Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Damn, Ive been wanting to put some subs in my s10 for so looong, now one of my 4x6 speakers in the dash took a shit on me, because I always have my music blasted, got a little US amp powering my dash and door speakers, not sure if i should replace the 4x6 with kicker which is what are currently installed, or try something else out, they do get kinda loud, but i think i want something louder. On another note by chance does anyone have any 12" or 15" subs laying around in good condition that there not using and would consider selling?

1- get away from the 4x6

2- try craigslist man. Since you are low on funds, your local CL will be best.

J

Damn, Ive been wanting to put some subs in my s10 for so looong, now one of my 4x6 speakers in the dash took a shit on me, because I always have my music blasted, got a little US amp powering my dash and door speakers, not sure if i should replace the 4x6 with kicker which is what are currently installed, or try something else out, they do get kinda loud, but i think i want something louder. On another note by chance does anyone have any 12" or 15" subs laying around in good condition that there not using and would consider selling?

Any speaker is going to blow if you don't change your idea of reference. Perhaps there is an octave missing in you FR, causing you to keeP trying to turn it up to gain that octave that is muted. Just sayin.

Ryan, how much do you want for the two subs?

I'll get home this afternoon and try to see if they fit.

If they fit, shoot me a PM.

I don't have a ton of free time but I will somehow in the next couple of days. 

We are under a TOR:CON level 4 alert..

I have to ask, why do ppl live where there are tornado s? I just don't understand the logic is all. Bc its all you know perhaps?
Doesn't everywhere have its potential natural disasters?

Live near the coat and you have hurricanes. Though most people live near the coast.

Live out in Cali and you have earthquakes.

Live in the mid west and you have tornadoes.

Live up north and you have potentially dangerous snow storms.

Mud slides

Wild Fires

Floods

etc...

In most areas, your chance of natural disaster is low. Many houses around where I live were built in the early 1900's and they are still here (knock on wood).

We take risks everyday because it's low enough that we are wiling to face it. We drive a car everyday. People jump out of airplanes all the time.

I agree wholeheartedly with you MK. Our biggest disasters where I live are, the government let off an atomic bomb 1 mile underground in 1965, and there is a uranium tailing pile from the uranium mine that mined over 80% of the uranium used in the atomic bomb that ended WWII.

Wasn't that near Gypsum if I remember what you said?

J

Nope. Near Parachute on the Roan Plateau. Was their first attempt at fracking. They had a large no drill parameter for years, now they are allowed to drill within a mile on ground zero.

You are thinking on the headwaters of the colorado river, that starts in Sweetwater, near Gypsum.

Thats right. I remember you telling me about the uranium mine over pizza after the outline.

J

Ya, I could be a tour guide. I am well studied in the areas history.

Any speaker is going to blow if you don't change your idea of reference. Perhaps there is an octave missing in you FR, causing you to keeP trying to turn it up to gain that octave that is muted. Just sayin.

I only understood part of that can break it down? Im not to car audio smart yet

I want to re-learn guitar just so I can play this.

That actually isn't all that hard.  Nailing the tone much harder than the fingering which is pretty mundane.  Don't get me wrong, for me to play it I'd need the music and a few days but wouldn't be all that bad.  An no, I don't know how to read tabs I meant music which I am sure doesn't exist.

My thing is do I just start learning upside down again, or find a leftie? I remember the blues chords and that's about it. BIL has a USA Jackson with the non painted neck, I plan on starting with at this point.

I only understood part of that can break it down? Im not to car audio smart yet

If it's blaring and you still don't think its loud enough, something is missing in the frequency response. Otherwise you need to refine you tastes. Most likely a little of both.

We are under a TOR:CON level 4 alert..

I have to ask, why do ppl live where there are tornado s? I just don't understand the logic is all. Bc its all you know perhaps?
Doesn't everywhere have its potential natural disasters?

Live near the coat and you have hurricanes. Though most people live near the coast.

Live out in Cali and you have earthquakes.

Live in the mid west and you have tornadoes.

Live up north and you have potentially dangerous snow storms.

Mud slides

Wild Fires

Floods

etc...

In most areas, your chance of natural disaster is low. Many houses around where I live were built in the early 1900's and they are still here (knock on wood).

We take risks everyday because it's low enough that we are wiling to face it. We drive a car everyday. People jump out of airplanes all the time.

I agree wholeheartedly with you MK. Our biggest disasters where I live are, the government let off an atomic bomb 1 mile underground in 1965, and there is a uranium tailing pile from the uranium mine that mined over 80% of the uranium used in the atomic bomb that ended WWII.

Wasn't that near Gypsum if I remember what you said?

J

Nope. Near Parachute on the Roan Plateau. Was their first attempt at fracking. They had a large no drill parameter for years, now they are allowed to drill within a mile on ground zero.

You are thinking on the headwaters of the colorado river, that starts in Sweetwater, near Gypsum.

