edouble101

2- IB315 in the trunk

Thanks for the comments fellas.

I gotta admit I am a little nervous to fire these up for the first time. I did no testing. Fail number 1. I pray they hit me in my head with midbass like I expect.

Damn, you sound like me changing shit before you even get use to it, LOL

Looks great

Edited by swift

Damn, you sound like me changing shit before you even get use to it, LOL

Looks great

It is addicting!

I haven't had time to do much. I am using a kitty hair like product to smooth out the transition between the mounting ring and the baffle. The good thing about this install is that the entire piece will be covered in carpet. I do not need ultra smooth finish. Although I will still get it nice :)

About an hour more work on this enclosure and it will be completed.

EClarkPhoto-5886.jpg

EClarkPhoto-5887.jpg

I got the driver's side midbass installed. I an going to be covering the enclosures with MLV and CCF eventually.

EClarkPhoto-6258.jpg

EClarkPhoto-6259.jpg

EClarkPhoto-6262.jpg

Started on the passenger side.

EClarkPhoto-6260.jpg

didnt wanna paint before u installed speakers ??

looks good though !

looks good though !

The entire enclosure will be covered in carpet, same as the floor.

looks good though !

gotcha. should look perfect when its done !!

looks good though !

gotcha. should look perfect when its done !!

I hope so. Keeping my fingers crossed that it sounds as well as I want it too!

Both of the midbass drivers are installed with a very rough surface finished enclosure.

EClarkPhoto-6271.jpg

I have the xover freqs set at highpass 50hz 24db/oct and lowpass 400hz 12db oct. No eq, time alignment or phase adjustment at this time. I have the ability to turn of my low, midrange and high pass frequencies at the head unit. After doing this, with only the 8" RS225-4 playing, my first impression was disgust :( They sounded like shit. Really no midbass at all and very peaky. After further research I am 100% sure that the enclosures are too small. Which is completely my error with going into this project hands first and not head first. After turning my low, midrange and high pass back on the front stage came together really good. Although I am still lacking the midbass punch I am after. The subbass is more "up front", which is a plus.

Today I made an attempt to boost the lower end response of the RS225 install. I filled the enclosures with polyfill, I stuffed the dash with polyfill, I covered the enclosures with CCF and MLV. Unfortunately everything I did did nothing to the fr.

I also made under dash covers. They are very simple; made out of cardboard. One side is covered with CCF and MLV and sprinkled with polyfill.

EClarkPhoto-6264.jpg

EClarkPhoto-6265.jpg

EClarkPhoto-6267.jpg

EClarkPhoto-6268.jpg

EClarkPhoto-6269.jpg

After doing all the install stuff I can do the last thing to do is to adjust phase alignment, eq and t/a. Hopefully with some eq cutting/boosting I can work out this shitting ass fr.

RTA1.jpg

All of this (fr) has nothing to do with subjective listening.

Here is my mic setup for fr testing

EClarkPhoto-6272.jpg

Damn bro, that sux, I hope you get everything figured out man. Fuck going SQ hardcore, this is exactly why lmao. Too challenging for me! With so many variables to tackle, and how expensive it can be, all the trial and error, etc etc etc!!

damn thats crazy lol.... would love to hear how CLEAN this sounds....

Damn bro, that sux, I hope you get everything figured out man. Fuck going SQ hardcore, this is exactly why lmao. Too challenging for me! With so many variables to tackle, and how expensive it can be, all the trial and error, etc etc etc!!

I need to do less work with my hands and more thinking with my head with this install. I went into the midbass install thinking "make the enclosure as small as possible", total fuck up on my part. I should have first looked at the enclosure QTC with the driver I am using in a sealed alignment. I am seeing a 18db/oct roll off, typical with an aperiodic enclosure, but at a much higher fs than what I want.

LOL, nice jab. Sounds like shit right now. The 18" Z.3 is still pounding like a mutha.

I am going to Canada for a few days and when I get back I want to tidy up some install stuff and start adjusting phase, eq and t/a. If I cant get this RS225 to do what I want I will reverse build my midbass and choose a different driver to use.

BTW I have a new sub amp ordered :) My dual Z.3 15" are going to like it :)

LOL, nice jab. Sounds like shit right now. The 18" Z.3 is still pounding like a mutha.

I am going to Canada for a few days and when I get back I want to tidy up some install stuff and start adjusting phase, eq and t/a. If I cant get this RS225 to do what I want I will reverse build my midbass and choose a different driver to use.

BTW I have a new sub amp ordered smile.png My dual Z.3 15" are going to like it smile.png

lol im sure it sounds better than mine.... SQ wise lol....

any hints on the amp... :D

BTW I have a new sub amp ordered smile.png My dual Z.3 15" are going to like it smile.png

lol im sure it sounds better than mine.... SQ wise lol....

any hints on the amp... biggrin.png

Bob is the owner. Talked to him over the phone, he gave me a price I couldn't pass up. I may need to fabricate a bracket for a second alt at 4300wrms ohmy.png

Bob is the owner. Talked to him over the phone, he gave me a price I couldn't pass up. I may need to fabricate a bracket for a second alt at 4300wrms ohmy.png

American bass i see..... nice choice :)

American bass i see..... nice choice smile.png

VFL-450.1

His product looks cheesy as hell :( I may need to make a few cosmetic alterations. Although many rep his amps as making power.

very nice amps , but as I understand it (or at least the vfl 500.1) won't do 0.5 ohms

my amps are internally the same as the vfl500.1 so that was a bit of a dissapointment for me ...

they do make lots of power though

very nice amps , but as I understand it (or at least the vfl 500.1) won't do 0.5 ohms

my amps are internally the same as the vfl500.1 so that was a bit of a dissapointment for me ...

What amps do you have?

What amps do you have?

Celestra DA6k2 .. 2 of them

:encore::dj:

I did some eq tweaking today. I am using these RTA measurements to get me close to how I want this to sound. I know that moving the mic from "here" to "there" will greatly affect sound.

This is my base run for today. No changes were made form the other day other than adding CCF and MLV to the driver and front passenger floor.

RTA62612base.jpg

I wanted to see what reversing the polarity of the driver's side speaker would do.----- Not good.

RTA62612polrev.jpg

After some EQ'ing

RTA62612eqtweaked.jpg

This is a graph of the whole system. The EQ'ing done is on the midbass. For right now I am still running an active Viper 650.2 component set and a single Sundown 18" Z.3

RTA62612fullsystem.jpg

After EQ'ing the midbass sound much better. The output is very good and I can not hear any cone break-up or power issues. It even shakes my pant leg a little :)I feel that I can do a little bit better though. I am in search of an 8" that has an o.d. of 8.75", mounting depth of less than 3", 4 ohm, EBP under 50 and low QTS. I am eying up the Morel MW265-4 but I do not have definite specs on it.

I enede up switching out my RS225's for Jl Audio ZR-800's. The midbass is very similair to the RS225's. I need to mofidy my enclosures to run these drivers IB.

Went to my first MECA comp today just for shits and gigles. I pulled a 142.87 @35hz. My enclosure is no where near built for SPL so this score isnt too bad. Not as high as I thought it would be though.

I am really anxious to get the dual 15" Z.3 in and the VFL-450.1 smile.png

Edited by edouble101

:)

I only did a 40.x today :(