Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Tmobile better be better. If not, I'm going back.

Tmo or AT&T almost has to be better (or just doesn't have service) the rest of the world has been on GSM for a long time. I remember when I was on Verizon back in the day, I was always jealous of my friends on AT&T because they were able to get all kinds of phones (some not released in the US) because of GSM.

That is why I have a Nexus as my "worldphone" wink.png Normally I get local SIM cards. You cannot in China or Japan unless a local gets one for you.

China may have actually changed, but considering I normally only spend a day or so in there since the country sucks donkey I don't look everytime.

My two concealed carry guns are Glock 30sf and Springfield xd mod 2 45 as soon as I can get it in. If you are patient aliengear makes nice inside the pants holsters sized to your gun.

Open carry is a Springfield or colt 1911 depending on mood.

I have nothing against any caliber, but prefer 45.

Any of you guys have experience with carrying HK's? 

Got my CPL a few months ago and I want to replace my G17 with a suitable carry gun. I was looking at P2000 and USPC. 

I should say I've never concealed carry, only open. 

And I don't imagine i'll be doing it that often to be honest, which is partly why I'm considering the 3.5" range instead of 3.25".

You guys would be proud of me as I have refrained from buying anything until we get our FFL taken care of.

Then look out!

Preference and comfort are my driving factors for pistols.

Preference and comfort are my driving factors for pistols. 

Yeah that's what I'm finding all over the interwebs. There are so many damn holsters out there too...

This is just really far down my priority list. But when I move back to the city in May It'll probably move itself up. 

I conceal and carry a grade a tube steak. Works wonderfully on women.

I don't know where you are, but if open carry is legal, your options are limitless. There's no legislation against it in Indiana, and I have a nice Serpa holster I open carry with when in business attire. If you want a great IWB holster, I suggest Aliengear.

I live in Ca, not set on a 9mm but was thinking about purchasing a 9 over a 40 because the ammo is cheaper lol.. But I do plant plan to get my concealed carry soon.. So maybe I should get a compact handgun?

Shooting Blanks :P

No pistol feels as good as the 1911 to me, and it's easy to conceal as it's slim.

The XDm is close but better for open IMO.

Sharp edges and CC don't really play well together.

Good thing you like petite women. That small of a steak won't fill up a normal woman.

When to the shooting range for the 1st time a couple weeks ago, shot my buddy's sig saur p226 40 cal, s&w 38 special, Taurus 38 special that also shoots 357, and a 22 rifle at 50 yards. I was accurate with the little 22... 38 didn't have much recoil but when I loaded it with 357 it had a descent kick like the 40 cal. It was pretty fun.

No pistol feels as good as the 1911 to me, and it's easy to conceal as it's slim.

The XDm is close but better for open IMO.

Sharp edges and CC don't really play well together.

I'll check out the Springfield XD before I make my final decision, I held one the other day at a gun store, it was ok, safety in the back handle, whats the difference between the XD and XDm?

XDm has a match grade barrel, and several grip options. It comes with 3 feels in the box.

It's grip is subjectively better, as in more aggressive.

Cost? Trying to keep it under 600$, the lower the better but I don't want a POS..considered the S&W SD40 because its only 380$ but I just don't know.

It has a bunch of other hard features. Larger standard magazine. Longer barrel options.

They say the trigger has a shorter reset, in fact they claimed to have the shortest at one point.

After holding the XDM I didn't want the XD anymore. YMMV.

I'm open about my feelings on pistols though. The feel and reliability of a pistol is more important than any other feature. Nothing feels as good as my 1911 and the only pistol that has had less failures is my XDm. The 1911 has had >5,000 rounds through it vs less than 2000 in the XDM.

My only failure with *my* 1911 is a recoil bushing was shot and I didn't replace it in time. It held up the action a bit.

As of this month I don't have *my* 1911. It broke my heart to give it up. I don't know that even if I build one myself it will feel as good as that pistol. It was like letting go of a favorite car.

I got my XDm for <$550 after tax.

The 1911 for $500 with a full complement of tune up parts and accompaniments.

The XDm was technically for my wife, but she wants a 1911. She much prefers the recoil dynamics and stability. She likes the trigger better too.

The 45acp, from a sturdy frame like the 1911 is fantastically calm and soft to shoot.

I'll look into the XDm, but Not the extended Mag, can't buy any gun Anymore with over a 10 round clip new in California anymore :(