RHoughton1

Can someone from DC Power Contact ME!!!!

I've personally been needing to get a hold of DC Power for the last couple months. Sent them a PM and posted here on the forum and had no response for a while.

Yesterday I sent them an email and Rob immediately replied, so yeah :D

I have heard they make great alts but is it worth taking the risk of not even receiving the product or if I had a problem with it having to deal with bad customer service? I guess its a gamble.

Just call DC Power or cancel payment through paypal or your bank. Its not that hard.

This really needs to get resolved and resolved in a hurry.

lol at all the DC power nuthuggers at the start of the thread who gave this guy a hard time. DC needs to man up and stop with the excuses im sick, im swamped with work, other people are dropping the ball. He is 3.5 months shy of 2 years from payment WTF.

I'm glad to have had a good experience with DC..... besides receiving my dual alt kit without any instructions, I got my order in a VERY timely fashion. They even sent me a larger alternator than I ordered for no cost. I called DC about 6 times while I was installing and someone answered the phone EVERY TIME.

I would recommend DC to anyone before I saw this thread..... even though the parts are completely custom, 2 years is too long to wait and if I was DC I'd just provide a refund and throw in some free product.

Sometimes companies go through issues that will eventually be resolved.

Don't worry, in the end you will either have your money or have some alternators. :fing34:

Are you calling them? If so, what are they saying?

If you really are getting serious about it... (I would be over that much money) send them a certified letter giving them a reasonable time frame to send the product, or if you don't receive the product by that date require a full refund.

Edited by holley2346

I have been calling,filling out tickets.But no answers. I would like a call please that's all I'm asking for.

September 20th... December 10th...

:popcorn:

AZ time zone*

Nobody here sponsors the site. They are given the space for free.

Alright guys,

I wish I could be more of assistance in filling Randy and everyone else in on what is going on but I can't as soon as I get an idea of what's going on I can either get Rob or I will report back on here personally. I can't speak for something that I don't have any knowledge of what's going on. But I didn't want to show as me being logged in and not reply. Yes, the amount of time Randy has waited for his alternators is atrociously long and I hate seeing things like this too. So let me get to the bottom of this. I apologize for this whole situation. Randy, if you can't get ahold of Robbie, you should call the shop so we can talk to you. Robbie is busy as hell and has even a hard time returning my calls. Calling the shop lets one of us answer and lets us see to it that it's getting done. So if you have any more problems, PLEASE call us at the shop. I have yet to hear from you in months...

Kyle, how are you affiliated with the company?

Been following this thread for a good while now. Its rediculous. I will need a h/o alt soon. And now I might go with someone else...good luck op.

-Jonathan

I work at the office with DC Power Engineering. Why?

Just wondering if you were part owner.

The ONLY reason this isn't done is because we are waiting on other people. Waiting on our CNC machines because 2 of our machine shops went out of business, waiting to get the vehicle back that we're using so we can finish the bracket, and that's it. Plain and simple.. This has ABSOLUTELY nothing WHATSOEVER to do with us and our customer service, NOTHING! We've done everything we possibly can to get this done in a timely manner and Randy damn well knows it. I've spoken to him almost on a weekly basis giving him updates and he knows everything that's going on so if anyone has any ideas that we're not trying to resolve this, I assure you that's not the case. If any of you had any idea how hard prototyping is, and then dealing with losing a vehicle mid-stream and having a machine shop going out of business while your doing it, you would understand!

If any of you think that we're just blowing a customer off and not getting it done because we dont want to your wrong. I dare say that any of our previous customers know how fanatical we are about maintaining the highest level of customer service and know there's just about no length that we wont go to to make sure our customers are 1000% happy. We still ship 98% of our orders within 48 hours, and the rest within 7 days max as a general rule. If that's not good enough, then as the owner of the company I dont know what else I can do. Sometimes despite our best efforts to avoid it, shitty things just happen, and this is one of those times.

But, on the upside... Reasons like this is why we spent $250k on our own CNC machines, moved into a new 5k sq foot building, dropped another $50k on a new test bench, and now have 3D laser scanning, rapid prototyping, and an engineer with an MBA in mechanical engineering from MIT on staff.

Do any of you really, honestly think that we did all of that, and spent that kind of money because we dont give a shit about our customers and when their things get done? No, we did it because we build the best high output alternators on the planet, and we're NEVER satisfied with what we have and we're ALWAYS trying to be better and we wont ever stop! We also realized that we cant rely on other people and businesses to have the same desire and relentless pursuit of perfection that we do, so we are bringing all of that capability in house so WE are in control of it.

