sefugi

Grasshopper's Hoe

Looking good, I need more tools.

Thanks!!! The right tools can really help with making a project go well with excellent result! :drink40:

Looking really nice Sir.

Thanks!!!!

All goes well I'll get it wrapped tonight!

I was going to buy a router and sander the other day but bought another amp instead. :suicide-santa: Now I have a slightly taller stack of equipment and still have no system installed in any of my vehicles. :suicide-santa: I wanted to do something nice with the box/amp rack this time for my Bronco but I can't ever get time off at the same time as other folks who own the tools I need to build it with, I am about to run out of patience though and just build some regular box and leave the amps on the floor with wires looking like Medusa on a bad hair day.

I was going to buy a router and sander the other day but bought another amp instead. :suicide-santa: Now I have a slightly taller stack of equipment and still have no system installed in any of my vehicles. :suicide-santa: I wanted to do something nice with the box/amp rack this time for my Bronco but I can't ever get time off at the same time as other folks who own the tools I need to build it with, I am about to run out of patience though and just build some regular box and leave the amps on the floor with wires looking like Medusa on a bad hair day.

Got that problem as well, lots of stuff collected and minimal wood-working tools. Not to mention, I keep helping with other builds instead of doing a nice one for myself.

When you get to working on your setup, buy a good comb to straighten out Medusa's hair! :trippy:

Enclosure and amp rack are looking very nice.

Enclosure and amp rack are looking very nice.

Thank you Sir!!

Got the enclosure covered over the last 2 evenings. Here are some pics...

img4302fo.jpg

Bottom of the box, seam turned out fairly well. Grasshopper was like, "Who's gonna see that?" I said "Me!"

img4303q.jpg

You can see in this pic the feet/extension that I added to accomodate the wiring that will run under the enclosure to the amp. Gotta make it all look pretty.

img4304gz.jpg

Wiring up the subs to install them. Used some 12ga wire. You should also be able to see that I used some 1/2" spacers under the amp to bring the amp up to the level of the front of the enclosure as well as it should give the amp a little more breathing room for air to flow around it. Thinking about making some filler peices to go at the ends of the amp to cover the wiring.

img4306f.jpg

One sub in, time for the second.

img4305uh.jpg

Both subs in!!

img4308e.jpg

Next is just some random shots of the completed enclosure. Will be waiting on Grasshopper to do a little more with the carpet trimming before we set this up in the Tahoe and start the wiring.

img4311v.jpg

img4312x.jpg

img4310ny.jpg

img4309x.jpg

:phatyo:

Turned out very nice, great job. :fing34:

Wow that really looks great!!!!!!!!

Why did you choose MBQuart amps? Just wondering.

:phatyo:

Yes, phat = very wide! Thanks!

Turned out very nice, great job. :fing34:

Thanks, fairly happy with the results.

Wow that really looks great!!!!!!!!

Why did you choose MBQuart amps? Just wondering.

:thanx:

When he asked about a 5-channel amp I suggested the Zed Leviathan, but that was more than he wanted spend. So we search around and found a few in his price range, but he liked the look of the MB Quarts. His $ and his system, well his wife's system.

Makes sense to me :attempt:

Nice and flush! Great work as always!

Thanks!!! I wanted it to have a nice clean face!

Makes sense to me :attempt:

I made other suggestions for amps, but what you see with the results of the enclosure is what Grasshopper was invisioning. I made him happy, and that was my goal!

Very nice covered and loaded. Should work very well with the fresh headliner and carpet! :ghost:

Very nice covered and loaded. Should work very well with the fresh headliner and carpet! :ghost:

Thanks!!! Hoping it fits in like we want, Grasshopper took the measurements. Seems really wide...

Awsome build quality man always so fresh and clean, I like the attention to detail on everything really shows :drink40:

:thanx: Lots of wiring to run and keep the clean look going!

Very clean....definitely my kind of style :fing34:

looks very nice. great job! i like it a lot

Thanks!!! Grasshopper put on his "happy face" when he saw it!