Optimus_Prime

2009 Malibu Build (2 B2 Audio CC 12")

Box is so sick, end of story. *drools*

Ok guys it's up and running, BUT I am having trouble getting expected or desired results. I have tried the box rear and front firing, and to say the least does not sound near 3400wrms. any help would be appreciated. And subs seem to easily bottom out while having little output. :trippy:

Wiring to 1ohm or still 4ohm?

Rf amp has a fixed ssf right? Where's the lpf set to?

Oh and voltage at the amp? Gain set by ear?

Wiring to 1ohm or still 4ohm?

Rf amp has a fixed ssf right? Where's the lpf set to?

Oh and voltage at the amp? Gain set by ear?

Wired to 1ohm and ya fixed ssf to 28hz, and voltage gets down to low 12's rarely.

hope it works out for you bro :) GL with getting it figured out!

Ya thanks man I hear the acoustics of these cars are shitty, I hope i can find the culprit.

Here's a vid did a lil more tuning etc got a bit better.

Seal her up Bro.

Seal off all the holes around that box from the trunk.

Looking Good.

:fing34:

Mic sucks hehe, video was sick tho, your headliner and windshield flexing, nasty.

Can't wait for more videos. Oh and make a beauty panel and seal trunk off. It'll get louder... :P

gonna pull the box and rewire for 4 ohms and see what happens, Im deff having voltage issues that amp pulls tons of current.

WOW should I give up and part it out I dunno

I dont know what you are expecting out of it. But that is some crazy flex. Maybe upgrade the electrical a little more so your voltage doesnt drop that low.

WOW should I give up and part it out I dunno

I dont know what you are expecting out of it. But that is some crazy flex. Maybe upgrade the electrical a little more so your voltage doesnt drop that low.

To say the least I know what 150+ is like and I think the cam I am using is generous and this feels and sounds like 141 at best.

that kinetick 3800 its more expensive that the 2400 but it looks smaller

do you have an high output alt that would help alot , i know people dont like this(because i have a capacitor) but this is my setup i kinetick 2400 under the hood then going to back 2 deka intimidators 9a31then i have a stinger 50 farad cap going to my amps 4/0 cause for the power and ground disributions , im ruinng a sundown 3000 at 1 ohm the voltage on the capacitor the lowest ive ever seen it go is 11.8 but it doesnt stay there alot i dont think it even matters my batteries are resting at 13v since i got the 2400 under the hood it must be sending back alot of power. most of the time im running at the high 13s im just saying some times it does drop to 11.8 on certain songs and volumes only if i want it too i can go lower still sound loud and good and have to drop so its all good. a high output alt would really help me but my car doesnt really have any options for that

im running this alt right not its doing pretty well for what it is

http://compare.ebay.com/like/280620176741?var=bingv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=226940079106&crlp=1_263602_325002&UA=%3F*F%3F&GUID=827fd82f12f0a0aa13005150feafc3b1&itemid=280620176741&ff4=263602_325002

Edited by markak134

that kinetick 3800 its more expensive that the 2400 but it looks smaller

do you have an high output alt that would help alot , i know people dont like this(because i have a capacitor) but this is my setup i kinetick 2400 under the hood then going to back 2 deka intimidators 9a31then i have a stinger 50 farad cap going to my amps 4/0 cause for the power and ground disributions , im ruinng a sundown 3000 at 1 ohm the voltage on the capacitor the lowest ive ever seen it go is 11.8 but it doesnt stay there alot i dont think it even matters my batteries are resting at 13v since i got the 2400 under the hood it must be sending back alot of power. most of the time im running at the high 13s im just saying some times it does drop to 11.8 on certain songs and volumes only if i want it too i can go lower still sound loud and good and have to drop so its all good. a high output alt would really help me but my car doesnt really have any options for that

im running this alt right not its doing pretty well for what it is

http://compare.ebay.com/like/280620176741?var=bingv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=226940079106&crlp=1_263602_325002&UA=%3F*F%3F&GUID=827fd82f12f0a0aa13005150feafc3b1&itemid=280620176741&ff4=263602_325002

i wonder if the volt meter on the capacitor is measures itself and what its doing or it like just reading volts idk, but my other volt meter that measures the front battery its always higher voltage than when i look what the capacitor is saying i should test it buy putting a volt meter right by the amp

I've been in several vehicles doing low 40s and none had that much flex. Either your headliner and windshield move very easily or your idea of low 40s is different :P

Is there anywhere / anyone near you where you can get metered?

I've been in several vehicles doing low 40s and none had that much flex. Either your headliner and windshield move very easily or your idea of low 40s is different :P

Is there anywhere / anyone near you where you can get metered?

To say, at the moment would not draw a crowd if it wasn't for the wheels!. And as far as metering, Id only show the vid if I was shocked. definitely not even mid 40's.

You said the drivers look like there at full excursion right?

You said the drivers look like there at full excursion right?

Its hard to say, but they seem to be moving normally!

Try stuffing towels or whatever around that box to seal it up from the trunk and see if it makes a difference.

Does your HU have sub level? What is it set on? Where do you have the subs crossed?