I promise you, as sure as I'm living and breathing that pisses me off MORE than it does the OP that this isn't done, and anyone who personally knows me knows that. Anyone who thinks otherwise, you have my apologies but you know absolutely nothing about me, about our company, and what we really stand for because what happened here, just doesn't happen here unless it's totally out of our control and it's something we take extremely personal..

The ONLY reason this isn't done is because we are waiting on other people. Waiting on our CNC machines because 2 of our machine shops went out of business, waiting to get the vehicle back that we're using so we can finish the bracket, and that's it. Plain and simple.. This has ABSOLUTELY nothing WHATSOEVER to do with us and our customer service, NOTHING! We've done everything we possibly can to get this done in a timely manner and Randy damn well knows it. I've spoken to him almost on a weekly basis giving him updates and he knows everything that's going on so if anyone has any ideas that we're not trying to resolve this, I assure you that's not the case. If any of you had any idea how hard prototyping is, and then dealing with losing a vehicle mid-stream and having a machine shop going out of business while your doing it, you would understand!

If any of you think that we're just blowing a customer off and not getting it done because we dont want to your wrong. I dare say that any of our previous customers know how fanatical we are about maintaining the highest level of customer service and know there's just about no length that we wont go to to make sure our customers are 1000% happy. We still ship 98% of our orders within 48 hours, and the rest within 7 days max as a general rule. If that's not good enough, then as the owner of the company I dont know what else I can do. Sometimes despite our best efforts to avoid it, shitty things just happen, and this is one of those times.

But, on the upside... Reasons like this is why we spent $250k on our own CNC machines, moved into a new 5k sq foot building, dropped another $50k on a new test bench, and now have 3D laser scanning, rapid prototyping, and an engineer with an MBA in mechanical engineering from MIT on staff.

Do any of you really, honestly think that we did all of that, and spent that kind of money because we dont give a shit about our customers and when their things get done? No, we did it because we build the best high output alternators on the planet, and we're NEVER satisfied with what we have and we're ALWAYS trying to be better and we wont ever stop! We also realized that we cant rely on other people and businesses to have the same desire and relentless pursuit of perfection that we do, so we are bringing all of that capability in house so WE are in control of it.

I promise you, as sure as I'm living and breathing that pisses me off MORE than it does the OP that this isn't done, and anyone who personally knows me knows that. Anyone who thinks otherwise, you have my apologies but you know absolutely nothing about me, about our company, and what we really stand for because what happened here, just doesn't happen here unless it's totally out of our control and it's something we take extremely personal..

fing34.gif

+1.gif for Rob

I'm glad you replied in the manner that you did Rob. I have worked for Sony Electronics just over 5 years now and I know "shit" happens and obviously there will be situations that can cause dissatisfaction to the customer. But to get them situated and not run away from the issues is the only thing a "REAL" company can do in that certain time. I've yet to see a time where you can get everyone 100% happy but just giving that effort and not hiding from the customer is what allows that company to last. I commend you for this reply and I will still go with your company when I decide to pull the trigger on a HO alternator for my Toyota Camry.

As a side note, I have been dealing with Sony "Xplod" and seeing if they would be willing to go with a new company for their demo cars which would be a nice little account for DC Power. Being that the company's whole backing is Japanese it is really hard to get them out of their ways. But it would be great to have a company like Sony partner with the "not so little" guy. :)

I hope you and your company continue to move forward and hope that you resolve this situation as best you can. Hopefully we get to hear some good news for you and RHoughton1, he is obviously in need of your product and wouldn't have waited so long if he did not want it.

Good luck to you all!

As one of the 2% I would still recommend dc alts to anyone. My alt took around a month to get. The whole time dc's customer service was top notch.

Sometimes shit just happens. In my case the cases they received were cracked. That's just an example of how things can be out of their hands. And when my alt was ready Kyle even upgraded it for me for free for the trouble of waiting.

Its sad that todays consumers are so quick to try and sink a company because of one problem. They could send out 10000 alts with no problem but one bad one would send all the haters into a frenzy.

In closing. DC ALTS FTW.

Rob your awesome. Instead of recommending you 100% to everyone like I have been doing, I will now recommend you 1000%. :fing34:

Rob your awesome. Instead of recommending you 100% to everyone like I have been doing, I will now recommend you 1000%. :fing34:

:drink40: