edouble101

System for my Hyundai - Sundown,JL Audio, Crescendo, Audiocontrol, DEI

Looks really good so far! Btw, i have an 07 Elantra and i did a run of 1/0 through the firewall and underneath the trim :)

I was a struggle, but it works!

The roof rattles so much, i mean the liner of it slaps against the roof and makes an awful rattle on certain frequencies (about 35-43 hz). I have 2 layers of vibration dampener on my rear deck. It helps, but not enough. I am liking that idea that j-roadtatts has...

BUT, i have a rear firing 12" BTL, and i think a sealed off box would sound great. The reason i have mine rear firing is because it has a flatter response, but i do get those damn trunk and rear deck rattles :(

With forward facing I wouldn't waste any deadener on the trunk. Plus you won't hear all the road noise from your trunk if its sealed off. I am not famillair with that particular car but would guess the most rattling will be the roof, and rear deck. you can screw a couple blocks between the rear deck and box that will stiffen the rear deck more than any amount of deadener.

Thanks for your advice. I am going to try it without deadener and see how it sounds.

Looks really good so far! Btw, i have an 07 Elantra and i did a run of 1/0 through the firewall and underneath the trim :)

I was a struggle, but it works!

The roof rattles so much, i mean the liner of it slaps against the roof and makes an awful rattle on certain frequencies (about 35-43 hz). I have 2 layers of vibration dampener on my rear deck. It helps, but not enough. I am liking that idea that j-roadtatts has...

BUT, i have a rear firing 12" BTL, and i think a sealed off box would sound great. The reason i have mine rear firing is because it has a flatter response, but i do get those damn trunk and rear deck rattles :(

I would love to see your setup. Thanks for the heads up on the liner. You most have been determined to get that 1/0 through the firewall, balls to that lol.

Edited by edouble101

I have been working a lot of overtime the past couple weeks so my free time now is at zero. Hence not much of an update. Our offer was accepted on a house :dancing: and we close March 18th so now I really have no free time for awhile!

But here is a 'lil something:

The horns I recently bought do not fit for safety reasons. I only have about two inches of pedal clearance...damn it :ohnoes9: . Back to a three way. The waveguides are for sale.

Edit-0006-3.jpg

I ran my RCA's, turn-on and speaker cable on the passenger side. The door jam boot is a connector on the firewall side, totally unexpected. I had to run the speaker wire a different route through the door jam. Currently I only have the midbass wire ran. I was stunned to see that the doors were completely sealed from factory.

Edit-0003-5.jpg

Edit-0002-3.jpg

No wonder the midbass is so good, even for stock :P

Equipment choice sounds really nice actually. I'd hardly call any of that "budget" LOL. IMHO that BOSS amp may have a hard time keeping up with 3K on a 15" x-con unless you have really good locations for your fronts. It's a great little amp, but real-world I'd say it's good for around 50X4 @ 4 ohm.

I got a sample of "audiowrap" deadener and it seemed quite nice. I have some SPL tiles in my jeep now that are falling off (Second Skin)....not too impressed. I used the protecto-wrap home flashing in my last car and the stuff stuck awesome and the audio-wrap seems just a beefier version. Worth price checking, I'd vouch for the quality of adhesive anyway.

Never heard of the Viper mids? DEI product I assume? I am using Crescendo tweets and they're quite nice. I would have high expectations of the components.

Do keep me posted as it comes together, I think you'll be really happy with a little care in the install.

System goal : sound good and pound :fing34:

I am on a budget so some components I have are not the best by far but will have to do for now.

HU : Kenwwod X994

EQ/Crossover : Audiocontrol DQXS

Front stage amp : Boss REV-665

Sub amp : Crescendo 3KWP

Highs/mids : Viper Audio 650.2

Midbass : Exodus EX-Anarchy

Subwwofer : SSA XCON 15D2

DC Power 270XP and two XS Power D3400. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for my alt. I really hope Rob comes through with this!

Hidden HU install. Tweets in custom fiberglass sail panels aimed at each other. 6.5" midrange in kicks aimed at opposing glass. 6.5" midbass in custom door panels aimed at each other. XCON 15 in trunk facing rear in a 32hz ported enclosure. I have not decided on which brand and to what extent sound deadening I will have.

I eventually want better mids and highs and Soundstream Reference or Zapco amps for the front stage ran completely active. I am drastically overpowering the XCON so eventually I will have two 12's to replace it.

Equipment choice sounds really nice actually. I'd hardly call any of that "budget" LOL. IMHO that BOSS amp may have a hard time keeping up with 3K on a 15" x-con unless you have really good locations for your fronts. It's a great little amp, but real-world I'd say it's good for around 50X4 @ 4 ohm.

I got a sample of "audiowrap" deadener and it seemed quite nice. I have some SPL tiles in my jeep now that are falling off (Second Skin)....not too impressed. I used the protecto-wrap home flashing in my last car and the stuff stuck awesome and the audio-wrap seems just a beefier version. Worth price checking, I'd vouch for the quality of adhesive anyway.

