Sencheezy

Team IAK IronMan Explorer

Stupid dbl post

Edited by chicagofan

its playing :)

its playing smile.png

Come on, you can't leave us hanging like that...

sweet!

Cheezy, I forgot, how did you like those IA comp sets?

I really liked them man, they got really loud and sounded good as well!

its playing smile.png

Come on, you can't leave us hanging like that...

hehe.

So far I'm pretty exicted and pleased. Its definately a different sound than before. The lower notes are for sure a lot more pronounce, and I feel it needs more power. The higher notes don't seem as "punchy" as the zcon did. Everything is much more smoother now. I definately have to do some more tuning. Things left to do is to finish the cosmetics of the box, and install the 2nd false floor. Also need to grab some more wire so that I can reposisiton the amps and such. But yeah, I for sure for sure need to step up my electrical now. It is seriously taking all that I can give to it. I have a few ideas in my head.

also forgot to mention, all that I'm hearing, is first impression, so not really a fair judgement or review can be made just yet. Got to remember I had the zcon for over a year, and a 5500 on it for the most of that time, where I've only spent roughly 45 mins today skimming through songs.

You may need more electrical, but not more power. Don't confuse what it can take with what it needs.

I look forward to hearing, especially in a few weeks when it gets good and broke in.

Well said.

This thing is definitely playing the lows with more authority. This box is out friggin standing. I had the esteemed privilege of lifting this thing and it feels like pure quality. I'm sure you could drop it and crack concrete it is made so well. I feel this can't do anything but get better at this point. It's going to be awesome seeing an alt switch or addon or both along with extra reserve go in this thing.

great to see it playing.  Now beat the hell out of it, break it in, get some time on it and let us know what you think of it.

20130217_160822_zps5604e551.jpg

20130217_160831_zps0f2c046c.jpg

20130217_160838_zps7c28507d.jpg

20130217_160849_zps83405dbc.jpg

20130217_160905_zps8c819711.jpg

20130217_160912_zps1612ae02.jpg

20130217_160942_zps00bfbddc.jpg

I used to have a 2 seat-er explorer too. ;)

I used to have a 2 seat-er explorer too. wink.png

I know where you're getting at :peepwall:

looks good. Damn that's a big box lol

What kind of power did you feed the comps?

looks good. Damn that's a big box lol

What kind of power did you feed the comps?

Thanks Kyle! Yeah for sure it is.

The 200x4 boss amp then the 340x6 zed amp. The zed amp blew off one of the center cone thingy and rip the surround on another. But both most likely my fault lol. Hell, they kept playing and I didn't noticed till I replaced them.

Nice work, now beat the shit out of it!

We'll get some base numbers soon. I bet it plays flat and loud

Edited by swift

looking INSANE!!! 

looks good. Damn that's a big box lol  What kind of power did you feed the comps?

Thanks Kyle! Yeah for sure it is.The 200x4 boss amp then the 340x6 zed amp. The zed amp blew off one of the center cone thingy and rip the surround on another. But both most likely my fault lol. Hell, they kept playing and I didn't noticed till I replaced them.

The Boss and Zed don't put out that power at 4 ohms.

Swift that box looks badass, I think we have a new box builder on the site. You wanna build me one next?

We'll get some base numbers soon. I bet it plays flat and loud

Lemme know when. I wouldn't mind being around for this. 

looks good. Damn that's a big box lol  What kind of power did you feed the comps?

Thanks Kyle! Yeah for sure it is.The 200x4 boss amp then the 340x6 zed amp. The zed amp blew off one of the center cone thingy and rip the surround on another. But both most likely my fault lol. Hell, they kept playing and I didn't noticed till I replaced them.

The Boss and Zed don't put out that power at 4 ohms.

Swift that box looks badass, I think we have a new box builder on the site. You wanna build me one next?

Thanks man, I appreciate the compliments. 

I stay so busy with my business that its hard to find a good time for builds, sometimes I work 12 hour days, 6am to 6pm then come home and work on a build till midnight. But when your ready let me know and we'll see whats going on. I have to spread them out, ya know. lol  I didnt even really see my wife and kids this weekend, but his box is done and it turned out great so I hope he enjoy's it. 

So I've been BEATING on the Evil ALL day!! Even after metering. 149.35 was my highest. Just got home and was metered earlier around 12pm. So for 8 HOURS, I've been giving her all I got. Grant it, not straight hours, but pretty damn close. On mobile but will update here in a few hours at work pc.