tuckin-nuts

noob here

been on some fiberglass forums and they dont like all wood boxes that much so i went looking and found this site after search for poundthat sound i love his boxes...what im looking for is i have always built sealed boxes and wanted to try my first kerfed port box ...i need the tips on how to tune it and just about everything i need to know about ported boxes thanks

:WELCOME:

Welcome!! :wavey5:

been on some fiberglass forums and they dont like all wood boxes that much so i went looking and found this site after search for poundthat sound i love his boxes...what im looking for is i have always built sealed boxes and wanted to try my first kerfed port box ...i need the tips on how to tune it and just about everything i need to know about ported boxes thanks

:eek5wavey: Welcome to the Forum!! :eek5wavey:

Once you go ported, you'll likely never go back to sealed. If you search around the site you'll find LOTS of good info on building ported enclosures. I believe there's a thread somewhere on the number of cuts and spacing required for a certain port radius which will be handy to know. Also understand that producing a kerf that works will be easiest with a table saw. It can be done without one I'm sure, but I wouldn't want to try it. If you're looking to build your first ported enclosure you might go ahead and try a simple slot ported enclosure first to try it out. I dunno why those guys wouldn't like a wood enclosure, they're so much cheaper, faster, and easier to build than a full out fiberglass one, but to each his own. If you need help with design and tuning there's plenty of us here and available to help with that as well.

welcome sir!!

Welcome

whats going on . I have to make these stupid post . So I saying whats up and Bass Da Nation Fool!

need some batt tips ...whats a good batt to upgrade my stock to...i was looking at xs power batts , kentik , optima yellow top