Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

She says " this damn thing is going back!"

We will see I guess.

Got the wife a new computer saturday and she hates it. She is ready to take it back already. She says windows 8 sucks and pounds my table!

I dislike 8 personally. I would really like to get my daily lappy back to Win7.

Screwed that quote up. ;)

Got the wife a new computer saturday and she hates it. She is ready to take it back already. She says windows 8 sucks and pounds my table!

I dislike 8 personally.  I would really like to get my daily lappy back to Win7.

Get start 8, it makes windows 8 an enjoyable experience. My boot up time with an SSD and a few starting apps is about ~5 seconds to desktop. Very quick, resource friendly, and can net you 3-5 FPS in some games VS windows 7.

doesn't windows 8.1 put the desktop back in? i was using something called windows 8 classic shell before which does the same thing. though the search function didn't' work like win 7. 

Char-siu style pork tenderloin on the Egg. Fucking good.

Sheeet. Bought a house.

I know we discussed riding terrains before. I realize the machine is built for your purposes.

Whats your opinion on the taller stance on the sleds built in the more recent years? I know with my size I prefer a lower center of gravity to maneuver, but understand why lighter guys like the taller design.

It isn't about tall, but rider forward. Notice my IQr, there isn't a more rider forward sled on the market. It is WAY further than any consumer sled. Really allows you to get weight on the skis when you need to and on the track when you don't. I LOVE sleds that require an active rider.

Rolling mine onto its side boondocking is way easier than in the ass draggers as well.

I will never, never, ever, never own another low sled. Absolute horseshit for everything except super tight twisties if you want to relax and let the sled do the work.

As far as deep powder riding the last place you want your weight is over the ski's. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DH-cLFcokgQ

You need a ride a modern sled, you will change your mind. I assume you've heard the term wrong foot forward? The whole goal when side hilling is to get forward...
I have rode quite a few different sleds, old and new. The last sled I rode was an M7. I have rode RMK's also which I assume is as close as I have been to your sled.

cbb_11914_28544fb64ccd40a6903fd8195926bc

I should of found a better vid for you. This one is more the terrain I ride. Might put things in perspective for you.  

I am sure you have rode quite a few sleds also, that's why I asked your thoughts on the higher stance. smile.png

RMK could be if it was a 2011 or newer. M7 is an antique suspension wise.

VERY familiar with your technique and since you linked schooled you should understand the 'wrong foot forward comment' which BEGS for a rider forward chassis. So much so I consider the other ones ass draggers and un-fun all the way around. ALL the sleds are going that route...well except the Yammies, but they made up for it by buying a chassis from Arctic Cat.

Sheeet. Bought a house.

Congrats!?

We are under a weather advisory and the city is closed down due to . . . . . . .

Cold Weather.

No joke.

I dislike 8 personally.  I would really like to get my daily lappy back to Win7.

Get start 8, it makes windows 8 an enjoyable experience. My boot up time with an SSD and a few starting apps is about ~5 seconds to desktop. Very quick, resource friendly, and can net you 3-5 FPS in some games VS windows 7.
My cheapo laptop boots in 2-3sec

We've endured 3 weeks of incessant snow, school was cancelled 3 days for that, but tomorrow, due to cold weather, there's a lockdown.  Any non-emergency vehicles on the road from 7PM tonight to 6PM tomorrow will be subject to a $2500 fine and/or impound and jail.

Sheeet. Bought a house.

Congrats!?
X2!

We've endured 3 weeks of incessant snow, school was cancelled 3 days for that, but tomorrow, due to cold weather, there's a lockdown.  Any non-emergency vehicles on the road from 7PM tonight to 6PM tomorrow will be subject to a $2500 fine and/or impound and jail.

That is insane.

J

Really?  What a bunch of pansies.  

I know we discussed riding terrains before. I realize the machine is built for your purposes.

Whats your opinion on the taller stance on the sleds built in the more recent years? I know with my size I prefer a lower center of gravity to maneuver, but understand why lighter guys like the taller design.

It isn't about tall, but rider forward. Notice my IQr, there isn't a more rider forward sled on the market. It is WAY further than any consumer sled. Really allows you to get weight on the skis when you need to and on the track when you don't. I LOVE sleds that require an active rider.

Rolling mine onto its side boondocking is way easier than in the ass draggers as well.

I will never, never, ever, never own another low sled. Absolute horseshit for everything except super tight twisties if you want to relax and let the sled do the work.

As far as deep powder riding the last place you want your weight is over the ski's. 

You need a ride a modern sled, you will change your mind. I assume you've heard the term wrong foot forward? The whole goal when side hilling is to get forward...

I have rode quite a few different sleds, old and new. The last sled I rode was an M7. I have rode RMK's also which I assume is as close as I have been to your sled.

I should of found a better vid for you. This one is more the terrain I ride. Might put things in perspective for you.  

I am sure you have rode quite a few sleds also, that's why I asked your thoughts on the higher stance. smile.png

VERY familiar with your technique and since you linked schooled you should understand the 'wrong foot forward comment' which BEGS for a rider forward chassis. So much so I consider the other ones ass draggers and un-fun all the way around. ALL the sleds are going that route...well except the Yammies, but they made up for it by buying a chassis from Arctic Cat.

I answered my own question. Any time two smart guys disagree I generally look for the missing variable. In this case I believe it to be the fulcrum point is different with the long track vs the shortie. As you see no one in that vid is hugging the tank, in fact the are standing on one side of the sled or knee on the seat. different center of gravity on that plane. :) 

Did you get my PM?

I answered my own question. Any time two smart guys disagree I generally look for the missing variable. In this case I believe it to be the fulcrum point is different with the long track vs the shortie. As you see no one in that vid is hugging the tank, in fact the are standing on one side of the sled or knee on the seat. different center of gravity on that plane. smile.png

Did you get my PM?

I am not talking about short tracks. Watch the video again. Notice that on the right running board they put their LEFT foot forward? This is exclusively to move the weight forward. There is always a balance between angle of attack and how much you trench. In deep snow it is more important to get forward than on short tracks. If you lean back on a short track the only difficulty is that you get inside ski lift in a corner, on a long track you get stuck. There is a reason that Polaris is dominating Mountain sales right now as the Pro Ride RMK is way more rider forward than the alternatives...the IQr even more so. For me being tall, I can move forward or back rather easily and love the potential to plant on the skis.

Watch some more of the schooled videos. They have a series on how to ride in powder. That is where the coined term "wrong foot forward" comes from. When you do you will see the advantage of rider forward. Of course, what started this is the question about a high CG. Without a higher CG you aren't getting forward. Obviously a higher CG hurts turning potential when traction isn't a concern, but the benefits FAR outweigh the negatives. I used potential for a reason. I can still turn as fast, it just takes a lot more body English and effort to do so. That effort I consider fun though smile.png

Do you guys know any android app that I can sweep through an audio signal while playing a song.

Ie: play song and isolate 4500-5000 Hz. Use touch control to slide up to 10000-10500 Hz

I use FuncGen but have never tried to do anything while playing music.

just tried it on my phone. works

Ie: play song and isolate 4500-5000 Hz. Use touch control to slide up to 10000-10500 Hz

wish the sweep worked like this on funcgen