Never heard of the Viper mids? DEI product I assume? I am using Crescendo tweets and they're quite nice. I would have high expectations of the components.

Do keep me posted as it comes together, I think you'll be really happy with a little care in the install.

Thanks for looking at my install hispls, I was hoping you would.

Well the install is on my budget. There are definitley some different equipment choices that I would have chosen with more money. I did change a couple things since my first post.

The Viper components are made by DEI. They no longer make them. The set is very nice and was quit expensive ($399/pr) when they first came out. The tweeter can be a tad harsh being that it is titanium but I can smooth that out. I will be powering them with the Boss Audio REV-665 bridged so they will be receiving around 100 watts each.

The Eodus EX will powered by a Crescendo 1000c4 which can produce 250wrms @ 8ohm.

The XCON will be powered by a Crescendo 3kwp which I will have adjusted accordingly.

Hopefully by June I will have it all installed!!!!!!

Here is the auxiliary battery mounted in the trunk

Edit-0002-4.jpg

Power and ground wires to battery

Edit-0004-3.jpg

Aluminum ground distribution block with electrical compound to help prevent aluminum to copper corrosion.

Edit-0006-4.jpg

Battery ground wire to frame sprayed with a frame coating

Edit-0011-3.jpg

Under hood wiring

Edit-0012-4.jpg

Idle voltage at battery under hood with engine running

Edit-0014-2.jpg

Idle voltage at auxiliary battery

Edit-0016-1.jpg

Exodus EX 6.5" and Viper Audio 6.5"

Edit-0019.jpg

Edit-0022.jpg

Edit-0023-2.jpg

Edit-0024-1.jpg

Edit-0025.jpg

Wow. You must be terribly patient for that kind of attention to detail....then again I redo things so often it's senseless wasting a bunch of time on pretty.

Wow. You must be terribly patient for that kind of attention to detail....then again I redo things so often it's senseless wasting a bunch of time on pretty.

I am not really a patient person but I do like to do things right the first time around. This build is taking me forever, I haven't even started the doors and kicks yet. I should have a couple updates this Sunday.

I can tell you that this is my first and last trunk build. This car is so cramped. I need to go back to trucks and SUV's.

Keep up the great work!! Your attention to detail can be seen as you complete each step of the build. :drink40:

Keep up the great work!! Your attention to detail can be seen as you complete each step of the build. :drink40:

Thank you. It is taking me FOREVER to complete this!

Here is a shot of the mock-up for the amp layouts and DQXS. I am trying to cram three pounds into a one pound container and it sucks!

Edit-0002-5.jpg

Edit-0004-4.jpg

This shot shows a couple fuse holders and my relay for my volt meter and turn-ons.

Edit-0007-4.jpg

Edit-0010-2.jpg

I need to seal the trunk off yet.

Edit-0013-3.jpg

Finally have my volt meter designed and wired up. It is clearly visible from any seating position within the cabin.

Vehicle on, HU is in "Standby" (off) mode.

Edit-0022-1.jpg

Vehicle on, HU is in "Ipod" (on) mode

Edit-0023-3.jpg

Nice volt meter install! i like it, stealth ftw!

It is a DIY unit based on this design but with some tweaks.

Edited by edouble101

Everything is looking good. The trunk is coming out titts! Have you used Crecendo amps before?

Keep up the killer work! :fing34:

Trunk is coming together nicely!! Looks Awesome!! HU and voltmeter setup -- :fing34: !! :popcorn:

Everything is looking good. The trunk is coming out titts! Have you used Crecendo amps before?

Keep up the killer work! :fing34:

Thank you!

This is my first setup with Crescendo amps. I have heard great things about them. There make well over rated power and their customer support is good.

Trunk is coming together nicely!! Looks Awesome!! HU and voltmeter setup -- :fing34: !! :popcorn:

Thank you :eek5wavey:

Great build, wish youtube videos could do justice when it's done :rofl2:

Oh and congratulations on the house ;)

Great build, wish youtube videos could do justice when it's done :rofl2:

Oh and congratulations on the house ;)

Thanks stefanhinote. I have alot more work yet. I need to make my RCA's and the front stage which will take some time to complete.

House buying is a huge pita!!!!!

Thanks for the comments!

Just got done skiing, 0 degrees outside wtf!!!!!!!!

2011-01-22_19-50-27_800.jpg

Damn Bro, I have missed a lot on your build. This is turning our really nice. Very very clean.

Well done Sir. :drink40:

BUT,

Did I miss something??????????

Where are the pics of this badass motherfucker at?

sweet build loving the box, tuned in for vids, any reason for mounting the sub without the trim ring? :popcorn:

Thanks for the comments!

Just got done skiing, 0 degrees outside wtf!!!!!!!!

2011-01-22_19-50-27_800.jpg

Damn Bro, I have missed a lot on your build. This is turning our really nice. Very very clean.

Well done Sir. :drink40:

BUT,

Did I miss something??????????

Where are the pics of this badass motherpucker at?

Lol no you didn't miss any pics if the SRT8. That is my buddies truck. He races it often and would never add weight :) He runs high 11's in the quarter, no NOS!

Edited by edouble101