madmike0121

comment on fi btl n3

ok i got my fi btl n3 in

finally got the box built for them and hooked them in my car ...

and to my surprise they play music just fine....

the box for two twelves is 7,2 cubic feet after displacement 6.8 and tuned to 38 hertz

and sounds damn good and not even broken in yet

so everyone who said they would sound like sh$t U WERE Wrong

thanks , please no negative comments i posted this for other people considering to buy these who have worries like i did that it wouldnt play music

and to answer another question i have the 7 spiders on it so 5 probally be alot more musical thats my two cence..

Cool cool, glad you like your subwoofer :drink40: I've heard similar stuff ;)

:suicide-santa::WTFBubble::ughdunno:

i asked people if the n3 was spl only or could play music daily and compete in competitions

over 90 percent of the responses said it was spl sub only and would sound like crap as a daily driver sub

they sound just fine..

:suicide-santa::WTFBubble::ughdunno:

i asked people if the n3 was spl only or could play music daily and compete in competitions

over 90 percent of the responses said it was spl sub only and would sound like crap as a daily driver sub

they sound just fine..

:morepower1: for taking the chance! :dancing:

:popcorn:

You now that pictures are needed now. You can not tell us about these btls with out some pictures. Glad you are happy with them, but how about some pictures? :)

What we say is that it has too much motor force to be acceptable for a daily driver..the N2 is far better for daily than the N3.

It's not going to sound like poo..nor is it going to explode..it's just not as ideal as the N2 is.

If you listen to rap, I'm sure it can sound good.

It may be different for jazz.

Tell us more and show us pics!!!!pleaaase !

Free air resonance is higher too so it's still not as good for hitting those lows as much either am I right?

Fs has absolutely NOTHING to do with frequency response.

It has too much motor force for daily driving applications..causes a saddle shape response curve.

would it be safe to say that the N3 could be alot closer to the older BTL (UFO style mag) than the N2?

I believe the N2 was made to replace the ufo style btl. The N3 was mainly made for burps, from what i have understood.

If the majority of response was saying it wouldn't be the right sub for your application, with even the owners telling you it's not ideal, why did you still get them? just to prove them wrong? what if they weren't what you wanted? Doesn't make sense to me. But all the power to ya' if you like it.

We say it is not ideal for musical or daily driving scenarios..which is why we have the N2..that is optimized for daily driving in the 2kw range.

N3 has significantly more motor force than the "UFO" style of btl.

"the BTL-N3 Series is the latest weapon in our arsenal directed towards competition use. "..right off the site.

ok i got my fi btl n3 in

finally got the box built for them and hooked them in my car ...

and to my surprise they play music just fine....

the box for two twelves is 7,2 cubic feet after displacement 6.8 and tuned to 38 hertz

and sounds damn good and not even broken in yet

so everyone who said they would sound like sh$t U WERE Wrong

thanks , please no negative comments i posted this for other people considering to buy these who have worries like i did that it wouldnt play music

and to answer another question i have the 7 spiders on it so 5 probally be alot more musical thats my two cence..

FUCK YEAHHHHH I TOLD YOU GUYS!!!

You now that pictures are needed now. You can not tell us about these btls with out some pictures. Glad you are happy with them, but how about some pictures? :)

LOL AGREEDDDDD

would it be safe to say that the N3 could be alot closer to the older BTL (UFO style mag) than the N2?

i agree to what you just said, the ufo has a TON and i mena a TON of force, which is why id takethe n3 over the n2

..there's only a 10% difference in the N2 and UFO motor...which isn't much.

yes the btl n3 has tons of force and of course im putting a ton of wattage to it probally 6000 to 8000 dont know yet havent clamped it yet

i have to work alot

at first i thought the speakers were bottoming out when the lows hit which it plays lows fine in my car after i did some looking around it was my car that was bottoming out panels rear deck trunk roof everything.

so if u plan on playing dailly make sure have lots of wattage, and a ton dynamat or something to keep the vibrations down... or ull think that ur subs are going to explode in my case the car making all the racket

it will be a while a while ill post a video for u guys been busy at work so dont get much time to play with it :fing34:

im sure the n2 would be great and easier for daily applications ------------ enless ur a decible freak like me and play daily and in comps yes there is a little give a take but id take the n3 all day long thanks

Glad to hear it is working out good for you. The N3's are a great sub!!

Free air resonance is higher too so it's still not as good for hitting those lows as much either am I right?

That is the frequency at which the spider pack resonates, while free air, in an anechoic room, that will have nothing to do with response.

Can't wait to have four 15" N3 with 20kw right behind my head. SQPL

yes the btl n3 has tons of force and of course im putting a ton of wattage to it probally 6000 to 8000 dont know yet havent clamped it yet

i have to work alot

at first i thought the speakers were bottoming out when the lows hit which it plays lows fine in my car after i did some looking around it was my car that was bottoming out panels rear deck trunk roof everything.

so if u plan on playing dailly make sure have lots of wattage, and a ton dynamat or something to keep the vibrations down... or ull think that ur subs are going to explode in my case the car making all the racket

it will be a while a while ill post a video for u guys been busy at work so dont get much time to play with it :fing34:

im sure the n2 would be great and easier for daily applications ------------ enless ur a decible freak like me and play daily and in comps yes there is a little give a take but id take the n3 all day long thanks

So will it not sound as loud with just the 3000 rms? And what kind of music do you listen to? Like, whats your opinion of the subwoofers performance across the major music genres? Rap/Hip-Hop, Rock, and Dubstep :) And please, show pics of the entire install! I'm glad you took the chance, as long as you knew that you were taking taking that chance, good to see that your satisfied though :fing34:

Can't wait to have four 15" N3 with 20kw right behind my head. SQPL

:roflmao: