What build houses make most internet brand amps. Is a crescendo 3.5ks any different than a AQ 3.5k and so on. What's makes one brands quality better it worse when its all the same shit.

OTHER THEN HEAT SINKS!!

The AQ3500 is obviously different then the Crescendo. The AQ has dual inputs. ;)

There was a thread on c a c o where a guy got a saz3000d and crescendo 3kwp and pulled them both apart. He said they were identical except for their cases & heatsinks.

The guys username was "807tubenut."

The guy also modified the 3kwp to see how much more power he could get out of it (just for fun), he seemed to know what he was doing.

OTHER THEN HEAT SINKS!!

Ask Kevin. :ughdunno:

There are a lot of larger companies that OEM internet branded names. Just like Fi OEM's Crossfire, SSA, Etc.

Basically all the vendor does is goes to the company, makes up some standards they want, gets it customized (heatsink, logos,etc) then sold.

They're basically acting as a third party to market their amplifiers

Just like Zenon manufactures Sundown, Crescendo, and a lot of other brands.

There are really no big differences...

I think we are getting away from the inherient differences between sub woofers and amplifiers. One is (at least for us) a stand alone design, where as what was mentioned above, it was a re-badged copy.

Yes I'm asking why is a sundown 3k better than a crescendo 3k. Same amp, can strap the two together, different case. I buy some DC amps, again the same as others on this forum and kinda get the feeling people think there garbage. WHY? Cus its not the brand everyone on here uses or is there something about that amp I don't know about? I know there isn't a big DC following on ssa.

If its korean made its probably zenon. They are strong platforms, nothing wrong with that.

I agree with steve ppl buy the brand they like. they are all pretty much the same. I think this was made due to the skar amp deal,but a lot of ppl on here don't like the company so those people won't buy it for some reason or another.

People have their preffrences and stigmas against other bands. There is always going to be people who prefer other brands to another.

i think the price has alot to do with it.it's to bad that ks isn't a better business man he could probably slang alot more gear and nobody will let him forget his past.

OTHER THEN HEAT SINKS!!

There are a lot of larger companies that OEM internet branded names. Just like Fi OEM's Crossfire, SSA, Etc.

Basically all the vendor does is goes to the company, makes up some standards they want, gets it customized (heatsink, logos,etc) then sold.

Point of manufacture and what is manufactured don't have to be related. As Aaron pointed out for speakers this isn't even close and doesn't have to be for amps. Obviously in order to make changes you have to understand what they are and the ramifications, which isn't trivial but not rocket science either. In fact, most large corporations aren't vertically integrated either and outsource their manufacturing. They can use the same buildhouses and regularly do. There are exceptions, but there are also varying specifications which can be altered as desired. Pretty far off to think that an amp board and a subwoofer are designed the same way.

Amusingly, by your description it only leaves the company you are buying from which due to history should eliminate all transactions from Skar. Considering your relation to Kevin this also gives us some rather strong insight into the lack of him doing anything to them and explains why he won't answer an extremely simple question.

OTHER THEN HEAT SINKS!!

Point of manufacture and what is manufactured don't have to be related. As Aaron pointed out for speakers this isn't even close and doesn't have to be for amps. Obviously in order to make changes you have to understand what they are and the ramifications, which isn't trivial but not rocket science either. In fact, most large corporations aren't vertically integrated either and outsource their manufacturing. They can use the same buildhouses and regularly do. There are exceptions, but there are also varying specifications which can be altered as desired. Pretty far off to think that an amp board and a subwoofer are designed the same way.

Amusingly, by your description it only leaves the company you are buying from which due to history should eliminate all transactions from Skar. Considering your relation to Kevin this also gives us some rather strong insight into the lack of him doing anything to them and explains why he won't answer an extremely simple question.

good point

Lots of amps share the same board. LOTS! It's a small world and people get boners for different reasons.

There is tons of information to be found and by searching around a bit you can see side by side what really matters. Do your homework and buy what makes you happy. 'all that matters in the end. Watts are watts and people are not paying me to run their product.

Personally I get wood when I save money on nice amps not because of the label on the heat-sink!

all i know, crescendo, DC, sundown, and AQ all do over rated power (meaning they are underrated) at higher impedences and lower voltages than on the spec sheet. :popcorn:

Steve Mead, The only reason I could think for anyone to bash DC amps would be the price or personal reasons. If i had the $$ Id run DC amps in a heartbeat

I'm exited to see how the perform. Time will tell.

all i know, crescendo, DC, sundown, and AQ all do over rated power (meaning they are underrated) at higher impedences and lower voltages than on the spec sheet. :popcorn:

How do you "know" this?

I ask because the word "underrated" seems to be thrown around a lot regarding most of these amps, but I've never seen a properly conducted bench test of any of the amplifiers posted or released. It seems most of the time people are basing this on nothing but clamp tests, which are useless for determining if an amplifier is "underrated".

Lots of amps share the same board. LOTS! It's a small world and people get boners for different reasons.

There is tons of information to be found and by searching around a bit you can see side by side what really matters. Do your homework and buy what makes you happy. 'all that matters in the end. Watts are watts and people are not paying me to run their product.

Personally I get wood when I save money on nice amps not because of the label on the heat-sink!

I totally agree what homeboy is sayin. Save some dough and get quality product.... It's just the words he types worry me sometimes. :D

that is it time to get some amps bench tested properly! we all should pool some money and get some amps tested properly!

actually I would love to see how much it would cost to properly bench test an amp and I would be game to toss in some money to cover the testing fee's

although this might be unrealistic if the cost is way to high vs the amount of people who want to know the truth!

as for amps I would gladly send one of my SAZ-2500 in for a proper test! and I am sure I can also get a atomic 7k and a AQ3500 along with a NS1 (the 4500 replacements) and I think some people wouldn't mind sending in a Cresendo 3500 and I think we could talk someone into sending in one of his DC amps lol!

I totally agree what homeboy is sayin. Save some dough and get quality product.... It's just the words he types worry me sometimes. :D

Well for the price I got I can't get 5ks for any less.

Well for the price I got I can't get 5ks for any less.

And there you go, I would have done the same damn thing Bro. Good match for your install and more money in your pocket!

$$$ > hugging nutz! lol