Thats right. I remember you telling me about the uranium mine over pizza after the outline.

J

Ya, I could be a tour guide. I am well studied in the areas history.

Yes. Yes you are.

J

Started an oral regiment of prednisone today. Hopefully will get my eczema into remission.

I made carbonara again tonight, so Annikya could try it. Damn did I get lucky last week, bc I fucked it up good tonight.

Ryan, how much do you want for the two subs?

I'll get home this afternoon and try to see if they fit.

If they fit, shoot me a PM.

I don't have a ton of free time but I will somehow in the next couple of days.

No worries. They're not going anywhere.

I will assume this is a typing error and they meant 2.7 not 27 on the scale,Crazy shit!! I set very close to the New Madrid fault line,Responsible for the Mississippi River running backwards on feb 7,1812 from a fault thrust and the formation of reelfoot lake ..Scary shit,that some jackass could cause a disaster like this...

http://news.yahoo.com/study-links-swarm-quakes-texas-natural-gas-drilling-150044641.html

This of course hit RIGHT before I landed..........in Taiwan

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/19/asia/taiwan-earthquake/

Shooting full frame?

Also the lighting in the dining room did you little to no favors.

J

I think all that you see here is FF. The motorcycle shot might be from the T4i.

For people I'm usually using the 6D. It's so much better for low light.

SOOOOOO much better.

I have some really great pics with the crop too however. I just have less room for error with light.

I will see if I can find some more. I found out that durring a PC crash I lost 3-4 months of really important pictures.

:-(

I need to get archive grade DVDs ASAP and just get it done. I dont know if archive grade DVDs exist yet.

Culling and burning 200+ gigs of data isn't exactly fun.

Hate to be that guy but didn't you scoff at my redundancy? System works well IMO and is SO MUCH faster than DVD's.
Yup. I will. Point out that I said redundancy is not effective as storage.

Archive disks are the the only way.

In my case I lost the data due to a system corruption and I think I erased the data while rebuilding my system... What I need is a redundant NAS and then to archive on a schedule.

Mine is an archive, but one I update regularly.

I don't think there are archive grade HDs.

I honestly don't know that. I just assume anything magnetic will degrade.

Sure but when redundant and constantly updated it isn't a big deal.  Degradation is only a concern if it is your primary source.  Having only a primary source is idiotic IMO

The other day some of you were talking about grass-fed vs corn-fed cattle in terms of taste and nutrition. I found multiple papers that showed some differences in fat composition and antioxidants. The authors didn't imply anything in terms to health, just said this is what we found, which is as expected. The differences in fat composition were insignificant in terms of health, but the amount of antioxidants found in the grass-fed cattle meat was. So what happens? A bunch of fucking idiots with blogs write that the grass-fed meat is healthier due to more antioxidants and cite the study as proof. Only problem is they don't know the antioxidant was an enzyme and when eaten is going to be cleaved the fuck up, so the point is null.

And they taste bad.  Same stupid fuckers that bred all of the flavor out of the cattle in the US.  The level of hatred I have for these fucks is not measureable.
The place we like to by meat from has local cows that they say are grass fed and grain finished and they are amazingly tasty. They don't have prime marbling, but I've accidentally overcooked the steak before and it was still extremely tasty. Of course, this is all compared to Walmart beef... (yes I can't stand it, and no, there's not really a better place in town. Yes, I know that is sad.)

When I see the pictures of the beef you ate in Japan, it looks amazing, but it makes me wonder how healthy that animal could have been. And don't you think the healthiness is somewhat "passed on" to the consumer? Maybe not.

Animals are super healthy.  Have to realize they have a wicked short life when grown for meat.

If cows have no marbling they taste like ass compared to ones that do.  Seriously.  And yes, Walmart meat is inedible.

I can agree with all this. The meat at Sam's club isn't too bad, but still would prefer a real butcher.

J

Not to mention you get pimped on the weight per price ratio at wally world then getting it processed yourself,I do like the Kroger rib-eye steaks when they have them on sale I will not lie.. I usually get 3 nice thick ones for a fair price here smile.png

Price matters, but only to a point. If the quality is superb, then I will gladly spend the cash.

J

Here is some grade A-5 you can buy locally.

http://www.costco.com/D%E2%80%99Artagnan-Japanese-Wagyu-Boneless-Ribeye-Roast-A-5-Grade.product.100082950.html

Talked to BIL and a mechanic about the mustang. They both believe the pre-detonation is bc the distributor is off a tooth.

Hey J, i tried turning the key on and off without starting it and leaving the key on the third and fifth time, the dash lights did nothing like you said man...maybe theres another way?

It was worth a try. Only works on OBD not OBD-II. Most manufacturers switched in 95 I believe, The rest in 96. There was all kinds of crazy ways to retrieve the code back then. Honestly your best bet is to go to an auto parts store and see if you can get one on loan, or see if they will test it for you. Once you have those codes post them on here and everybody will be able to help you from there.

