Sir-Lancelot

Sir-Lancelot's Yukon XL - UPDATE 18" ZCONS / 4 GP3k Page 27

Are you installing these right away? I am dieing to see them installed.

I wish. Ordered a roll of speaker wire that has yet to show up. :puzzled:

:popcorn: Damn nice work bro! I'm eager to see all this installed :drink40:

Thanks man.

No more that I am. lol

Good work as always.....keep the pics coming! :drink40:

Thank you Richard. Think Kim would still want to hear it now? lol

She would still like to hear it.....just from across the street! :drink40:

You've done an amazing job. After finals I'm going to have to make a trip to hear this thing...but I'm going to bring earplugs!! Keep up the good work, can't wait to see (and hear) it in person. :drink40:

You've done an amazing job. After finals I'm going to have to make a trip to hear this thing...but I'm going to bring earplugs!! Keep up the good work, can't wait to see (and hear) it in person. :drink40:

Thanks Rich.

You finish kicking ass and win that trophy. Damn happy for you bro. Good luck the rest of the way.

If you bring earplugs, I am going to have to ask you return your man card. lol Kim get a free pass.

Don't worry, Rich got a little SPL breaking in this past weekend from 16 Blues 10's powered by 2 LP 4.1's. :trippy:

Pod's turned out great. I can't wait to see the shots of the box being built. :popcorn: That thing is insane.

Pods look really good!! I think you have done vinyl before, you sandbagging us?? No, really, Great Job!! :fing34:

Don't worry, Rich got a little SPL breaking in this past weekend from 16 Blues 10's powered by 2 LP 4.1's. :trippy:

Pod's turned out great. I can't wait to see the shots of the box being built. :popcorn: That thing is insane.

Ha Ha, good for him. How did it meter?

Thank you Sir. I am ready to start to box. Hopefully this weekend I can make some good progress on it.

Pods look really good!! I think you have done vinyl before, you sandbagging us?? No, really, Great Job!! :fing34:

I really wish that was true. I found a new respect for anyone that does upholstery for a living. Thank you Sefugi.

Thanks Rich.

You finish kicking ass and win that trophy. Damn happy for you bro. Good luck the rest of the way.

If you bring earplugs, I am going to have to ask you return your man card. lol Kim get a free pass.

Just talked to Kim and she said, and I quote, "she doesn't need any damn earplugs, just make sure he plays a 31Hz test tone!" :ohnoes9:

I can't wait to see pics of the box being built, because those pods turned out really good. Keep up the great work! And as always....MORE PICS!!!! :drink40:

Im mad I missed the updated picture with the vinyl, hey :phatyo: . Looks like your gonna be loud and sound good doing it, I cant wait till you get it installed and give your feed back.

Thanks Rich.

Just talked to Kim and she said, and I quote, "she doesn't need any damn earplugs, just make sure he plays a 31Hz test tone!" :ohnoes9:

I can't wait to see pics of the box being built, because those pods turned out really good. Keep up the great work! And as always....MORE PICS!!!! :drink40:

Ha Ha, you got a good one there buddy. Better watch out or we will be seeing her build on here.

Thanks Rich.

Im mad I missed the updated picture with the vinyl, hey :phatyo: . Looks like your gonna be loud and sound good doing it, I cant wait till you get it installed and give your feed back.

She's getting there man. I put some T-nuts on the pods and the speaker wire showed up today. :woot:

Hopefully things work out where I can break away from work at some point this week and get a little done on installing them. You know you will be the first one to know. These may be the only mids you havent tried. lol

Looking really good. :drink40:

Thanks buddy. I will hit you up tonight so we can go ahead with that bracket and alt.

Been dragging my feet getting down your way.

Ha Ha, you got a good one there buddy. Better watch out or we will be seeing her build on here.

Thanks Rich.

I don't imagine that will take much longer. :popcorn:

TJ's did a high 148. Not bad considering it is not paneled off, just a big azz box sitting in the bed and no sound deadening. :ohnoes9: It is super tight sounding, very impactive, like a baseball bat to the chest.

John

Thanks Rich.

I don't imagine that will take much longer. :popcorn:

TJ's did a high 148. Not bad considering it is not paneled off, just a big azz box sitting in the bed and no sound deadening. :ohnoes9: It is super tight sounding, very impactive, like a baseball bat to the chest.

