Optimus_Prime

2009 Malibu Build (2 B2 Audio CC 12")

every time i look at an xcon video i keep thinking "do i really need a spare tire in my trunk?"

It was moving silly amounts of air had the one sub wired up to 2ohms at about half volume, with amp at 1/2 gain, cant wait till i get my other one and the enclosure, The one Xcon was as loud as the 2 12" hx2's when i compared them, of course at the time the con was getting more power but still I was impressed. LOL the box i put it in has a lil 3" id port these are gonna be ridiculous. So far the Rubicon seems to be pretty stout.

Anyone know of a good priced agm trickle charger, kinetik 2400 has been sitting for some months now without charge and is pretty damn dead, kept making the alt default to a lower charging status, charge on car starts at 15.1 then drops to 12.6 floating there after the big load overheats my alt.

XS Power makes excellent AGM charges. Not cheap though.

Anyone know whats up with the guys at argent, have not been able to get hold of them via e-mail. Is there anyone else actively making enclosures and shipping them.

Anyone know whats up with the guys at argent, have not been able to get hold of them via e-mail. Is there anyone else actively making enclosures and shipping them.

Seems to be real busy lately and hasnt been doing to many updates to his current work list, real slow moment for him right about now.

No spare tire FTW and nice mock up box.

Ya thanks Jay-cee i just got done reading about him working solo and in the process of moving his operation, guess i picked a bad time to be in a hurry for a box. :ohnoes9:

nice build man,

one thing

malibus suck getting loud lol

if your going to end up firing the subs towards the cabin,

make sure you seal it off good and don't forget the package tray too,

foam up all the holes,there's a lot of holes that you need to work with,

not forgeting the roof,it's really weak,

shiz is a bizz

but it gives you a ridiculous jump on DBs

i jumped from 143.1 to 146

just by doing that and the car frequencies went really low,i peak in the 30s now

used to peak on the 50s,which it was ridiculous lol

Good head up silencer, Im going to try the box for rear firing setup first and see if it will allow the wave to build correctly for the 31hz tuning, and play with the same box front firing next.

Well the Kinetik seems to be a goner, my fault i let it sit too long without maintaining it. Batt suggestions please for a healthy stock elec for 2500rms.

XS Power is top notch. Check out their chart for your power needs. Or call Nathan he is extremely helpful.

Update: going new direction with amplifier, Decided to ditch the rubicon 2500 for this monster.

amp2-1.jpg

amp1-1.jpg

birthsheet.jpg

Amp3-1.jpg

Now just waiting for Argent to get up and running for the enclosure, right now trying to decide what two batts to get.

Curious to what made you switch amps? Looking good so far.

Curious to what made you switch amps? Looking good so far.

It was the amp I wanted in the first place, and the constant power feature is freakin sweet wont have to worry about imp rise. And BONUS :morepower1: More power and reliability with a shockingly small footprint.

Properly crimped all the wire today,

That Lenco Swedge-On Tool is the best crimper I ever used and recommend it to anybody, not the best but does the job well.

Properly crimped all the wire today,

That Lenco Swedge-On Tool is the best crimper I ever used and recommend it to anybody, not the best but does the job well.

I agree it is the first hammer crimper i have ever used, and worth every penny, sweetest crimps made for under 30$, Didnt show pics of the clear heatshrink i used, I like the way the clear looks.

:fing34:

Looking good mang.

Thanks Sir its been a slow process thus far, now it all comes down to ordering up my xs batts when they come into stock, and Argent audio for the enclosure, whats up with them Zcons, any updates.

Finally ordered the batts, will be doing Kinetik a HC1400 up front and Hc3800 in the rear should hold me over until i can get an Ho alt from Ohio Generator, sorry for all the delay guys was going to get some XS Batts but they are extremely difficult to find and i got hooked up from Pat at Kinetik. Batts will be in next week and the enclosure hopefully by then end of the month.

Finally ordered the batts, will be doing Kinetik a HC1400 up front and Hc3800 in the rear should hold me over until i can get an Ho alt from Ohio Generator, sorry for all the delay guys was going to get some XS Batts but they are extremely difficult to find and i got hooked up from Pat at Kinetik. Batts will be in next week and the enclosure hopefully by then end of the month.

Our builds should be done at the same time :D

Waiting on batteries, boxes, and alternators.

Man ive got a bad case of bass deprivation syndrome i needs me some bass.