Infinite913

Juicebox battery Apple VS the XS d3400

Both batteries were brand new out of the boxes and we place on an intelicharger and charged together for 24 hours then let sit for an hour before placed on the load tester. I only had the phone to record so I did not have a timer but did it with the recording timer on the phone the XS batt goes for 30seconds and I forgot to time the juicebox so its almost 50seconds on the load test!

Please check out our FORUM http://www.audioaddicts.net/forum/index.php?/forum/29-juicebox-battery/

was that your clamps smoking?

Was that smoke from the terminals I saw?

:WTFBubble: was that smoke coming from?

I'll stick with XS since I cannot find anything on Juicebox!

the smoke was coming from the bolts because the bolts on the batts are not conductive enough for the amp load so it's building resistance up which increases heat.

the smoke was coming from the bolts because the bolts on the batts are not conductive enough for the amp load so it's building resistance up which increases heat.

Should use brass or copper bolts to help eliminate this resistance!

do NOT use copper bolts.. copper bolts are probably very fragile and a good torque could break it.

The bolt itself when used (not in testing) should just be used to hold down your terminals. I'm not saying go use the worst conductive bolt ever but Stainless is suppose to be the standard.

• The smoke you see rolling off the batteries is because you are connected to the stainless steel bolts which is a horrible conductor. If you haven't ruined the terminals and the connections on the batteries with the heat from the obviously glowing red bolts, you should actually make a good connection to the battery and see what kind of results you get. Not a bad load test for the juice box battery, but definitely another misleading attempt to prove the companies worth.
    4xspower 8 hours ago 2 pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
  • @4xspower We just used the bolts provided in the box that came with the battery, as did we with the Juicebox battery so both batteries got the same treatment. I will say this, Xs Power makes a great battery and that is why they are leading the industry. All we are trying to do here is show we can hang with the big dogs, that is all.
    913Customs 8 hours ago

""

Why XS Power battery get the shitty terminals that were GLOWING red?

Resistance, it's been explained.

I know WHY they are glowing.

The bolts were not meant to have that much power pulled through them. They are meant to hold the ring terminal to the pad.

500 amps is a lot of juice running through there and i'm pretty sure even with brass bolts you would get some smoking from the clamps anyway. Can't say i'm a fan of the name juice box and feel a name change might help the brand along more than trying to use names of fruits. If they are in fact comparable to the xs power batteries they'll prove themselves over time and win people over just like many other brands have done.

Screw all this comparison bs... give me a few sacks of taters some wire and nails. :roflmao: In all reality most batteries are very much alike its a battery for shit sakes. Only so many ways to slice an apple as it is to build a battery. Mind you some are of a little higher quality but is another 150 bucks worth that .2v you might get with that xs over say a shuriken battery? Not to me the least bit id rather have a better alternator.

Why did I get a neg1 on my post ??? I do not run those batteries ... I just thought it was fun to see the smoke ...

Screw all this comparison bs... give me a few sacks of taters some wire and nails. :roflmao: In all reality most batteries are very much alike its a battery for shit sakes. Only so many ways to slice an apple as it is to build a battery. Mind you some are of a little higher quality but is another 150 bucks worth that .2v you might get with that xs over say a shuriken battery? Not to me the least bit id rather have a better alternator.

Was that ment to be a joke. :fing34:

Why did I get a neg1 on my post ??? I do not run those batteries ... I just thought it was fun to see the smoke ...

There you go zero again.

Edited by Fearz

-

Edited by Fearz

Also is there a whole line up of the Juicebox battery's listed somewhere?

Was that ment to be a joke. :fing34:

However you take it i laughed a little to myself when i posted it but shit im a little crazy.