

I searched the SSA store, but the SSA 15" icon is $275, and might be too much for my AQ amp

I do have the AQ amp, how would you rate it? seems pretty good for the price IMO

Welcome !

Welcome!

What do you mean by that? if you think that your sub needs more power to perform, thats not true. you cant under power a sub.

Fi SSD 15. 199.99 plus shipping. 800 rms. Ported box @ 30 hz would rock!

Fi SSD 15. 199.99 plus shipping. 800 rms. Ported box @ 30 hz would rock!

yessir :woot: I'm having it setup with a custom box from Argent Audio, ported 3ft^3 @33hz per Fi's recommendation.

can't wait!!