edouble101

2- IB315 in the trunk

I was able to get 95% of the rattles taken care of :)

The false floors are complete. I might redo them in the future for a better fit.

EricClark-4045.jpg

Nice! No fat people in the car. How's the saggy booty?

Nice! No fat people in the car. How's the saggy booty?

LOL> The back end hasn't really dropped too much. The lighter weight birch plywood has saved me a lot of added weight versus the MDF.

Very nice, looking forward to the front stage build. Love your attention to detail. What kind of lugs did you use on that 4/0 and how did you connect them? Crimp, solder, both?

Very nice, looking forward to the front stage build. Love your attention to detail. What kind of lugs did you use on that 4/0 and how did you connect them? Crimp, solder, both?

Sorry it took me so long to reply. When I originally ordered the 4/0 cable I also ordered 4/0 ring terminals. They sent me 3/0 ring terminals. Just so happens the 3/0 fits the 4/0 cable perfectly. I did speak to a service rep from the company and they said that before they shipped my order they compared the 4/0 lugs with the 3/0 lugs and the 3/0 lugs fit better, Excellent c/s in my opinion!

I do solder and crimp but really crimp is all that is needed.

I haven't ran any of the 4/0 yet. I will let you know how it goes when I do.

Onto another note. I am really impressed with this P99RS and KS900.6 combo. I am still running the Viper 650.2 component set from my previous install. I was also running passive with my previous setup. The sound stage is much better and the imaging is very much improved. I am sure this has a lot to do with the xover settings that I am using versus the passive setup fixed settings. I can not wait to get started on my front stage rebuild!

Hope they only charged you for the 3/0! Good deal on that, though. All I do is crimp, always curious what others do. Keep it up!

:)

I decided to make a cover for the rear seat. It looks like shit. Gonna have to redo this after a bit.

EricClark-4184.jpg

EricClark-4199.jpg

EricClark-4182.jpg

EricClark-4185.jpg

EricClark-4192.jpg

Nothing to do with my build but here is my small collection :)

EricClark-4200.jpg

EricClark-4201.jpg

EricClark-4202.jpg

EricClark-4203.jpg

EricClark-4204.jpg

EricClark-4205.jpg

Something for the front stage :)

EricClark-4206.jpg

aperiodic membranes?

aperiodic membranes?

Yep. Using them for the RS-225's floor/kick panel area. I am very anxious to see how that turns out.

aperiodic membranes?

Yep. Using them for the RS-225's floor/kick panel area. I am very anxious to see how that turns out.

Me too--to the latter. :)

nice!!!

Started my midbass install. I still need to get a hole saw bit for the ap mats and a very important adhesive like product to aid in sealing the baffles.

First off was to get rid of the factory dead pedal on the driver's side.

EricClark-4209.jpg

EricClark-4210.jpg

Template

EricClark-4211.jpg

Deer, of course

EricClark-4213.jpg

The 8" drivers will not be mounted directly to the baffle. I mounted them to it just for mock-up purposes. This kinda how they will sit.

EricClark-4214.jpg

EricClark-4216.jpg

EricClark-4218.jpg

I will not be competing, at least not for spl, but I might pop in just for shits and giggles.

EricClark-4221.jpg

I will be re-carpeting the entire cabin floor. The midbass baffles will be one seamless transition. They say this stuff is acoustical transparent, I will find out!

EricClark-4222.jpg

Oh yeah, Don from Sound Deadener Showdown has an order to ship for me :)

:)

I'm curious to know how did the conversation go between you and Don.

Did you say, "hello don, I need X amount of a,b and c." or, "hello don, this is my goal, what should i install"

smile.png

I'm curious to know how did the conversation go between you and Don.

Did you say, "hello don, I need X amount of a,b and c." or, "hello don, this is my goal, what should i install"

This is the exact email I sent him :

To: don@sounddeadenershowdown.com

Subject: Price quote please for purchase

Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 18:40:53 -0400

Hello Don,

I have a 2008 Hyundai Elantra. I would like to purchase MLV and close cell foam. I already have dampening tiles throughout my vehicle. I would like enough MLV and CCF to cover the cabin floor and all four doors. I am thinking of using 1/4" CCF on the cabin floor and 1/8" CCF on the doors. I would also like some 1/8" CCF to use on my headliner to get rid of some unwanted rattles.

Any help you can give me in choosing the correct product and quantity for my application will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Eric

Edited by edouble101

looking great eric...

I needed to change my oil and rotate my tires today, Since the tires were off the car I figured it would be a good time to start the AP mat install. It went smoothly with no issues. I only did the driver's side today. Hopefully I will find time to install the AP mat on the passenger side this week.

Hole cut for the round AP mat.

EDC_5861.jpg

AP mat installed.

EDC_5863.jpg

I used hobby plastic for a protective weather proof cover. There is about a 1.5" space between the plastic cover and the mat. The cover is open on the bottom side for the mat to breathe.

EDC_5865.jpg

EDC_5866.jpg

I demoed my car the other day to a guy that periodically competes in SPL comps. He normally hits 133-135.xx db. After listening to my car I asked to listen to his. He said "no way man, my car isn't anything compared to yours" lol. We both think that mine is in the mid to upper 140 range. Not bad for a not SPL build.

That's nuts. :)

Have you noticed any increase in road noise from it? If not, I bet it's pretty sweet.

That's nuts. smile.png

Have you noticed any increase in road noise from it? If not, I bet it's pretty sweet.

With only having the AP mat installed and no enclosure there is definitely an increase in road noise. The AP mat will be sealed in an enclosure for the 8" midbass.