stevemead08

SSA's Evil SS Camaro. 4 Evil 15s and 2 DC 7.5ks

If the supertweeters were off axis then perhaps they wouldn't be as harsh, but may require some EQ.

i dont really want super tweeters.

Okay, wasn't sure. Personally I would never use them either, but your goal to have your highs hangs with 155db+ bass is going to be challenging, and extremely hard on the ears.

im not apposed to them personally, but in this application it would be hard to fit them or horns anywhere.

the camaro is a pretty small car and im kinda a big dude. kicks are a hell no. big feet, manual 6 speed, and small car. no place for them. same with horns. i would love horns but i dont think i could make them work.

No experience with horns so I won't say what would work or wouldn't. I do think that PA mids are probably a good route though for sheer output.

If the supertweeters were off axis then perhaps they wouldn't be as harsh, but may require some EQ.

i dont really want super tweeters.

Okay, wasn't sure. Personally I would never use them either, but your goal to have your highs hangs with 155db+ bass is going to be challenging, and extremely hard on the ears.

For example, a .308 rifle unsuppressed fired 10m away approaches 150db, with most of the sound ranging from 130 Hz to 3 kHz. That stings the ear, enough times and it will make speech hard to understand and differentiation of sound difficult.

but you gotta understand. i will listen to this thing loud maybe once a month at shows for a day. even if i was driving around town on a weekend, i wouldnt be playing it real loud.

Yeah it's all dependent on the length of time and loudness. :drink40:

Amps have been picked up and will be here Friday!

:woot: big bass this weekend!

It's my anniversary weekend. Maybe Monday or Tuesday.

oh congrats to you and gyna

oh congrats to you and gyna

Thanks homie

Got a present today from fedex today as scheduled.

IMAG0668.jpgIMAG0671.jpgIMAG0673.jpgIMAG0672.jpgIMAG0674.jpgIMAG0670.jpgIMAG0669.jpg

Some requested amp guts for NEM i believe it was.

IMAG0676.jpgIMAG0677.jpgIMAG0678.jpgIMAG0679.jpg

Did a little work today before it got dark.

IMAG0681.jpgIMAG0682.jpgIMAG0688.jpgIMAG0689.jpgIMAG0687.jpgIMAG0683.jpg

SWWWEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT

see you do have help!!!

:morepower1:

SWWWEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT

see you do have help!!!

:morepower1:

yeah him and chris are about the same size anyway. lol

Congrats on the new amps and the Anniversary, next week should be fun week for you.

Congrats on the new amps and the Anniversary, next week should be fun week for you.

thanks

Looks damn nice Bro.

:drink40:

one step at a time. thanks bro.

nice lookin amps... wonder what kind of numbers you will hit with those compared to the 10k

Edited by 14K

Looks fun

if its as loud or louder than what i did on the stetsom 10k, it should be fun.

Happy Anniversary! The new amps look good. I need :morepower1:

Looks like the boss was out checking on dad's progress. Looking good Steve and I bet it is going to sound nutty!

The reason I ask is we have a local "DC rep" who says Power Bass amps are built better. Clearly I don't think so buy looking at those pictures. Thanks for the pictures Steave.

The reason I ask is we have a local "DC rep" who says Power Bass amps are built better. Clearly I don't think so buy looking at those pictures. Thanks for the pictures Steave.

you know to be honest i dont know anything about powerbass and really dont know much about the DC line either. I have ran sundown as my primary brand for a long time. im kinda lost on some of the other online brands.

Im not a DC fanboy and dont plan to push their products hard in anyway.

So far in my dealings with DC have been real great. very fast replies to emails. next day shipping on my amps and quality built amps on the outside. testing will tell more soon.

Keep us updated! :D

When is the next time your camaro will see a TL?

I have an SPL meter that i use often. its acurate to .1 DB. most dont beleive it but i compare it to the TL at every show. I might make it to a show here in houston on the 11th of december to get an "official" score. thats the next show here but its the same day as my work xmas party. well see how that goes.

Cute pic of the little helper bro :fing34: hope you and mama had a great anniversary and helped little man with a sibling :roflmao: