Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Your tool collection is awesome and one hell of an investment!

Thank you kind sir. You are now in my will...

Dude, with all the shit going on around you, don't be talking about death.

LOL... I'm ready, dude... seriously. While I fought my ass off to stay here when I had cancer, and I realize how precious life and time is, I have made my peace and I am ready... But God has a sense of humor, and only the good die young, so I think I'm OK.

My gram always said that too, but also told me I was meaner than cat shit! Guess I am with Seth. :)

WOW it is hard to believe this year is coming to an end.

Billy Joel lost Christey Brinkley, so his opinion matters naught.

Most importantly RWD and a modular 8

I was going to mention that it was ugly and that the Taurus is nicer looking, but you reminded me that it's what's on the inside that counts.

IMG_20141122_195156713_zpszh4fbela.jpg

Yessir! 2nd place last year but we dominated this year!

Congrats MK

Thanks, it's becoming a running joke around work. One of our co-workers was there and snapped pictures and has sent it to all of the engineering department at work. I've now had people stop by with the picture printed out, asking for my autograph, lol

I didn't know lifts were that cheep!

If my garage were wider there would be one in it.  Already have 12' ceilings. 

There was a guy I know that actually had his on some sort of rollers. I think he would put it on rollers, move it outside, set it down, then put a car up on it and lift. 

It was awesome, he could roll it out and start washing the underside of his car in no time.

I really want one in the future, would be so nice for practically everything.

You can never have too many tools!

I don't know... the iHop may have too many tools eek5wavey.gif

Not even close, I'm starting to amass my own tool collection slowly but surely. Grab a pair of Kleins here, some channel locks here, etc... I have a 300 piece Pittsburg set that I hope lasts me until I can find a deal on a better set of sockets and such.

One day a fantastic tool deal will run across Craigslist...

And speaking of things I need, my Etymotic er-7 or something like that finally bit the dust after one too many rounds in the washing machine (it actually made it through 3). Now I'm in the market for some headphones again.

I'm highly considering just going back to Etymotic and getting one with the built in microphone. I'd like to go Bluetooth, but the cost/ audio quality trade-off has me skittish. I'm pretty sure I want to stick to in-ear because I really like the ear plug isolation and the small form factor. I'm just not cool enough to wear Beats by Dre while I work out.

Any suggestions? I'm considering the Etymotic mc3 or hf2, Jaybird Bluebud X, etc...

I'd loooooooooove to get some custom molds. I'm going to ask work if I can get a special price on them for "safety" reasons.

Most importantly RWD and a modular 8

I was going to mention that it was ugly and that the Taurus is nicer looking, but you reminded me that it's what's on the inside that counts.

Indeed.

This isn't great, but a Lincoln version of it surely could be

112_0804_02z%2B2008_ford_falcon_g6e_turb

And then adding the v8, ah yeah!

besides the steering wheel it looks nice, reminds me of 2000s BMW

Billy Joel lost Christey Brinkley, so his opinion matters naught.

Didn't he hook up with another model right after?

Not that it really matters. Your argument wins.

And speaking of things I need, my Etymotic er-7 or something like that finally bit the dust after one too many rounds in the washing machine (it actually made it through 3). Now I'm in the market for some headphones again.

I'm highly considering just going back to Etymotic and getting one with the built in microphone. I'd like to go Bluetooth, but the cost/ audio quality trade-off has me skittish. I'm pretty sure I want to stick to in-ear because I really like the ear plug isolation and the small form factor. I'm just not cool enough to wear Beats by Dre while I work out.

Any suggestions? I'm considering the Etymotic mc3 or hf2, Jaybird Bluebud X, etc...

I'd loooooooooove to get some custom molds. I'm going to ask work if I can get a special price on them for "safety" reasons.

I love my Demon in ear buds. I think for $200 it was hard to beat, I also got some memory foam tips which feel really comfortable.

I'm highly considering just going back to Etymotic and getting one with the built in microphone. I'd like to go Bluetooth, but the cost/ audio quality trade-off has me skittish. I'm pretty sure I want to stick to in-ear because I really like the ear plug isolation and the small form factor. I'm just not cool enough to wear Beats by Dre while I work out.

What's your budget?

If I were you I would spend $1000 on custom in ears that are rebuildable. Or I would spend $60 on some etomycs again.

I spent $300-$400 on a few pair of stage/studio in ears. They lasted 6 years. Replaced the cable 2 times. Mine are really old now. If I can get new baffles I might try that first, if not it's whole hog with some custom molded units.

I no longer see shades of grey. I get the best possible solution I can afford or something that will get the job done and I force myself to ignore the compromises.

What's your budget?

If I were you I would spend $1000 on custom in ears that are rebuildable. Or I would spend $60 on some etomycs again.

I spent $300-$400 on a few pair of stage/studio in ears. They lasted 6 years. Replaced the cable 2 times. Mine are really old now. If I can get new baffles I might try that first, if not it's whole hog with some custom molded units.

I no longer see shades of grey. I get the best possible solution I can afford or something that will get the job done and I force myself to ignore the compromises.

Budget is $60 -$130.

For the custom molds, I would only do it if I got some crazy good deal through work. Otherwise, the small foam inserts I have currently work just fine.   

If I could magically afford to fly Adrian, Neal, Dylan, Ryan1, NickM etc. and my car up to Seth for a bonkers have at it..... I would.

What's your budget?

Budget is $60 -$130.

For the custom molds, I would only do it if I got some crazy good deal through work. Otherwise, the small foam inserts I have currently work just fine.

Nothing better than the etomics at $130 for sure.

112_0804_02z2008_ford_falcon_g6e_turboin

While that partly looks better, my eyes are all googly from reading everything backwards

And while yes it looks like a car, I think it has the potential to be better than the 2000ish bm'ers

M5 - 2000-BMW-M5-interior.jpg

The whole screen under the vents is a problem...

Hell, give it suicide doors and call it the SVT Continental.  I'd want it.

What do you guys use for leather cleaning and conditioning?

For my car and then also for a leather bag.

I have that Saddleback bag and want to polish a couple scuffs. Want to keep the finish from wrinkling and cracking as much as possible this winter.

If I could magically afford to fly Adrian, Neal, Dylan, Ryan1, NickM etc. and my car up to Seth for a bonkers have at it..... I would.

There would likely be too much alcohol involved for any real work to get done.