hatrix

Got a noise citation :(

I was rolling through an industrial area, an area right before i get to the center of the town i live in, and had my windows down with the volume pretty high. I was playing "Party and Bullshit" by Tech N9ne (good song) and as i was going through a light, there was a cop at a red light to the left. I muted the music instantly, but he followed me a little bit, eyed my sub in the back and then pulled me over. I knew i was screwed once i saw him.

Still haven't got a court date in the mail. I would think I would have at least got a warning first, but nope. I don't blast with my windows down anymore though, it can be heard from way to far away. I don't know how much the fine is going to be yet. Probably too much.

i got pulled over bout a month ago cause i was at full tilt at a stop light and a car pulled up behind me. turned it down to where i could see out the rear view and was like ohh fuck!. he pulled me over i said i just got them hooked up and was testing. he gave me a warning and a seat belt ticket and said that as of a few months ago its an arrestable offense for accesivly loud music

$1000 fine here + possible jail time for repeat offenders.

the city has these signs posted up everywhere. i think one could possibly end up in my garage. lol

turn.it.down.ms.jpg

Damn, i've got 2 warning so far... just while my front stage was installed. :P

420 bucks for the first time here.. and 100 buckmore for each time... IE 2 times is 520 3 is 620

the city has these signs posted up everywhere. i think one could possibly end up in my garage. lol

turn.it.down.ms.jpg

And where do you live? 1000 is insane for a noise citation.

that, and red nose, far away, dysfunctional, nothin, midwest choppers and Sickology 101. That cd is great.

turn.it.down.ms.jpg

And where do you live? 1000 is insane for a noise citation.

sounds like florida to me.. i lived there for like 14 years... it is indeed the loudest state...

soooooo many dope boys with re tarted loud cars and trucks.. then you have tons of show cars with walls more 160 DB vans and suvs then anywhere else.

they will ticket you impound your car.. and throw you in jail once you get to a certin point.

they should be punished severily though.

I mean come on... if u close to or over a 160, do NOT crank your stereo up pretty much anywhere. You will be heard from FAR away.

Besides that, if you got a stereo that loud, you better be competing. Competing builds respect and will help keep tickets off your back.

$250, plus mandatory court date, for first offense where I police, $375 and court, for your second. Council is working on the wording for the third offense which will include impound and seizure of the system.

In short, people are getting tired of bassheads ruining their days, evenings and nights, by constantly thumping their systems, windows down, almost non-stop. No one to blame but the bassheads themselves, of which I was once one. No respect given, means no respect returned. Stoplights, residential areas and even downtown areas, are not the place to show off your beats.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i got pulled over bout a month ago cause i was at full tilt at a stop light and a car pulled up behind me. turned it down to where i could see out the rear view and was like ohh fuck!. he pulled me over i said i just got them hooked up and was testing. he gave me a warning and a seat belt ticket and said that as of a few months ago its an arrestable offense for accesivly loud music

Why would you play at full tilt at a stoplight?

That's just asking for trouble.

Dam ....

I think where I live, noone has ever be in trouble with the police for his car sound system !

Police can warn you if you're too loud, but for your home system only.

Some friends of mine changed their meeting place on friday nights because of the neighbours. They started complaining, but Police never came.

In my country, the beautiful island of Martinique, we love music, and like it loud. We don't call the police for loud music : we "talk" to your neighbour first !

But remember : :peepwall:your freedom stops where your neighbour's freedom starts:peepwall:

I think the noise ordinance should apply to everything and not just music. I'm so tired of listening to loud ass trucks with straight pipes and Harley's. Those people don't get pulled over so why should we? I have never gotten popped for my systems but I normal have the bass way down and don't bump at night or in neighborhoods. Rarely do I go full tilt. That and I am friends with a few of the cops here and 2 of them have systems themselves.

I think the noise ordinance should apply to everything and not just music. I'm so tired of listening to loud ass trucks with straight pipes and Harley's. Those people don't get pulled over so why should we? I have never gotten popped for my systems but I normal have the bass way down and don't bump at night or in neighborhoods. Rarely do I go full tilt. That and I am friends with a few of the cops here and 2 of them have systems themselves.

Be careful what you ask for.

If you are being a menace you deserve a ticket. Same with speeding, if you speed you throw away your right to complain. I speed all the time, but when I get a ticket I only fault myself.

Well this will not be in effect for too much longer, in Florida they are stating this law violates the 1st amendment. Slowly they are getting rid of this violation, always bump responsibly. I cant remember the name of the case in Florida or what county it was in but its on FloridaSPL.com.

