jonbearsmt

1 sub is blowing within seconds,

ok this started a month ago,

my right hand sub blew, i chocked it up to a year of abuse and so forth,

so i reconed it, dropped it in, and blew it in seconds,.... i thought maybe i miss shimmed it.

well i barrowed a pair of BTLS from a good friend, and same mother fucking thing, every time on the right hand side sub.

i checked all my speaker wires, and termials i check how i had it seriesed,

i did find what seemed to be an issue of 1 RCA seemed to cut off when i jiggled it, but even if its shorting out, its feeding a mono block amp.... so it would short BOTH subs.. not just the right hand.

im really at my end and im not sure what else it could be....

i cant continue to keep blowing expensive subs trying to find my issue.

and its killing me installing and pulling everything back out.

out side of the box,

2012-06-10_13-39-56_774.jpg

inside

2012-07-28_11-43-56_926.jpg

2012-07-28_11-43-52_457.jpg

2012-07-28_11-43-32_955.jpg

2012-07-28_11-43-25_703.jpg

nothing touching... WTF?

I would think it would either be a wiring issue or maybe the right hand sub is very nrear the port and it is unloading???

If the leads are fried I would htink it is a wiring issues. If the spiders or triple joint failed I would think it could possibly be an uloading issue.

I very well could be full of shit

Perhaps it's a loading issue? Could you have developed a leak in the enclosure on that side? I can't see a thermal issue being the problem being that the subs are connected to a mono block amp. It almost has to be a mechanical over an electrical problem. Or so it seems to me.

I'd suspect something upstream.

How exactly are they damaged? Is the coil frying?

What are some of the symptons prior to blowing? Like, can you describe when and what happens during the period of playing till its blown.

Sounds like direct dc current from the amplifier

May not be related to the problem but I really dont like how those insulators touching those washers.

I would also change that rca.

Edited by StreetLegal

seems to have been a 10 dollar pair of RCaS,. that made me blow a BTL N2, and nightshade V2 and a nightshade V2/ZV3

thats dicked up.

omg damn Jon. I use RCA's from "Directed". About 15$ for a 17 footer. Really good quality. There are the same ones that local stores sell here, but obivously you want to buy them online. I'm not finna pay 45$ for a 17ft RCA. :finger:

seems to have been a 10 dollar pair of RCaS,. that made me blow a BTL N2, and nightshade V2 and a nightshade V2/ZV3

thats dicked up.

Damn that sucks man, at least you figured out the problem.

thats dicked up.

Damn bro.. that's costly...

next year, we begin R&D to protect RCA signal.. That will the last of our protection project. Sucks to have to go through all of this.

how you figure it out?

how you figure it out?

i mean ... im not a rookie to car audio.. i have been in the game for 15 years or more... im one of the oldest memebers on here...

so not only from experiance but i was balls deep into trouble shooting... and nothing else made sence.

i had one RCA wire that was cutting out when i jiggled it.... even tho 1 RCA wire going into a mono block amp SHOULD not make 1 sub burn and not the other,..... thats what was happing.....

when i cuild my car, i layed 3 runs of RCA when i only needed 2,

so today me and dani pulled the head unit and switched out the sub channel,. steve showed up... took a look... did not see any issues with anything else.... and his opinon was that it was quincadance .. or how ever you spell it....

i cant see that... 3 subs? nah.

RCA is the only thing i changed.. and its back in action.

coincidence

If the signal got fuxxored from the rcas (possible shorting? I don't know), then amplified, I could see how it could destroy a driver, but if all the drivers are on the same channel same signal, and only one is getting trashed--that is weird.

Since it wasn't mentioned, how were the drivers acting when "blowing?" Excessive movement? Little movement? Were the coils ripped, or fried?

normal. but one was super heating FAST ... with in 30 seconds.... like somthing i have never seen before

I had that happen before. Turned out something was wrong with my speaker wiring. like it was wired wrong.

I had that happen before. Turned out something was wrong with my speaker wiring. like it was wired wrong.

That was what I thought at first but not 3+ times.

well maybe i dont know what im doing,. but i can call out 1 sub in a pair being in reverse poliratty in a second...

im drunk.

well maybe i dont know what im doing,. but i can call out 1 sub in a pair being in reverse poliratty in a second...

im drunk.

Same here!

Jon is this happening with your new NS1?

please dont take offense I understand completly when you've pulled damn near everything out a hundred times trying to find the gremlin. I am just wondering also if this is with the NS1. Might of been something to do withing the amp things like that happen, regardless if you have it straighhtened out thats a big weight off your shoulders and I'm glad you figured it out that was a expensive hiccup.

it started with the 4500D, countinued with the NS1