Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Backhoe is officially sold. Holy cow, the back yard is big...

We never posted it for sale, just told a neighbor about it. 3 guys came to see it, they are plumbing contractors and wanted one fast.

All this talk of winter shit reminds me I have to get clothes for skiing in Dec.

<- Doesn't know shit about skiing or winter clothes.

<- cheap.

<- probably going to freeze.

We never posted it for sale, just told a neighbor about it. 3 guys came to see it, they are plumbing contractors and wanted one fast.

Start a bidding war on the front lawn? :P

All this talk of winter shit reminds me I have to get clothes for skiing in Dec.

<- cheap.

Where ya going?

Might be worth it to get a lift ticket for Mt. lemmon.

J

<- cheap.

Where ya going?

Might be worth it to get a lift ticket for Mt. lemmon.

J

Flag for three days. I think my friend gets a military discount for the pass / gear rental.

I've never done it but I jokingly told a friend "it can't be any harder than roller blading," and he promptly pulled out a pair from his car. I drunkenly set down my glass of Makers and ripped around the block like no biggie. I failed to mention that I use to roller blade when I was like ten. :lol:

Though I'm sure I'll eat shit on the slopes for the first day at least.

You will. It is night and day different. Roller blading is closest to ice skating.

J

<- cheap.

On my last 2 skiing trips it was getting close to spring and with a good jacket and good pants (both for skiing) I only needed a t-shirt under the jacket. 

Mandatory gear:

Good jacket

Good ski pants (I recommend pants with shoulder straps, since you are going to fall a lot) 

Gloves (I have some cheapies, they will get we so you will have to dry them overnight) 

Something to protect your face / back of your head from the cold. 

Helmet

Goggles

I assume you are going to rent skis and ski boots.

Start a bidding war on the front lawn? tongue.png

They all owned the same contracting company :) 

Holy crap you will :) 

First time ever I couldn't count the times I fell. But we did not have long or steep slopes. 

Second time, in Austria, it was madness. I joined the most experienced group of co-workers (company paid ski trip) and they were going fast on black slopes. It was dreadful the first couple of days. I must have tumbled close to 7-800 feet on one occasion, I had snow everywhere. One day the fog was so thick I steered uphill and started going backwards all of the sudden

So yesterday I go to the store, have them cut me two ribeyes, get home, throw them in the fridge for dinner tonight. I get home tonight and pull them out to prepare and both are pucking green. WTF?!

It's the myoglobin oxidizing. As long as it's not slimy or smells it's safe to eat. It's more than likely due to high humidity in the fridge especially if an unopened liquid was in the fridge or the meat was placed in the vegetable or crisper drawer. We see this a lot with facilities that don't properly control humidity.

Aged meat can get pretty nasty looking. Meat aged 2-3 weeks looks almost rotten before trimmed.

This is why roast beef, pastrami, and other beef cold cuts have that interesting iridescent sheen correct?

A combination of this and refraction of light caused by the brine used on cold cuts.

The only time I don't wear down if it is cold is when I am exercising or dressing up.  Ultra cold and wearing a suit I don a wool trench.

If you want to be warm that is really the way to do it.  

I have a cashmere trench coat. Technically wool I believe but not sure if it's the "warm" kind. Never wear it because I don't have to dress up in suits anymore but weddings and funerals.

New Ergo bed frame and mattress should be here within the hour!!!

Matt's the man!! Someone get that man a sammich.

Everything go smooth?

Delivery went great! Slept like a boss last night. Thanks again!! :)

Curious how you keep track of your potential customers as well. I couldn't live without a CRM tool, but I realize your business isn't quite like mine.

SSA is my potential customers.

I think we talked about this..... If I am to the point where I am trying to pull in more guests at any level other than a few basic things and meeting people at the bar etc.... something is wrong. I should be too busy to have that be something that would take my time.

If I'm really struggling with a bleeder store, then I might look at gurilla marketing, but it's more likely that me helping that manager close more deals is exponentially more valuable.

One thing I found interesting is the recruitment aspect. Corporate really looks for AM and DM roles to always be looking for potential warm bodies. Keeping those peoples info would be a big big help when out and about, but a digital contact would most likely be the bestest there.

I'm a customer. :)

I find adding more than one idea from random moments on my phone is a pain.

Also curious how urgent or long term what you need to remember is.

For CS I will basically have to drop what I am doing if not working with a consumer unit actively trying to sell.

Anything large enough that would be a multi week/month project would be handled in spreadsheets etc.

I need something to hold lists I need to complete, also hold notes for what I want to go over when I do store visits. Mostly things I need to follow up on, but also remembering personal things about my managers that I might forget to ask them about if I don't have some active info.

Does that make sense? I'm on some pain meds tonight, so this may just be psychotic babble....

biggrin.png

Single half notebook bound with color separators for separate sections.  ONLY put things in it that are non super time critical but you must get done.  Separate small notebook for time critical.

<- cheap.

Waterproof shell and a wool layer.  Seriously.

Then you need waterproof pants as well.

<- cheap.

On my last 2 skiing trips it was getting close to spring and with a good jacket and good pants (both for skiing) I only needed a t-shirt under the jacket. 

Mandatory gear:

Good jacket

Good ski pants (I recommend pants with shoulder straps, since you are going to fall a lot) 

Gloves (I have some cheapies, they will get we so you will have to dry them overnight) 

Something to protect your face / back of your head from the cold. 

Helmet

Goggles

I assume you are going to rent skis and ski boots.

I hate shoulder straps, or nipple burners. :P

Slight update, I am really loving the SSASQSportwagen's new and more aggressive personality.  With the MP3 tune, cams, exhaust and proper NGK's, it is very difficult to not drive above 5krpm.

New Ergo bed frame and mattress should be here within the hour!!!

Matt's the man!! Someone get that man a sammich.

Everything go smooth?

Delivery went great! Slept like a boss last night. Thanks again!! :)

I am so happy. The first few nights, Heck up to a month, can leave people really sore. Those bases will go a long way to making life heaven though. Did you download the app yet so you can control then from your phone/tablet?

Holy crap you will smile.png

First time ever I couldn't count the times I fell. But we did not have long or steep slopes. 

Second time, in Austria, it was madness. I joined the most experienced group of co-workers (company paid ski trip) and they were going fast on black slopes. It was dreadful the first couple of days. I must have tumbled close to 7-800 feet on one occasion, I had snow everywhere. One day the fog was so thick I steered uphill and started going backwards all of the sudden

Jesus, I wish you had brought a helmet cam.

Curious how you keep track of your potential customers as well. I couldn't live without a CRM tool, but I realize your business isn't quite like mine.

SSA is my potential customers.

I think we talked about this..... If I am to the point where I am trying to pull in more guests at any level other than a few basic things and meeting people at the bar etc.... something is wrong. I should be too busy to have that be something that would take my time.

If I'm really struggling with a bleeder store, then I might look at gurilla marketing, but it's more likely that me helping that manager close more deals is exponentially more valuable.

One thing I found interesting is the recruitment aspect. Corporate really looks for AM and DM roles to always be looking for potential warm bodies. Keeping those peoples info would be a big big help when out and about, but a digital contact would most likely be the bestest there.

I'm a customer. :)

You're a VIP!

hey guys, steel toed boots recommendations?