ncacoates

Mazda 8x SA-12 build

Looks loud. I love the clean wiring. smile.png

X10

You make the drive you can listen all you want when its done. I say we all have a meet up this summer in Myrtle beach, SC

MB Meet June 06-11 peepwall.gif

I will be in Chapel Hill this Saturday. I would love to hear your shit if your in the area.

Thanks y'all ill try and get a picture in the daytime today. Videos will follow as soon as I get a chance.

You make the drive you can listen all you want when its done. I say we all have a meet up this summer in Myrtle beach, SC

MB Meet June 06-11 peepwall.gif

I will be in Chapel Hill this Saturday. I would love to hear your shit if your in the area.

I'm sure we can work something out Saturday to meet up. If not ill be down your way to visit some friends and the guys at sundown soon.

Very nice build. BTW what did you use for the terminals on the outside of the box? Just asking because I don't really want to punch holes through my box to run the wires to the amp.

this has turned out nice..

I am doing a wall with 8 sa12's. What are the specs of the box?

Thanks bud! So many variables to deal with id find someone to design you one to be honest.

Very clean looking. Nice work

Thanks Mark im thinking you need to cram a large number of the g-cons up in the hyundai.

Very nice build. BTW what did you use for the terminals on the outside of the box? Just asking because I don't really want to punch holes through my box to run the wires to the amp.

Terminals I got were from lowes in the electrical section. Slandered copper lug for 12-6awg i believe.

Thanks Mark im thinking you need to cram a large number of the g-cons up in the hyundai.

Although I would love to, I don't think my 3 month old son would appreciate that just yet ;)

I don't know how I missed this build, it's killer!

Wiring looks prime, really like those terminals, the more i see them around here.

I was always sold on black/blue or black/red wiring but that single color for grounds/power/speaker is sexy. Looks brutal just from the pictures.

I was always sold on black/blue or black/red wiring but that single color for grounds/power/speaker is sexy. Looks brutal just from the pictures.

+1

Can't wait to see a vid

Looks loud. I love the clean wiring. smile.png

Very Nice work!!

I'm in Myrtle beach RIGHT NOW. wish I could hear that beast.

Looks great!

Thanks again for all the compliments guys im working on getting some videos this weekend.

Although I would love to, I don't think my 3 month old son would appreciate that just yet wink.png

Yeah i could see where that would be a problem but maybe one day i guess.

Ive never been a fan on the multicolored wiring i think it just looks better one color. Grey stinger HPM is just sexy wire however weird that sounds lol.

I'm in Myrtle beach RIGHT NOW. wish I could hear that beast.

Id assume you wont be coming back towards Raleigh or Durham or id be more than glad too.

Been super busy this weekend and didn't have time to get any videos but i promise they will be coming soon. It appears door pods are next as components stand no chance at all. I originally wanted to run 3 way active but it turned out to be far more trouble that i wanted to get into. Id like to run 3-4 3" full range drivers up the pillars and 2 7-8" mids in each door.

Ive heard 3 sa 12's on a 2500, and they were crazy. i can only imagine 8. Very nice build man. Vids!!!

Ive heard 3 sa 12's on a 2500, and they were crazy. i can only imagine 8. Very nice build man. Vids!!!

Thanks man it really is evil i cant wait to get some videos of it for you guys.

On a shitty note i did some testing and box rise is kicking my ass right now. With the amps strapped im only get 4500+/- wrms fight now and voltage is staying around 13.5v. Just for shits and giggles i strapped them at .5 so .25 an an amp and got 6400w and let me tell you shittttttttt it was brutal. Wish i could keep it that way but im not gonna toast the amps nor can my electrical hold up. Im gonna try an gain match the amps and run each amp with a 1ohm load and see if that helps some. If not im assuming a saz-4500d or bigger will replace it running at .5 ohms.

Edited by MemphisMzd

Build is crazy mayne, The box came out real nice.

If you're in Durham i have to hear this!

VIDS!!!

Build is crazy mayne, The box came out real nice.

If you're in Durham i have to hear this!

Appreciate it man! If you can make it here im more than willing to let you hear it.

VIDS!!!

Working on it the best i can its hard around here to not get yelled at. I did do a few hair tricks and one of the girls has super long thick hair. If shes willing to do it again ill try and get a video or two.

This and a visit to Sundown might be a worthwhile trip :)

Well ill be going to sundown in the next couple weeks its only a 2 hour drive for me. Good time to make the trip if your thinking about it

Awesome Build!!! Love the box.

Could you tell me what router and jig set that is. Been looking to get one for awhile now.

Thanks

Awesome Build!!! Love the box.

Could you tell me what router and jig set that is. Been looking to get one for awhile now.

Thanks

Jasper jig and dewalt router. Mines the larger one that accepts 1/4 and 1/2 bit shanks. It comes with a fixed base and plunge base. From all I've read its the best in its class and one of the only routers with interchangeable bases that works flawlessly.