edouble101

System for my Hyundai - Sundown,JL Audio, Crescendo, Audiocontrol, DEI

sweet build loving the box, tuned in for vids, any reason for mounting the sub without the trim ring? :popcorn:

Check out the beginning of this build. I used closed cell foam as a gasket and the trim ring will not work with my mounting bolts. Thanks for looking!

Thanks for the comments!

Just got done skiing, 0 degrees outside wtf!!!!!!!!

Damn Bro, I have missed a lot on your build. This is turning our really nice. Very very clean.

Well done Sir. :drink40:

BUT,

Did I miss something??????????

Where are the pics of this badass motherpucker at?

Lo no you didn't miss any pics if the SRT8. That is my buddies truck. He races it often and would never add weight :) He runs high 11's in the quarter, no NOS!

Ah, I want one! :wub: Saw one with STS turbo a few months ago and came a little in my pants. lol

Damn, what an SUV.

Sorry to get off topic. Your build is coming long very nice Bro. Should sound awesome when you get her all done.

sweet build loving the box, tuned in for vids, any reason for mounting the sub without the trim ring? :popcorn:

Check out the beginning of this build. I used closed cell foam as a gasket and the trim ring will not work with my mounting bolts. Thanks for looking!

My bad its hard to keep up with all the action going on around here, I was thinking of using the allen wrench style screws myself after using them with my old P3's when fosgate supplied them with their subs.

Thanks for the comments!

Just got done skiing, 0 degrees outside wtf!!!!!!!!

Damn Bro, I have missed a lot on your build. This is turning our really nice. Very very clean.

Well done Sir. :drink40:

BUT,

Did I miss something??????????

Where are the pics of this badass motherpucker at?

Lo no you didn't miss any pics if the SRT8. That is my buddies truck. He races it often and would never add weight :) He runs high 11's in the quarter, no NOS!

Ah, I want one! :wub: Saw one with STS turbo a few months ago and came a little in my pants. lol

Damn, what an SUV.

Sorry to get off topic. Your build is coming long very nice Bro. Should sound awesome when you get her all done.

I bet rear mounted turbos are sweeeeeettt! A lot of guys do a 427 block swap and supercharger and run in the low 10's.

The SRT8 is no joke. My buddies has 8k in bolts and puts out over 500whp and +500lbs. That with the all wheel drive system make it launch like no other. You should see the faces of vette, camaro, mustang, bmw, porsche owners that get spanked, priceless! :)

Thanks for the build log comments!

My bad its hard to keep up with all the action going on around here, I was thinking of using the allen wrench style screws myself after using them with my old P3's when fosgate supplied them with their subs.

It is worth it imo.

Edited by edouble101

:drink40:

PA roads are horrible. Three weeks ago I nailed a pothole and blew up my front right tire and bubbled my right rear tire. Then this week while driving to work in 6" of snow I ran over a fallen tree branch and blew up my front left tire. WTF.

While my car was in the tire center getting new tires I noticed that all four tires were excessively wearing on the insides. This is a camber issue, no doubt. I rotate my tires every 3,000 miles and my tires have always worn evenly. The alignment indicated that my front and rear tires were out of spec. The camber was almost -2.0 on the rear and -1.3 in the front! This was probably due to the +300lbs that is now in the trunk. From the factory camber is not adjustable on the rear tires. They were able to get the camber in spec on the front. I had to purchase and install "pro-arms" in the rear to get the camber back in alignment. Here is a pic.

2011-03-07_14-32-34_56-1.jpg

I started working on my RCA wires. I am posting up some pics but this is definitely not a full blown how-to. If you have any questions though please ask!

Weller WES51 pen solder station. 10/10 I love it.

Edit-0046-1.jpg

Clamp stand, ehh ok, not as adjustable as I like.

Edit-0047.jpg

I am using :

- Gepco 61801EZ wire. Plain and simple and easy to use.

- P3 RCA connectors. Plain simple does the job well.

- cable pants

- Techflex NeonBlue

- .032" 60/40 rosin core solder

- heat shrink

Edit-0048-1.jpg

Gepco 61801EZ ia a 2 conductor with a drain wire

Edit-0050-2.jpg

Drain at the source for unbalanced connections.

Edit-0052.jpg

Wires tinned

Edit-0053-1.jpg

P3 connectors do not have solder cups but I did presolder them

Edit-0054.jpg

Edit-0055.jpg

Wires soldered to the connector

Edit-0056.jpg

Edit-0058-1.jpg

Heat shrink to prevent grounding to the connector body.

Edit-0060-2.jpg

Connector fastened!

Edit-0061-1.jpg

Repeat for left channel.

Cable pants and Techflex on and ready to solder the other end.

Edit-0064-1.jpg

Drain wire snipped off

Edit-0067-1.jpg

Repeat above soldering steps.

Done! 4 or 5 more custom lengths to make.

Edit-0071-1.jpg

It is probably cheaper or the same cost to buy premade RCA wires but I just like to make chit! :woot:

Edited by edouble101

Looks cool, plus you can make it the exact length from amp to amp if strapping and with no excess wire hanging around it looks super clean. :drink40:

looking beautiful man!

Looks cool, plus you can make it the exact length from amp to amp if strapping and with no excess wire hanging around it looks super clean. :drink40:

No doubt :drink40:

looking beautiful man!

Little teaser video at approx. 35v (approx. 1200w at 1ohm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lvtoLLFBV0

Edited by edouble101

AWESOME work on the rca's. :fing34: Been wanting one of those solder stations, I need the magnifier cause my eyes arn't what they use to be. :lol2:

AWESOME work on the rca's. :fing34: Been wanting one of those solder stations, I need the magnifier cause my eyes arn't what they use to be. :lol2:

Thanks! It is definitely one of those things that the more you make the better they get.

I highly recommend the WES51. It is an excellent unit.

Good job man, sorry about your ride. Sucks to pay all that money for "road work" on your taxes and shit like this happens.

Nice macro shots too!

Good job man, sorry about your ride. Sucks to pay all that money for "road work" on your taxes and shit like this happens.

Nice macro shots too!

Yeah PA sucks ass, dont get me started lol.

My shots would be even better if I had a macro lens :wub: I am using a +4 filter on my standard 35-55mm until I get my macro lens.

I did not expect the XCON to be so violent :drink40: I am really liking this subwoofer, too bad I cant listen to it more often. DC POWER get me my alt it has been over four months now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recent shot of the trunk.

Edit-0054-1.jpg

Edit-0055-1.jpg

So clean, I love the photography and simplicity of everything.

Thanks. I wish I had more time for photography, I really enjoy it.

Trunk looks really clean and shows off your great work on the rca's. More More More!!!

Trunk looks really clean and shows off your great work on the rca's. More More More!!!

:eek5wavey: Thank you :eek5wavey:

Next up is to seal off the trunk. Then I have to start the front stage. Not really looking forward to fiberglassing, I have never done it to this extent :peepwall:

:eek5wavey: Thank you :eek5wavey:

Next up is to seal off the trunk. Then I have to start the front stage. Not really looking forward to fiberglassing, I have never done it to this extent :peepwall:

Take your time and remember it will take several stages of sanding(wet sanding will help) to get a nice slick surface, depending on what you are going to use for a covering. If you do as well fiberglassing as you have with the wiring it will look great! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the encouragement sefugi

Ordered a Mechman 220a alternator that should be here in less than 2 weeks :)

Edited by edouble101

Watch out amp here comes :morepower1:

Watch out amp here comes :morepower1:

Lol yeah. I had a DC Power alt on order but that fell through. I also have a XS Power 12v charger coming.