Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I gathered that. The design isn't terrible, in fact it is an extremely common design right now. Most manufacturers are going this route. The only difference between the surge tank system and a common overflow design is that the surge system is designed to allow for small air pockets to remain in the system without causing overheating issues while the common overflow can be encumbered if the air pocket reaches the radiator cap. The corrosion in the system isn't due to a poor design or any manufacturing flaw, it is simply shitty maintenance. You MUST flush your cooling system as recommended by Jeep every 36,000 miles. There is something about how Chrysler seasons the 4.0 block from the mid 90s onward that makes it prone to corrosion if not properly maintained. Ford 3.0 OHV engines are even worse.

I would suggest that you flush the system thoroughly several times with just water until it comes out completely clear, replace your radiator AND THERMOSTAT, and use 2 bottles of Napa's #13. Flush it before installing the new radiator. You may also want to consider adding a silver anode to aid in corrosion prevention.

And yes, I fix cars for a living.

My radiator doesn't even have a cap. All coolant must be filled through the overflow... I'm not doubting you know about cars. I certainly don't have extensive knowledge, just going by what my friend that owns his own mechanic shop recommended. He's a family friend and definitely knows what he's doing, but he hates my jeep lol.

I have flushed it with water for nearly an hour before until it eventually came out clear. The thermostat still ended up getting to hot and eventually busting after installing a new one, replacing the gasket and sealing it up.

I definitely could throw a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator lol. I did it last year. You can't even see it either because I can put my grill right back over it.

If it wasn't a 2WD XJ, I might consider redoing the cooling system (among other things), but I just don't feel it's worth it. The damn jeep is historical this year.

EDIT:

This is pretty much exactly what my engine bay looks like, though a lot cleaner. Overflow is in top left obviously. Only way to drain the radiator is through the petcock which is located in a very stupid place that's incredibly hard to reach.. otherwise there is no other access to the radiator.

5080d1272940789-1989-cherokee-engine-pho

Edited by hatrix

Crummy Sunday.

Are you digging out too?

Man fuck I think I have the stomach flu. I feel like I'm dying lol. The toilet has become my best friend these last two days

I had the trots all day yesterday. I feel you.

2 days missed work because of it.

Seriously we ain't got shit again.

I am just hoping I can get parts overnighted. Being that our high is going to be -25F on Monday a bunch of business's are closed. And yes, I will work in the garage at 5F inside with a smile on my fucking face. Above 0 isn't even cold without wind.

I agree. When it was snowing before I got the blower I would shovel in sleeveless shirt. I was so hot I couldn't stay clothed. Boots, board shorts and a beater. Sometimes sweatpants.

Man fuck I think I have the stomach flu. I feel like I'm dying lol. The toilet has become my best friend these last two days

I just got over the worst of it, had my first solid food in 24 hours. Still feel like shit but atleast I'm not puking or having to hit the toilet every 10 mins

Sheesh I sure am glad I don't have the flu or anything going around me. I feel sorry for you guys.

Then again I live with year round allergies so I might as well have a constant cold.

My whole body is fucked. My immune systems sucks donkey dick. My back hurts, my knees are swollen and shitty... It all just sucks.

Are the vape pens only for oils? I would assume the market would be there for leafy particulate as well. Curious what something like that would cost as cutting edge shit in a niche field always makes killer gifts IMO.

No, there are dry material vaporizer pens. But I can't smoke weed. It just makes me paranoid. I honestly can't explain why the dabs don't affect me the same, but they don't.

I just figured there would be and I love giving insightful gifts. If you see something in your pursuits I am interested.

Depends what you want to spend, really. ThermoEccence makes a fantastic Cera loose leaf vape, but it comes in at ~$250.

http://store.thermovape.com/cera-loose-leaf-p23.aspx

It is ceramic and offers no real introduction of flavor.

The Atmos Raw is a smaller more affordable dry material pen

http://www.smokazon.com/atmos-raw-rx-vaporizer-50-off

I would look at FuckCombustion for more options.

