Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

power to weight & traction, what is not to love?

It's cold.

Sean showing off again

sZZcc7D.gif

PUCmkMp.gif

It's cold.

Yeah the fact you have to use it in that nasty white stuff

I like snow.

So do I, but only when I want it.

If you've got a 14mpg gasser and a 20mpg diesel, every 5,000 miles you'd save 254$.  Now of that 254 take out another lets say 54$ for easy math for the extra money it costs for oil changes of the $$ filter and 14 quarts of oil.  So you save 200$ for every 5,000 miles.  Now lets say you drive 20,000 miles a year, you save 800$ a year.  I don't know about you, but thats a long ass time to save the 5-10k purchase price premium of a gas vs diesel equivalent F-250/2500 truck.  Not to mention the additional cost of parts/maintenance.  

If you need the diesel for towing, by all means get it.  Or if you just want it to roll smoke and have a diesel hobby, sure.  Mileage?  Naaa.

Well the truck I have now (purchased in July 11 If I remember right) has about 51k on it. i just remember the used king ranch I had picked up before the Tundra (which was returned) got MUCH better MPG's and yes the rolling coal was fun.

Perhaps I am just trying to justify a want that isn't close to necessary. I do know that I refuse to own a car with how people drive down here. They just go too batshit crazy for me to drive something small.

J

It's cold.
that is a clothing problem

Diesel engines can go much much further on oil changes than gas. Our company tests oil breakdown and particulates. Most samples of Rotella T with Lucas oil stabilizer are good for over 60k miles before servicing.

On yhe plane again. Boys and extended family with. New orleans here we come

Diesel engines can go much much further on oil changes than gas. Our company tests oil breakdown and particulates. Most samples of Rotella T with Lucas oil stabilizer are good for over 60k miles before servicing.

Now can you explain the reasoning why the Lucas makes such a difference? I have heard such conflicting view points on this.

J

I have used Lucas in the expedition. It always ran "smooth" when I would add it.

Have a safe trip and enjoy the time with the family!

J

Now can you explain the reasoning why the Lucas makes such a difference? I have heard such conflicting view points on this.

J

Don't have a clue. I'm sure the chemists in out lab could tell you.

Cooler oil temps maybe,they don't turn as many rpms as a gas burner to get the job done.I don't know lol.Those guys let those big rigs idle all night without heat issues.

That's my uneducated thoughts anyway lol

Edited by garychurch84

Sugar pills help too. If it were really effective it would be in the OE oils unless of course iut creates an spa problem'. N

Yay'. Spa = epa