Just sold my kicker 10's and 3k amp, and am looking to go to 6 bigger tens. I will be running either the Q's or BL's from fi, or still possibly some sundown tens.

I will be running at 2/3 ohm nominal, and have narrowed my amp choices down to either the Sundown NS1, or the Stetsom 7ke.

I used to be a part of Team Sundown so I know what the amps are capable of, and I know I will get every bit of 7k out of it, but what about the stetsom? how does it stack up? I already read a thread in their section about the single power/ground, so not too concerned about that. This will be a musical setup for bassrace and bass boxing, so not just talking burps here.

I already have the electrical, kinetik hc1800, hc2000, and hc3800, and a DC power alty under the hood, may possibly look into a second alty after setup is installed and if I incur voltage issues.

Thanks for any input in advance.

Matt

I have a friend selling his two NS-1 BNIB to other team members for team price.

Tuffguy40 on Youtube, send him a message. BNIB

I'd rock the NS1

Any reasoning?

Tuffguy40 on Youtube, send him a message. BNIB

Thanks, I just might have to hit him up. But first I need to be sure that's what I want.

he is moving back to east coast to be with his family. Has to sell the system. Amps are all thats left.

NS-1 all the way. Its a monster and from what testing ive seen 7k is modest to say the least.

he is moving back to east coast to be with his family. Has to sell the system. Amps are all thats left.

I hope that everything is okay.

I hope that everything is okay.

X2

I think I could help him get rid of one of the amps, anyone know of a better way to contact him than a youtube message?

Sundown NS-1 ftw.

Nothing against Stetsom just have seen and heard to many issues with Stetsom when it comes to voltage.

Double post noob.gif .

Edited by 98GMC

Ok, definitely getting the feeling most ppl are liking the NS-1, but anyone have a more detailed answer or comparison of the two?

any other ideas even on better power for 6 10" Fi Q's?

Ok, definitely getting the feeling most ppl are liking the NS-1, but anyone have a more detailed answer or comparison of the two?

Sundown is just a very proven performer. Not many people have a lot of experience with the ns1 as it just came out. If it follows the quality of the other sundown amps it will rank above the stetsom in my opinion. I just noticed that you have an I30 listed as your vehicle. Is this setup for the Infiniti?

hmmmm, I wonder which amp I would choose hehe. 3 1/0 inputs for a 7k amp is a bit overkill in some people's eyes. Its rather expensive as well. You could come across a stetsom 7k used for about 750$ nowadays. There are very touchy when it comes to voltage as well. But if you have the electrical, then that wouldn't matter of course. That being said, if you chose the 7k, don't run @ .25 on 8 volts or something stupid like that trying to push for a higher db. There is about a 36.7 to 1 ratio of sundown owners to stetsom here on this forum, as they are a vendor here and are proven amplifiers. You can't go wrong either way. If footprint is a factor, I would chose the 7k.

I have the stetsom 5k2e 2 ohm version i could sell for a good price comes with warranty. ;) I love my Brazil amps. They just want to be handle properly. And they work great. A lot of people have problems with them but as do people that use sundown. It's all about how you control your voltage stability. Imo stetsom ftw

Are you stuck on just these two amps?

The price of the Stetsom makes it my choice in this one, but I don't know how much team pricing is.

Sundown is just a very proven performer. Not many people have a lot of experience with the ns1 as it just came out. If it follows the quality of the other sundown amps it will rank above the stetsom in my opinion. I just noticed that you have an I30 listed as your vehicle. Is this setup for the Infiniti?

Yes, it is for the infiniti, just finished up the truck for the most part, besides deciding on fiberglassing kickpanels or just the pillars... here is a pic to give everyone an idea of what space I'm working with.

Not going to quote each person, but what do you mean by the 7ke is touchy on voltage? running a DC power alty under hood with a hc1400, then a hc2000 and hc3800 in back for the amp, is that not enough? I may add a second alty if necessary, but stetsom says down to 9 volts is no problem, and I don't plan on dropping below 12, if I do i will beef up my electrical.

I know that most people on here are sundown worshipers, but stetsom is also on this forum. footprint does matter, and yeah i can probably find a stetsom 7ke for close to half the price of an NS1 right now, so yeah that makes a difference but in the end money aside I want the best performer.

Has anyone seen any stetsom power testing? even on the 5ke to give me an idea?

Yes, it is for the infiniti, just finished up the truck for the most part, besides deciding on fiberglassing kickpanels or just the pillars... here is a pic to give everyone an idea of what space I'm working with.

Not going to quote each person, but what do you mean by the 7ke is touchy on voltage? running a DC power alty under hood with a hc1400, then a hc2000 and hc3800 in back for the amp, is that not enough? I may add a second alty if necessary, but stetsom says down to 9 volts is no problem, and I don't plan on dropping below 12, if I do i will beef up my electrical.

I know that most people on here are sundown worshipers, but stetsom is also on this forum. footprint does matter, and yeah i can probably find a stetsom 7ke for close to half the price of an NS1 right now, so yeah that makes a difference but in the end money aside I want the best performer.

Has anyone seen any stetsom power testing? even on the 5ke to give me an idea?

Just think- your electrical system may be good but the lack of inputs on the outside and potential lower conductivity on the inside based on how they do things externally.. stetsom amps will have greater potential to have a loss of voltage vs any other amp.

So the user must double up on everything to be "safe."

Oh yeah, here's the pic...

2012-02-10_12-29-36_977.jpg

can admin delete my double post? sorry about that...

Just think- your electrical system may be good but the lack of inputs on the outside and potential lower conductivity on the inside based on how they do things externally.. stetsom amps will have greater potential to have a loss of voltage vs any other amp.

So the user must double up on everything to be "safe."

I get what you're saying, so voltage loss may occur on the inside of the amp? after I deliver sufficient power. that makes sense, I have to question their build quality then.

Tuffguy40 on Youtube, send him a message.  BNIB

Amps are sold!!!!!!!!!! TO ME!!! :D

could anyone compare some power tests, or guesstimate power output at 12v comparing the ns1, stetsom 7ke, and DC 7.5k?

still kinda lost, never owned an amp in this high of power range, don't want to buy something and regret it as I may have to alter the space to get w/e to fit...

I would personally choose the Sundown or DC out of those 3, have you looked into Digital Designs M4a?

I have not, how does it size up? Priceways and power output?