I have to go out and tear the carb apart on my snow blower.   I have no garage, just an overful shed with no lighting.  And it just keeps snowing, so I truly don't see the point in snowblowing anyway.  I move this new 6" we got over night and I have to do it again a few hours later.

Put cardboard down and do it in the house.

You can thank Sean for all this snow, he figures since he can't ride he does not want the snow!

If I could do it without having a lingering odor of gasoline in the house, I would.   Worst case scenario, I can drive up to work and grab my single stage blower.

My buddy Gaven got an XR 80 for christmas and I talked him into keeping it in the house when it is cold out. I might have helped him get it in his bedroom without his mom knowing. Friday he got busted because he was caught kick starting it so he could hear it run. His mom is not happy with me. smile.png

Lol... Awesomesauce

Hey Seth, I am ready to pull the trigger on the eVic head and components but want to make sure I get the right stuff.

This head

http://www.litecigusa.net/Joyetech_eVic_Control_Head_Assembly_p/evic-controlhead.htm

This body

http://www.litecigusa.net/Joyetech_eVic_Matte_Black_Body_p/evic-case-black.htm

As you said you are active on a few vape forums, whats the best battery from that site^^^? I will grab the pink stock one if the others aren't worth the extra couple bucks. I am sure I will grab a short battery body sooner than later but the site you had linked for that shows the black out of stock. 

The Seego vhit

https://candyvape.com/SEEGO-VHIT-C-VAPORIZER

Thanks in advance. smile.png

I have 3 batteries, the stock Samsung, an AW, and the Panny 3400mAh.

http://www.litecigusa.net/Panasonic_NCR18650B_3400mah_Battery_p/panasonic-18650-3400.htm

The Panny will last ~30% longer than the Samsung. Tha AW is an IMR battery. It has the shortest life, and IMO isn't worth it.

That is the correct control head and the correct tube. The unit is charged with and connects to your PC with a micro USB. They have them for around $3, so I grabbed a few. You just can't beat that price for a well built micro-USB. Be sure to go to Joyetech's website and download the most current version or MVR and the v1.4 firmware before you use it. There is a significant upgrade between v1 and v1.4.

I bought my short tube at http://www.vaporcigzz.com/18350-Joyetech-Battery-Tube-p/jytn-18350.htm. It does not come with the upper thread cover, so I suggest you buy both or else you will be stuck with the silver thread cover.

Oh, and FWIW I bought a trustfire charger, TR001. I keep a spare battery charged because I will kill the 18350 in a day, so it is handy. FWIW it charges slow as molasses, but for ~$12 I can't complain. You need to be sure that the charger you opt to buy (if you opt to buy one) will charge the 18650 and 18350. I have found that several of the chargers do not collapse to the tiny 18350 battery.

http://www.aquavaporcig.com/Trustfire-TR-001-Multifunctional-Battery-Charger-with-Cable_p_400.html

Send me your Email and Ill email you the DABS file to upload.

This vap club is reaching a professional level.

This vap club is reaching a professional level.

Yeah I want to try it

I am a little sissy.

That flu shit hit me on xmas day. I missed 2 days work also.

Had flu, still worked a 72 hour (manual labor) week. Pussies.

had to pop ibuprofens every four hours and guzzle down at least 3 gallons of water a day, though.

cash rules everything around me

C.R.E.A.M.

get the money

dolla dolla bill y'all

And yes, before anyone jumps in with industrial safety, fitness for duty, blah blah blah; I was plenty cognizant and aware of my surroundings while performing my work duties.

Edited by Penguin4x4

I came into work both days I was sick, just did not tattoo. It only took 3 Advil, 2 Vicodin, 2 Percocet and a Sudafed. :P

Well, pretty much our entire city is shut down.  Almost all businesses are closed and they've declared a state of emergency and nobody is to be on the roads.  WTF?  It's only snow and the only reason there are accidents is due to people's own stupidity.  Now we will have to work Saturday.  WTF?  This is NORMAL snow.  Not a big deal.