Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On yhe plane again. Boys and extended family with. New orleans here we come

Have lots of fun!

Sugar pills help too. If it were really effective it would be in the OE oils unless of course iut creates an spa problem'. N

Yay'. Spa = epa

You don't argue with scientific tests being performed thousands of times a month by chemists with PhD's.

Then again like always your probably right.

On yhe plane again. Boys and extended family with. New orleans here we come

Have lots of fun!

I missed that, but knew it. Have fun brochacho.

Sugar pills help too. If it were really effective it would be in the OE oils unless of course iut creates an spa problem'. N

Yay'. Spa = epa

You don't argue with scientific tests being performed thousands of times a month by chemists with PhD's.

Then again like always your probably right.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaang, better get some aloe. That looks like a pretty severe BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRN!

:-D

Yay for being offered new jobs. Just gotta figure out how much extra gas is running me.

J

Sums it up perfectly

Every little one needs one of these in their playroom.

http://williamsport.craigslist.org/bar/4371685432.html

Yay for being offered new jobs. Just gotta figure out how much extra gas is running me.

J

Congratulations bro!!!!

J

Congratulations bro!!!!

:woot:

Diesel engines can go much much further on oil changes than gas. Our company tests oil breakdown and particulates. Most samples of Rotella T with Lucas oil stabilizer are good for over 60k miles before servicing.

Now can you explain the reasoning why the Lucas makes such a difference? I have heard such conflicting view points on this.

J

Quentin, do you have side by side comparrison between Lucas and non Lucas?

On the topic of comparing diesel and gas...

A diesel should go much further on oil because it holds tripple what a gas engine holds. That gives you 3x the detergents, etc.

Also, people would be REALLY surprised if they could afford to take oil samples regularly on there cars. I switch oil filters at 4-5k and oil/filter at another 4-5k with synthetic because the filtration will really keep the oil alive. 3K on cheap oil is still too soon in most cases.

There you go, the key to it is the ability to keep it clean. Keeping oil clean help prevent it from burning off.

More and more car manufacturers are recommending any where from 5,7 even 10k oil changes based on how hard the car is driven.

J

Congratulations bro!!!!

:woot:

One is an offer from an employee who's boss hires who his employees recommend. The other is a 'preliminary' offer yesterday. I should hear back on that one this week.

First offer-

10 an hr to start, then after training 23% commission per job. Jobs are assigned by the bosses, and when you do better work you get better jobs. The job is spraying countertops, bathtubs and tile. It's about 95% prep, and the rest actually spraying. Drive to the office, get the work truck (they supply tools and a company fuel card), and off to the job site. Some days its only a 150 dollar day, others can be a grand. Offers 401K and will pay towards obamacare since he killed their insurance. Profit sharing twice a year. No real ability to move up in the company, as the only two above you is the Forman and the owner.

Second 'prelim' offer-

Told they pay 9 but I have a feeling there is room to negotiate depending on position. Its working at the new gun shop/range that is just up the road from me. No real word on benefits but I would ask during the second interview. Great group of guys and girls working there, mostly veterans as well. Flexible schedule, and they are a local chain, so there is some room for advancement.

Just weighing options. Currently the other job still pays more, but so many failed promises, and changes to their expectations with no change in pay has left me frustrated. I have never dreaded work so much. The feleling of 'I am doing something good for someone else' is basically gone. I am just debating on staying or going. I would give them two weeks notice if taking another position, and would offer them the opportunity to make shit right, which I doubt they would take as they can always replace me.

J

Diesel engines can go much much further on oil changes than gas. Our compaony tests oil breakdown and particulates. Most samples of Rotella T with Lucas oil stabilizer are good for over 60k miles before servicing.

Now can you explain the reasoning why the Lucas makes such a difference? I have heard such conflicting view points on this.

J

Quentin, do you have side by side comparrison between Lucas and non Lucas?

On the topic of comparing diesel and gas...

A diesel should go much further on oil because it holds tripple what a gas engine holds. That gives you 3x the detergents, etc.

Also, people would be REALLY surprised if they could afford to take oil samples regularly on there cars. I switch oil filters at 4-5k and oil/filter at another 4-5k with synthetic because the filtration will really keep the oil alive. 3K on cheap oil is still too soon in most cases.

I'd love to see those tests as well. Ones I've seen show no lubrication improvement but of course when your goal is not to buy something it is easy to lead the test

Some serious wows down here for people

Some serious wows down here for people

VooDoo

Sean, how would you define an increase in lubrication?