edouble101

System for my Hyundai - Sundown,JL Audio, Crescendo, Audiocontrol, DEI

Very nice so far!

Where in PA are you at?

I live in the Pocono region and I hate snow and cold weather, sucks to be me ;) You get more snow in western PA than I do, I feel bad for you!

No snow yet. At some point we may meet up. We only live a couple of hours apart.

Gook luck with your build.

We just got dumped on Sunday night :(

I go to the Bloomsburg fairgrounds often for various events. Thats about as far west as I get.

After I get this installed and tuned we can definitely give each other demos. I bet your setup sounds sweet!

Yea, I saw you guys got some nice snowfall. I travel your way a couple times a year and my truck sounds ok, but will be redone as soon as it gets warmer out.

Sounds good nem :)

No installation update. Alot of planning the past couple days. Big thanks to resquchas and oldspark over on the12volt.

A little diagram showing my general electrical layout. Nothing really changed here just posting up.

Battery41.png

I will be using two fans in a push pull configuration to help keep my 3KWP cool. I couldnt do it the normal way :attempt: but rather I want the fans to come on once the amplifier's heatsink hits a certain temperature. oldspark was helpful in giving me a product that will close a circuit once it measures 60 degrees Celsius. resquchas guided me through wiring up two Bosch relays to trigger the fans and to also use as remote turn on for my amplifiers and accessories. I have some tricks up my sleeve for the installation of this circuit, it will look good :fing34:

I will not bore you with all the details but here is a basic diagram of my layout.

Relaysbasic.png

Hopefully this weekend I will have some installation updates.

I like that you are thinking out the layout of your wiring for the components in your setup. Looking foward to seeing it come together... :popcorn:

wow looks nice! I will be doing a 07 elantra build later on this weekend! and I will let you know how it goes lol!

Nice attention to detail on the wiring! Keep up the great work.

I like that you are thinking out the layout of your wiring for the components in your setup. Looking foward to seeing it come together... :popcorn:

That's the only way to do it :drink40:

wow looks nice! I will be doing a 07 elantra build later on this weekend! and I will let you know how it goes lol!

Post up a build log. I would like to see it!

Nice attention to detail on the wiring! Keep up the great work.

I just bought an 08 Elantra yesterday, this log will come in handy :)

Awesome. I have the 5 speed. I do not see many like mine. It has the 16" alloys, front lip, trunk spoiler everything but sunroof and navigation. I didn't buy it for looks or performance lol. I have owned Toyota, Honda and Acura these manufacturers really have nothing on Hyundai.

I bought mine new and have 64k on the clock. I get +33mpg and havent had any issues :) Dont expect any performance out of it though but I am sure you knew that. Really is a great economy car.

These cars are very easy to work on. Really, really easy to work on! But due to their small size everything is cramped. I can tell you that the upgraded starting battery and big 3 makes start ups instantaneous! Even in 10 degree weather.

Awesome. I have the 5 speed. I do not see many like mine. It has the 16" alloys, front lip, trunk spoiler everything but sunroof and navigation. I didn't buy it for looks or performance lol. I have owned Toyota, Honda and Acura these manufacturers really have nothing on Hyundai.

I bought mine new and have 64k on the clock. I get +33mpg and havent had any issues :) Dont expect any performance out of it though but I am sure you knew that. Really is a great economy car.

These cars are very easy to work on. Really, really easy to work on! But due to their small size everything is cramped. I can tell you that the upgraded starting battery and big 3 makes start ups instantaneous! Even in 10 degree weather.

I went for the auto, it was used and relatively low miles so I jumped on it. It's about the same performance as my old car, and grandpa's pass me no matter what I'm driving :lol2:

Yes it's VERY easy to get to the starting battery(my old car's battery was in the drivers side wheel well) and the alternator(old car was directly under the exhaust manifold and MUCH more cramped)

I was able to work on the install yesterday and today :hyper: My time is very limited so I am happy to of had these two days to get chit done!

I finally got the 1/0 runs into the trunk. I was freak'n determined not to run them in the cabin. I ended up going from the starting battery back down the firewall into the frame just behind the front wheel and out of the frame just in front of the rear tire and into the trunk. It was a real PITA to say the least.

My goal for the 1/0 runs:

1. not have any wire under the lowest nearby point of the car

2. not have the wire rubbing against any moving parts like the suspension

3. have the wire 100% secured

I turned out very well but like I said it was a PITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only aspect of this that I do not like is that the two 1/0 runs are very near the front sway bar. The sway bar twists slightly during suspension travel. Both wires are about 1/8"-3/8" from the sway bar.