Definitely wont happen asap, but who knows since people still bump at excessive volumes with there music.

police state usa. belive that.

www.infowars.com

The police here gave tickets for loud stereos for quite awhile until they gave one to the son of a prominent business man and city/county council member (or something like that). Anyway, that guy had so much pull the noise ordinance was all but trash by the time him and his lawyers got done. You can still get ticketed, but if you so much as ask if the officer had a dB meter when he heard you or any other details it gets tossed out of court in a heartbeat with no fines or anything. Pretty much gotten to the point that the cops have quit writing those tickets all together. Although what happens now is when they do pull you over for loud music they scrutenize everything looking for anything they can get a ticket that sticks on you for. I know a guy who had to pay a $25 ticket for one of his two license plate lights being out when he got pulled over right after he turned his music down.

the reason i was banging at full tilt at a stop light was i was the only one at the light. and it was a really good song lol. like i said i turned it down when the car that happened to be a cop pulled up.

alton u made a point about the db meter. i recall hearing if its not over a certain db outside the vehicle its not illegal.

Never got a ticket for loud music in NY

I've also never seen any of these guys get tickets and their systems are beyond loud.

Its not about who has the loudest system and have not gotten pulled over for it, its about being smart playing any system that can be heard a distance away with your windows down (even some factory systems fall fault to these citations). There are a lot of people with loud vehicles who have not gotten pulled over for them.

I know

Just saying that NY is real laid back when it comes to car audio compared to other states.

Citations for loud stereos are a joke and a slap in the face....

Why can a dude on a Harley rip down the road cranking on his throttle and I can't have my stereo up half way?

Mostly around my area they write you up for disturbing the peace.

That in itself can be real vague as far as who's peace you are actually disturbing...LOL

I can understand if the music has the "F-Bomb" screaming out of your windows, but there has to be common ground somewhere...

It just gives the police a reason to stop you and search your vehicle, all while being lectured and belittled by the officer.

When I first installed my Icon's I got pulled over near downtown Cincinnati by a Cincinnati cop simply because he wanted to

see my stereo up close and personally.

He said it sounded pretty good compared to what he normally hears and had to check it out.

Aside from wasting a half hour of my time, he was pretty cool about everything and sent me on my way.

Well this will not be in effect for too much longer, in Florida they are stating this law violates the 1st amendment. Slowly they are getting rid of this violation, always bump responsibly. I cant remember the name of the case in Florida or what county it was in but its on FloridaSPL.com.

Definitely wont happen asap, but who knows since people still bump at excessive volumes with there music.

I don't see how receiving a ticket for having a full on bumping system is violating anyone's first amendment rights. What is said in the lyrics might be protected, but not the booming bass that goes along with it. Also, who can hear the lyrics when all there is is boom?

People can get mad as much as they like, as ///M5 said, you choose to turn it up, be prepared to pay for it. You made the choice, now man up and accept the consequences. Plain and simple.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Citations for loud stereos are a joke and a slap in the face....

Why can a dude on a Harley rip down the road cranking on his throttle and I can't have my stereo up half way?

Mostly around my area they write you up for disturbing the peace.

That in itself can be real vague as far as who's peace you are actually disturbing...LOL

I can understand if the music has the "F-Bomb" screaming out of your windows, but there has to be common ground somewhere...

It just gives the police a reason to stop you and search your vehicle, all while being lectured and belittled by the officer.

When I first installed my Icon's I got pulled over near downtown Cincinnati by a Cincinnati cop simply because he wanted to

see my stereo up close and personally.

He said it sounded pretty good compared to what he normally hears and had to check it out.

Aside from wasting a half hour of my time, he was pretty cool about everything and sent me on my way.

Just so you know, some of us write those loud pipes too. I own a Harley, it's not the loudest thing in the world, but can be loud. I have enough respect to shift early in town, residential areas, so as to not disturb folks. Same when I had beats. Kept it turned town in town, residential areas. Had a little respect for my neighbors. More people should practice that.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I don't see how having a full on bumping system is violating anyone's first amendment rights. What is said in the lyrics might be protected, but not the booming bass that goes along with it. Also, who can hear the lyrics when all there is is boom?

People can get mad as much as they like, as ///M5 said, you choose to turn it up, be prepared to pay for it. You made the choice, now man up and accept the consequences. Plain and simple.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I think your misunderstanding. The law that says you can't have loud sounds be heard xx ft away violates YOUR first amendment right.