John

Yeah, I hear someone else has the itch. Whats he going to do when he builds a system to kick his own ass?

I told him I would have to sabotage it just to be on the safe side. LOL

Thats a good score, I hear you guys were pretty much installing it in the lanes.

Yeah, I hear someone else has the itch. Whats he going to do when he builds a system to kick his own ass?

I told him I would have to sabotage it just to be on the safe side. LOL

Thats a good score, I hear you guys were pretty much installing it in the lanes.

Close, we got it playing that morning, just hours before the show.

O chit cant wait to hear the pods friday!!!

O chit cant wait to hear the pods friday!!!

If this rain is gone you will !!

Hey, wait a damn minute............you better be ready to cut and glue. :drink40:

Time for an update! Finally got the pods on the doors. I know the vinyl is not the greatest and I am 100% sure I will do them again one day, but no time soon. I got a box to build. :woot:

Also, I tried to get too creative and wrapped the door pulls and power window covers in vinyl. Not a good idea. I will take my set from the other doors and have someone do them professionally with a stitch on the inside. I went with a darker brown (it looks much darker in the pics) because I am going to add some black vinyl to the doors above where the door locks are above the pods and also where the circular part of the door is around the pods. Reason i am going with this, is I have my eye on some black and tan seat covers and when I can see one in person I am going to get them. If I dont like them, I will have the seats redone black and tan professionally. WAY out of my skill set there. I will paint the rest of the interior as needed to match the black and tan theme here, but all that is for another day!

Here are some pics of the front doors. This was easy as I did this on my last build. lol

dscf2192q.jpg

dscf2240.jpg

Quick pic of the Clarion. Poor thing is so ugly, but damn it's a great HU for the money.

dscf25573896389.jpg

Used what I had left from my last install to deaden and seal the rear doors. I ordered some more ensolite and will put that over the entire door when it gets here.

I only had a little bit left but did use that for now.

Big Ass Hole here

dscf25263448825.jpg

Didnt have a good way to bolt the pod to the door, so had to improvise. Cut some steel and bolted it to the door with lock nuts.

dscf25223407835.jpg

dscf25203379005.jpg

Sealed it up the best I could for now.

dscf25283459730.jpg

dscf25313501830.jpg

dscf25253438740.jpg

The front pods are bolted directly to the door and vent through the factory speaker opening. I used 6 bolts per side, they aint going no where. Got to dig my old kick panel covers out the attic as I dont need the Q forms anymore. Anyone with a Yukon/Tahoe need some, hit me up.

dscf25433769799.jpg

dscf25523858111.jpg

dscf25493828568.jpg

dscf25443781088.jpg

dscf25453791422.jpg

dscf25343688922.jpg

On to the rear

dscf25403737634.jpg

dscf25393727856.jpg

dscf25463800623.jpg

dscf25373707980.jpg

dscf25383718431.jpg

dscf25413747328.jpg

dscf25543875675.jpg

dscf25553885117.jpg

My first impression of this set up --------- :dancing: I Love It !!!!!

The super tweeters and B&C mids are DAMN loud and clear as hell. I have lots of tuning to do, but this is exactly what I hoped it would be and will make a great ground pounder set up.

Crisp, clear vocals and highs and loud and punchy mid bass. I am VERY surprised and the midbass I get with these. Way more then I was expecting. Very happy about that.

I did a 126.34 drive by with the Dynaudio and current subs, cant wait to see what this one will do when I get the other subs and amp in here. lol :suicide-santa:

Opinions and suggestions are always welcome.

Im jealous bro, looks sick and loud. Hopefully one day I can hear this bish, I spy a Crunch Ground Pounder 3000 :captain:

Damn buddy those came out so good. seeing you do your pods make me feel comfortable enough to wrap my a-b-c-pillars in the work truck. thanks Bro!

Im jealous bro, looks sick and loud. Hopefully one day I can hear this bish, I spy a Crunch Ground Pounder 3000 :captain:

Thanks man.

Yes you do and I have it's twin waiting to be installed too. Love those amps.

Damn buddy those came out so good. seeing you do your pods make me feel comfortable enough to wrap my a-b-c-pillars in the work truck. thanks Bro!

Thank you Sir.

I am not 100% happy with the vinyl, but it is what it is for now. I learned a lot so .......next time.