I will be checking the install daily for a week or so and then every 3000 miles when I do routine maintenance.

This picture shows the 1/0 runs to the trunk from under the hood. I do not have the +1/0 run to the trunk connected at the starting battery. I need to mock up a battery box for the trunk and I am awaiting 250A fuses.

Edit-0088.jpg

Unfortunately I did not compose this picture well enough to show the detail I wanted. This picture shows the 1/0 runs entering the frame rail from just behind the front wheel.

Edit-0086.jpg

1/0 runs coming out of the frame rail just in front of the rear wheel.

Edit-0085.jpg

Here you can see the wires secured to the frame/body.

Edit-0083.jpg

1/0 runs entering the trunk. I will also have a -1/0 run coming from the rear battery and bolted to the frame rail in this location.

Edit-0082.jpg

1/0 runs in the trunk :jump: I crimped a terminal to the +1/0 to have something to pull it through the frame rail with. The terminal will be cut off when I secure it to a fuse holder.

Edit-0081.jpg

Edited by edouble101

I also started my hidden H/U install. It is going well and will be bad ass! My goal with this is to have it hidden and not to dramatically alter the interior. So far so good.

I have tons of work to do on this yet. I will be happy when it is installed :attempt:

Not much going on this weekend. Out house buying :) Buyers market :fing34:

1. Got some more work done on the hidden HU install. Not posting pics up yet.

2. Talked to Don at Sound Deadener Showdown. We put together a price for my trunk area, woozaa.

3. Bought 50' of Gepco 61801EZ and some RCA connectors and other required pieces. I will use DIY interconnects for DQXS to amps. I already have Monster Cable XLN interconnects for HU to DQXS. I had it in my basement for 5 years BNIB so I might as well use it now.

4. I will be working on some cosmetic mods to the REV-665 to help make it look not so cheapo.

5. I really need to get my second D3400 wired in or go out and buy an AGM battery charger.

Making progress on the hidden HU install. Little bit more f'glassing and fabrication and it should be complete, hopefully this weekend.

Looks rough now but it will all come together in the end.

HiddenHUp1.jpg

Here is the back side of the fake faceplate after the first layer of bondo and hairs.

2011-01-10_17-36-23_622.jpg

I havee been waiting two weeks now for a wiring harness. I really wish there was an audio shop in my area for little parts like this.

Awesome job on the build so far! The wiring looks :thinkingboobs: Titts! Can't wait to see more.

Good luck buying a house, I am in the same boat.:)

Awesome job on the build so far! The wiring looks :thinkingboobs: Titts! Can't wait to see more.

Good luck buying a house, I am in the same boat.:)

Thanks j-roadtatts. Good luck to you to with home shopping!

:fing34:

I f'n hate having a small car :soapbox: Just fitting a 15 and a couple amps literally takes up my entire trunk :Doh:

The removable fake faceplate is done. Kenwood hu is not mounted yet, still waiting on the wiring harness!!

Mounted

2011-01-17_05-46-07_541.jpg

Backside

2011-01-17_05-48-53_916.jpg

Front/topside

2011-01-17_05-49-09_783.jpg

2011-01-17_05-49-02_259.jpg

I will post better pics once the Kenwood is mounted.

Thanks!

The link to your van build log doesnt work :ughdunno:

Dunno why it quit working, though it's fixed now. :D

I love all the attention to detail on the install. This is the level of planning and work everyone should look to achieve when doing their wiring and planning for their installations.

Thanks Alton!

Everyone: please let me know if there is anything that I can do better!!

Thanks Virindok, I try :foshizzle:

Winter sucks! Chitty weather is a good reason to stay home from work!

Edit-0001-4.jpg

Finally received the wiring harness for the H/U! The ground wire is not connected to the factory harness. I will be running a ground wire to the front battery ground connection on the driver's side. All audio grounds are on the driver's side of the vehicle. Not a major update but a little something.

Connections made

Edit-0003-3.jpg

Edit-0004-2.jpg

Soldered

Edit-0005-1.jpg

Heat shrink. I do not use dielectric grease on connections that are not able to become wet.

Edit-0008.jpg

Wrapped

Edit-0009-2.jpg

Hopefully I will have the HU installed tomorrow. Of course I will post pics :shrug: