25 members have voted

1. 1. which sub is better for what i want?

• RE audio sx 15 in ported box (brand new)
    • Sundown audio sa 15 no box new
    • kicker L7 15 no box new
    • 1 12" incrimator DR series new
    • TC sounds LMS-R 12 new

hello. well iv narrowed my choices down to the ones above. i will have them running on a kicker zx1500.1, 4 gauge wireing, in a ext. cab ranger i want a little of both ( SQ and SPL) i dont want to spend over 325 max.

Edited by Lantz

You already have a Kicker amp ... IDK, I say go with the Kicker to match ... :drink40:

You already have a Kicker amp ... IDK, I say go with the Kicker to match ... :drink40:

i can see y'd u say that but im not really into having a "matching" set-up. just what would sound best. iv had kicker l7's but i want to try something different. i figured i just throw it up ther to see how many people would think it would be my best bet.

Can you tell us some more info? All that you provided was budget.

Goals?

Goals?

what more do u need?

i have a '94 ford ranger 4.0L v6 ext.cab red in color. i have all 4 guage wireing along with the big 3 (which i just finished about 5 mins ago lol) i am running a kicker zx1500.1 ( 750@4 ohms 1500@2 ohms) i have all kicker door speakers with a sony head unit.

i have verified mostly everything in my origional post but there it is again for those who cant read.

Thanks for the help so far fellas

I don't know if it's really necessarily better? but I'd like you to buy it and give us a review... Then sell it to me for 1/4 the price so I can has it! :peepwall:

With a box and that subwoofer though you will most likely surpass that budget unless you go sealed...

I know the SA is a 600watt sub. You will be almost putting triple of the rated power.

I'd go with a SSA Xcon. This will give you a sub that will take the power well with good SQ but still able to get loud.

I know the SA is a 600watt sub. You will be almost putting triple of the rated power.

I'd go with a SSA Xcon. This will give you a sub that will take the power well with good SQ but still able to get loud.

the xcon is about 75$ outta my price ranger bro. it does look like a good well built sub though. actually it looks alot like a fi btl.....

Actually for his amplifier setup, the SA15 would be an almost perfect match up... A Dual 2ohm subwoofer will have a 4ohm or 1ohm load in the end depending on wiring. His amplifier is not rated to run at 1ohm which would mean he can't do it and if he could that would be too much power for that subwoofer. If he runs the subwoofer at 4ohms the SA15 would see about 750w of power...

My vote stays... :peepwall:

Find a used Xcon. And get a good ported box. That's it !

(It does not sound like a Fi btl at all. I've had both.)

Take a look at the Fi bl with the big coils.

The Incriminator Audio Death Row series is an excellent driver that will be a great match for your amp. Great output and sq imo. Follow IA box specs and you got yourself a great daily sub woofer setup.

IA DR ftw!

Actually for his amplifier setup, the SA15 would be an almost perfect match up... A Dual 2ohm subwoofer will have a 4ohm or 1ohm load in the end depending on wiring. His amplifier is not rated to run at 1ohm which would mean he can't do it and if he could that would be too much power for that subwoofer. If he runs the subwoofer at 4ohms the SA15 would see about 750w of power...

My vote stays... :peepwall:

so ur saying get the dual 2 ohm sa 15 and run it at 4 ohms????

IA Death Row. Get dual 4ohm coils and run 1000wrms to the sub.

Goals?

what more do u need?

i have a '94 ford ranger 4.0L v6 ext.cab red in color. i have all 4 guage wireing along with the big 3 (which i just finished about 5 mins ago lol) i am running a kicker zx1500.1 ( 750@4 ohms 1500@2 ohms) i have all kicker door speakers with a sony head unit.

i have verified mostly everything in my origional post but there it is again for those who cant read.

Thanks for the help so far fellas

How does that answer his question? You listed what you have, not what you want to achieve. Hence him asking "Goals?"

I know the SA is a 600watt sub. You will be almost putting triple of the rated power.I'd go with a SSA Xcon. This will give you a sub that will take the power well with good SQ but still able to get loud.
Actually for his amplifier setup, the SA15 would be an almost perfect match up... A Dual 2ohm subwoofer will have a 4ohm or 1ohm load in the end depending on wiring. His amplifier is not rated to run at 1ohm which would mean he can't do it and if he could that would be too much power for that subwoofer. If he runs the subwoofer at 4ohms the SA15 would see about 750w of power... My vote stays... :peepwall:
so ur saying get the dual 2 ohm sa 15 and run it at 4 ohms????

Yes I was saying that...

IA Death Row. Get dual 4ohm coils and run 1000wrms to the sub.

This could work out even better as it has potential for a much higher output.... Potential being the key word here...

yesterday, i got on youtube and looked up the sa 15 and actually it looks pretty impressive for the price. im soposed to be selling both my 9500's on friday so as long as he buys BOTH ill be getting the sa 15. i have alot of people wanting just one so idk....

the xcon is about 75$ outta my price ranger bro. it does look like a good well built sub though. actually it looks alot like a fi btl.....

Two VERY different drivers.

yesterday, i got on youtube and looked up the sa 15 and actually it looks pretty impressive for the price. im soposed to be selling both my 9500's on friday so as long as he buys BOTH ill be getting the sa 15. i have alot of people wanting just one so idk....

I didn't suggest SA because your not going to get the most out your amp.

Why only run your amp at half power instead of spending a little more money and getting a sub that will.

A SSA Xcon is made in the USA vs China of the Sundown.(Not saying anything bad, some people its important. Sundown is very good quality.)

If you think you'll be happy with the SA go for it. But videos on youtube doesn't really describe much on the sub. Flex videos mean hardly anything. I hope you know that.

Question, why are you selling your 9500 12"s? Those are very good woofers.

Wow 9500's ill buy them and design a way to make them loud lol!!!

just a few ideas real quick

Iv had a zx series kicker amp. Mine didn't have a sub sonic filter, so you might want to check that as it will be needed for good sound quality and the life of your sub unless you want to bottom out your sub especially if your over powering :suicide-santa: . Otherwise sell it get a smaller amp with good quality and have a setup you would like. Also im still not exactly sure of you price range but look into FI they have a huge selection of different subs suited to different power applications. But out of the choices you provided id go with the sundown or the incriminator.

what ever you choose to do i hope all goes well

Edited by samuel6731

just a few ideas real quick

Iv had a zx series kicker amp. Mine didn't have a sub sonic filter, so you might want to check that as it will be needed for good sound quality and the life of your sub unless you want to bottom out your sub especially if your over powering :suicide-santa: . Otherwise sell it get a smaller amp with good quality and have a setup you would like. Also im still not exactly sure of you price range but look into FI they have a huge selection of different subs suited to different power applications. But out of the choices you provided id go with the sundown or the incriminator.

what ever you choose to do i hope all goes well

Kicker has a fixed subsonic filter. Its either on and off, and since you owned one, shouldn't you know that?

And since when isn't Kicker good quality? What do you suggest that is so much better?( I'm not saying their isn't)

OP, MTX 9500s can get quiet loud, and honestly one SA15 at 750rms probably won't be as loud as two 12 9500s on 1500rms(I'm assuming this.)

Id go with the sa or the death row both are nice subs

Edited by On3Hundr3dProof