edouble101

System for my Hyundai - Sundown,JL Audio, Crescendo, Audiocontrol, DEI

Winter sucks! Chitty weather is a good reason to stay home from work!

Looks like a great reason to stay inside!!! Awesome job on the fake face-plate!!

Thanks sefugi! You do superb work I really appreciate your comments.

The wiring loOk's clean, jellybean!

:foshizzle:

Agreed on that fake faceplate...

Agreed on that fake faceplate...

:thanx:

It will make more sense once you all see the HU installed. The factory unit is approx 5" deep the Kenwood is 7". That was an issue. The ac/heater vents are on both sides of the HU and aren't 7" deep :Doh: I also had to mount the Kenwood approx 1.5" deeper than the fake faceplate in order for the fake unit to fit flush. So thats 7" + 1.5" + 1"(for RCAs) = 9.5" in a 5" deep dash :puzzled: . I have it all test fitted and made a trim panel as well. I am really anticipating getting the HU installed tomorrow afternoon :crap: <--- LOL!!!!

The Kenwood is mounted :dancing: Not really a big deal but I make everything a big deal.

Hyundai made this vehicle as small as they possibly could, seriously. There is absolutley no room for anything extra. Even running a 12g wire from the battery to cabin was a pita. I couldn't imagine trying to run 1/0 through this firewall :ehh:

I am wired to the factory speakers for now, need some tunes till I finish my install.

HU ground is on driver's side battery ground

Edit-0001-5.jpg

Fake faceplate mounted

Edit-0003-4.jpg

Kenwood KDC-X994 <-- nice HU for under $300

Edit-0012-2.jpg

Edit-0009-3-1.jpg

The HU install came out really clean :drink40:

The HU came out titties! Now you got some James Bond shit going going on up in there. :D

The HU install came out really clean :drink40:

Thanks! Would have been easier to buy a dash kit but I can't take the easy way out.

The HU came out titties! Now you got some James Bond shit going going on up in there. :D

Wait till you see the front stage pop out of the dash, haha. I love hidden hu installs, don't see too many of them these days. I wanted to mount the Kenwood faceplate where the review mirror is, next time around.

Looks like tomorrow will be another snow day. +6" of snow coming tonight. I love living in the Poconos but I really need to get a four wheel drive vehicle.

I've been trying to tear into mine, how in the hell did you get your door panels off?

I've been trying to tear into mine, how in the hell did you get your door panels off?

I didn't get to the doors yet. The interior is held together mostly with plastic clips. It really does take some force to pull them off. I haven't broke a clip yet. This is the door card removal tool that I have, it works well. I think there are 2 screws that need to come out of the door card first.

images.jpg

Post a build log!!!!!!!!!

I did find the screws, in the handgrip and in the handle lever, but couldn't find any others. I knew there would be come clips but damn it seems there are a lot :suicide-santa:

My build will be similar to yours actually lol, XS power and DC under the hood, XS in the rear, a single 15", mine will be a 4th order BP though.

I did find the screws, in the handgrip and in the handle lever, but couldn't find any others. I knew there would be come clips but damn it seems there are a lot :suicide-santa:

My build will be similar to yours actually lol, XS power and DC under the hood, XS in the rear, a single 15", mine will be a 4th order BP though.

The clips are tough, you have to be aggressive. Post a build log!!!

Good luck with DC Power. They sent me an HP alt November 2010 that didn't fit my vehicle, so they uograded me to an XP. I was suppose to have that last week......

Build is coming along nicely Bro.

:drink40:

Thanks!!!

Looks good, nice choice of equipment too.

Thanks!!

Edited by edouble101

Very nice build. Wiring is awesome, great attention to detail. Keep up the skillz! :fing34: :fing34:

Serious attention to detail man!! looking forward to more updates

Thanks for the comments!

Just got done skiing, 0 degrees outside wtf!!!!!!!!

2011-01-22_19-50-27_800.jpg

i'm assuming that you're driving the Cherokee srt8 after skiing right?

great build going

i'm assuming that you're driving the Cherokee srt8 after skiing right?

great build going

:fing34:

I really hope to make some more progress this week. I am working on the subwoofer enclosure external bracing and component layout (amps, processor, relays). I need to purchase some deadening for the trunk before I install it all.

Between working overtime and family stuff I havent had much time at all to work on my install.

Biggest update is that I am ditching the 3 way setup I was doing for the front stage. I scored a set of USD A-700 waveguides modified with Selenium DH200E-E drivers :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

I am awaiting funds to purchase SDS products for the trunk then the build will really take off.

I made a mock-up box that is the same size as my subwoofer enclosure. It is much easier to move the mock-up box around than the +100lbs subwoofer enclosure.

Plan A. Have the subwoofer enclosure mounted rear facing. I made an external skeleton brace. I thought it was going to work...... I think the 15" would be chocked off. My trunk is too small for a box this big rear facing.

Edit-0009-4-1.jpg

Plan B. Forward facing subwoofer sealed from trunk

Edit-0030-1.jpg

Edit-0029-1-1.jpg

My vote is forward facing. Eliminate the rattling trunk from the equation and save on deadener. Can you still get the spare tire in and out with the box in there?

My vote is forward facing. Eliminate the rattling trunk from the equation and save on deadener. Can you still get the spare tire in and out with the box in there?

The spare tire definitely will not be usable in the spare tire well. I am putting my second D3400 in there instead.

So you think I will not have to deaden the trunk with a forward firing setup sealed?

Thanks for hit'n me up j-roadtatts :drink40:

With forward facing I wouldn't waste any deadener on the trunk. Plus you won't hear all the road noise from your trunk if its sealed off. I am not famillair with that particular car but would guess the most rattling will be the roof, and rear deck. you can screw a couple blocks between the rear deck and box that will stiffen the rear deck more than any amount of deadener.