Oreilly and every chain owned in the conglomerate rents them for free.  Have to use them in their parking lot as you leave your DL, but it is really a great service IMO

Say NO to the 4x6.  Rednecking something in the door is a WAY better option.

Have a 12" RLp that will never get used.  Have the prototype Mach 5 IXL as well, but that I might keep just because.

Talked to BIL and a mechanic about the mustang. They both believe the pre-detonation is bc the distributor is off a tooth.

You said it wasn't knocking though.  First thing I asked.  Not that pre-detonation and knock is the same thing but they have pretty much the same effect and result.  Should be audible...

No pinging, knocking or chatter. Can run the timing up to 50 BTDC before hearing anything. The other direction it just dies. BIL schooled me good though, and filled in the blanks. So much easier to explain in person. Learned as much in a hour as I would of in a week of reading. My understanding is the explosion is going off waaay before TDC, and both valves are open at that time bc of the long duration.

I honestly did not check TDC when timing. I did pull the distributor, but just realigned it with where it was. I most likely missed the mark, as It ran better before I fucked with it. Mechanic was so confident that's what it was, he told me don't waste my time bringing to him, just reset it myself.

BIL is who gave me the car. He is the one that suggested the 650cfm holley, as he has had the same setup before. Mechanic said that size carb is fine too. Hopefully will have time soon to reset the distributor, than we will see.

50 is WAY too much, obviously it is off.  Must have ZERO power.

Hey Sean-

Is this similar to what you wanted stateside?

http://orlando.craigslist.org/msg/4987187995.html

J

Damn.  Beautiful.  Exactly what I wanted although I'd prefer the SL4 as it is a double humbucker.

Should be a $500 guitar though.....and yes, I am still contemplating it.  :Doh:  My next axe really should be another Gibson.

But 4x6 is factory in my dash, what else could i do?

Screw the dash, AWFUL place for a mid.  AWFUL.

I want to re-learn guitar just so I can play this.

That actually isn't all that hard.  Nailing the tone much harder than the fingering which is pretty mundane.  Don't get me wrong, for me to play it I'd need the music and a few days but wouldn't be all that bad.  An no, I don't know how to read tabs I meant music which I am sure doesn't exist.

My thing is do I just start learning upside down again, or find a leftie? I remember the blues chords and that's about it. BIL has a USA Jackson with the non painted neck, I plan on starting with at this point.

You should learn right.  If you are a lefty, then play lefty.  You can surely string a guitar upside down to start.  Will make anything above the 12th octave a bitch, but you don't need that anyways for a while as it is just repeating what is down low.

I made carbonara again tonight, so Annikya could try it. Damn did I get lucky last week, bc I fucked it up good tonight.

What happened?  Or what was the resultant bad taste/feeling?  Can probably help avoid that re-occuring.

Started an oral regiment of prednisone today. Hopefully will get my eczema into remission.

Ish. Hope it clears up fast for you!

Hey J, i tried turning the key on and off without starting it and leaving the key on the third and fifth time, the dash lights did nothing like you said man...maybe theres another way?

It was worth a try. Only works on OBD not OBD-II. Most manufacturers switched in 95 I believe, The rest in 96. There was all kinds of crazy ways to retrieve the code back then. Honestly your best bet is to go to an auto parts store and see if you can get one on loan, or see if they will test it for you. Once you have those codes post them on here and everybody will be able to help you from there.

Oreilly and every chain owned in the conglomerate rents them for free.  Have to use them in their parking lot as you leave your DL, but it is really a great service IMO

They charge a refundable deposit for tool rental here. I haven't borrowed a scanner tool though, so who knows. Just a heads up so you are prepared if needed.

You said it wasn't knocking though.  First thing I asked.  Not that pre-detonation and knock is the same thing but they have pretty much the same effect and result.  Should be audible...

No pinging, knocking or chatter. Can run the timing up to 50 BTDC before hearing anything. The other direction it just dies. BIL schooled me good though, and filled in the blanks. So much easier to explain in person. Learned as much in a hour as I would of in a week of reading. My understanding is the explosion is going off waaay before TDC, and both valves are open at that time bc of the long duration.

I honestly did not check TDC when timing. I did pull the distributor, but just realigned it with where it was. I most likely missed the mark, as It ran better before I fucked with it. Mechanic was so confident that's what it was, he told me don't waste my time bringing to him, just reset it myself.

BIL is who gave me the car. He is the one that suggested the 650cfm holley, as he has had the same setup before. Mechanic said that size carb is fine too. Hopefully will have time soon to reset the distributor, than we will see.

50 is WAY too much, obviously it is off.  Must have ZERO power.

Oddly it has pretty decent power. Will hit a hundo on the highway no prob. Should REALLY come to life if this is the case.