Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Why detail to the nth when you can't keep it detailed?There is a huge difference in how my truck looks in the winter and the summer for obvious reasons...

So having it fully detailed once and then once a month or so follow ups are worthless? Just let it go and never do shit?What is the sweet spot?J
Why bother with the detail if it'll look like crap shortly thereafter. Sweet spot is upkeep and in your climate that is easy. If you aren't that type, I'd just get in good with a full service car wash and get her clean. Couple times a year clay bar, polish and seal and call it good. No tools needed.

Whats the sweet spot on cost on the couple times a year? Also is the rate of tip on the same scale of that in a resturant, or higher?

I may need to go to a good car show and see a shops work.

J

It is really hard on your paint to correct it all the time, you should instead correct it once and keep it corrected. In winter states that is damn near impossible.

I am having a hard time understanding. You don't care enough daily to take care of the car, but you'd pay a few times a year?

As for how often to wash, the better question is how fast do you get it dirty. Clay/Polish/Seal 2x a year in FL would be plenty IF you don't rub your car a lot in the washing/cleaning the rest of the year. Rubbing on paint is HARD on it.

People ask how my snowmobile is always so clean and when I clean it. The answer is simple, the day I get it dirty. Regular upkeep occurs when I walk by it and it doesn't look like I want it to. My car the seasons get in the way of it. Right now it is covered in pollen and other plant dust. Would wipe off with a detailer, but a 80mph rip will probably do it too. Going to the farm this weekend and driving 300m on gravel so I'll clean it the day I come back.

That is a good read really..I read them straight through usually.. "no joke" interesting shit.

I think everyone will read Matt's punctuation example straight through

???

That is a good read really..I read them straight through usually.. "no joke" interesting shit.

???

I'm laughing so hard right now.

Buahahahaha

Get yer phone fool?

???

I'm laughing so hard right now.

Buahahahaha

See what would yall do with out me...

I understand your mullet a bit more now

/\ minivan comment

Everytime I think of what you are doing to your car I think of one of these:

1984-1990-dodge-daytona-turbo-z-and-shel

Everytime I think of what you are doing to your car I think of one of these:1984-1990-dodge-daytona-turbo-z-and-shel

Thats pretty sweet!! I would not want one in that good of condition if I was going to do one..But that will be down the road a bit already have to many toys at the moment.But one ragged out with a good engine I might be interested..

Why detail to the nth when you can't keep it detailed?There is a huge difference in how my truck looks in the winter and the summer for obvious reasons...

So having it fully detailed once and then once a month or so follow ups are worthless? Just let it go and never do shit?What is the sweet spot?J
Why bother with the detail if it'll look like crap shortly thereafter. Sweet spot is upkeep and in your climate that is easy. If you aren't that type, I'd just get in good with a full service car wash and get her clean. Couple times a year clay bar, polish and seal and call it good. No tools needed.
Whats the sweet spot on cost on the couple times a year? Also is the rate of tip on the same scale of that in a resturant, or higher?I may need to go to a good car show and see a shops work.J
It is really hard on your paint to correct it all the time, you should instead correct it once and keep it corrected. In winter states that is damn near impossible.I am having a hard time understanding. You don't care enough daily to take care of the car, but you'd pay a few times a year?As for how often to wash, the better question is how fast do you get it dirty. Clay/Polish/Seal 2x a year in FL would be plenty IF you don't rub your car a lot in the washing/cleaning the rest of the year. Rubbing on paint is HARD on it.

It's honestly more of a time and priorities thing for me. I find that homework, sleep, going to the beach or gym, going to class, studying, wrestling, and time with loved ones trumps time to wash the truck.

I would like to find someone to get it right, and then at prioritize a way to keep up with it much better than I have in the past.

J

Test it. Do it a bit. ie, spend $25 on a REAL wash and then keep it up.

Can't wait... I am getting just a couple of days shy of 3 weeks paid vacation for 4 th of July..Will be able to get a lot of odds and ends tackled that I have been wanting to get done..And hopefully take the first step to getting my own business fired up.

Had the check engine light pop up on the truck today.

Any recommendations on a bluetooth OBD2 scanner I can use with and android app?

I'd stay away from the mini models. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OBD2-ELM327-V1-5-Bluetooth-Car-Scanner-Android-Torque-Auto-Scan-Tool-OBD-II-/231573943599

The one which worked for me was the B model.

The H model did not work with the protocol I needed. Even so, I kept it plugged in a lot of time and it did not die. 

Sooooo..... The power from my wall doesn't have a plug. Just wires in conduit.

Do I "need" to install a wall plug?

yes..a female 220 outlet.. You will have two hot legs that will read around 110-115 volt each and a ground hot legs should be black ground will be green and if they are a white that is your common" if it is used"
OMG, DUDE please don't do any electrical work.

He's our very own expert in: computers, electricity, welding, turbos, transmissions, cars and maybe in nutrition laugh.png

Thank you! wub.png  I knew there was a few people on here that appreciated me. Not to toot my on horn but you left out women,I would not say I am a expert in nutrition but I do know enough to get by and stay fit.

:lol: 

Good show man :) 

Front inner fenders on the Miata are changed. :woot: 

I seen one on craigslist here a few days ago..I will see if I can find it..

The code ended up being a P0442, small evap leak. I couldn't remember if it popped up after I got gas or not. I disconnected the battery for 15 min and now the code is gone. We will see if it was just the gas cap.

On the other hand, my ABS/Brake light have been on for a while. The guy said that every wheel speed sensor says it is bad so it's probably the ABS controller. I know the front right one is bad as the guy that re-did my front end bushing re-installed it in such a way that the tire rubbed through it.

I seen one on craigslist here a few days ago..I will see if I can find it..

Why would he want it, he already changed them???

Sooooo..... The power from my wall doesn't have a plug. Just wires in conduit.

Do I "need" to install a wall plug?

yes..a female 220 outlet.. You will have two hot legs that will read around 110-115 volt each and a ground hot legs should be black ground will be green and if they are a white that is your common" if it is used"
OMG, DUDE please don't do any electrical work.

He's our very own expert in: computers, electricity, welding, turbos, transmissions, cars and maybe in nutrition laugh.png

Thank you! wub.png  I knew there was a few people on here that appreciated me. Not to toot my on horn but you left out women,I would not say I am a expert in nutrition but I do know enough to get by and stay fit.

laugh.png 

Good show man smile.png

Or, no comprende

The code ended up being a P0442, small evap leak. I couldn't remember if it popped up after I got gas or not. I disconnected the battery for 15 min and now the code is gone. We will see if it was just the gas cap.

On the other hand, my ABS/Brake light have been on for a while. The guy said that every wheel speed sensor says it is bad so it's probably the ABS controller. I know the front right one is bad as the guy that re-did my front end bushing re-installed it in such a way that the tire rubbed through it.

Who's doing the work on the car? Make sure before you throw money at the car that it is indeed a bad unit. For example on my truck the speed sensors always show 3mph since they require voltage to operate and never get to 0mph on the tech2 scanner. To the untrained eye seeing 3mph sitting still would be a huge red flag but in this case it's normal. ABS light can also mean bad wheel bearing so I would jack the vehicle up and grab the wheel at 12 and 6 and rock the wheel to see if there's movement. It only takes a little wobble to make the ABS sensor lose signal and even a millisecond of lost signal will trigger the ABS light/code.