Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

http://minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/c-dsp-6x8

275 is not a bad price for an 8 channel dsp. much cheaper than the ppi version they made, iirc.

I paid $180 for my PPI.

i think this minidsp unit is the equivalent of the ppi deq rather than the dsp-88r.

There's not enough difference between any of them to justify more than a $20 price difference. Still too much IMO.

I'm looking to buy some new dsp's I think. in between cars I had my minidsp's in a box and my dad accidentally damaged them, at least that's my current theory. I'm still diagnosing the problem but it sounds like I'm overloading the inputs with my behringer uca222 (im hearing some static and popping) but changing the jumper didn't help. bypassing the dsp and going directly to the amp fixes the issue. But there is also some dependency on air temp which is making me second guess everything.

I don't think my Behringer overloads the inputs on the minidsp's in my truck. I also may have never turned it up all the way though either... Very possible my gains are hot enough to melt the fuck out of anything but I am not concerned as I don't run it hard pretty much ever.

Ya I think i'll get more aggressive with the gain and see what happens. 

found my ghost. vlc on android. I can go from one song in vlc with static to the same file on winamp w/o static.  

Do they fail in those applications? My buddy who is mechanic yesterday said he wasn't surprised as he see's a shitload of GM ones at about 100k. I would have preventatively done it had I realized.

In general though I am rather familiar with the suppliers as they are all our customers.

Fucking Dex-Cool eats engine parts from my experience.

I haz no dexcool.

275 is not a bad price for an 8 channel dsp. much cheaper than the ppi version they made, iirc.

I paid $180 for my PPI.

i think this minidsp unit is the equivalent of the ppi deq rather than the dsp-88r.

There's not enough difference between any of them to justify more than a $20 price difference. Still too much IMO.

I'm looking to buy some new dsp's I think. in between cars I had my minidsp's in a box and my dad accidentally damaged them, at least that's my current theory. I'm still diagnosing the problem but it sounds like I'm overloading the inputs with my behringer uca222 (im hearing some static and popping) but changing the jumper didn't help. bypassing the dsp and going directly to the amp fixes the issue. But there is also some dependency on air temp which is making me second guess everything.

I don't think my Behringer overloads the inputs on the minidsp's in my truck. I also may have never turned it up all the way though either... Very possible my gains are hot enough to melt the fuck out of anything but I am not concerned as I don't run it hard pretty much ever.

found my ghost. vlc on android. I can go from one song in vlc with static to the same file on winamp w/o static.
wow. Wtf

I paid $180 for my PPI.

Just the other day I noticed some weird shit with VLC. If it's open playing music and I pause it, minimize it, then open it again and play then it gets static, sometimes the static goes away after ten seconds, other times it stays. This is under Debian.

To be fair I don't know if it's VLC or the sound drivers under Debian. :lol:

i liked the ui of vlc more than winamp but im looking for something else now obviously. 

im using standard 320 mp3's not sure why vlc is having a problem. I dont notice static on every song either. 

So my seat belt buckle will randomly release from the receiver. Sometimes it's because I apply slight pressure to the belt (adjusting positions, etc), other times it's because I bump the buckle receiver, other times it just pops loose. Either way I don't think it's going to do much restraining in an accident. And ironically the spring for the button is shot (probably related) and so when I WANT to get out of the car I have to fight with the damn thing with both hands to get it to release.

Because my car is so old a replacement seat belt buckle receiver is only available from some vintage car parts place for $118 + tax + shipping. Holy fucksticks. Guess it's time to try the local pick-a-parts.

Yikes. How have things been otherwise?

Fair. Have a lead on a new job in a different industry that I'm REALLY hoping works out. Have an interview with them next week, don't think they are looking to put anyone new on until the 1st of the year but that's cool because I have a decent bonus coming in Nov that I dont get paid if I leave before it pays out.

VnrXOIL.gif

That is very hard to paint. Our main painter has been working on that.

Yes Good Luck!

Seat belts are bullshit imposed by the govt anyway, just get rid of it.

VnrXOIL.gif

Cool stuff!

She is kinda sexy in a weird way.

Lol

VnrXOIL.gif

Cool stuff!

She is kinda sexy in a weird way.

Lol

I hadn't scrolled completely up and saw her looking down and was thinking alright then BOOM.

Question for Sean or anyone else really. What is your method for finding the bandwidth of a midrange driver? Particularly the upper limit. Driver is tb 1337, off axis in the kick panel along with dayton nd20's. 

I paid $180 for my PPI.

I've had massive pop when changing tracks because the EQ was on to give me L/R balance. I don't have a processor in the Miata. Accidentally turned off the EQ, no more pops

Seat belts are bullshit imposed by the govt anyway, just get rid of it.

The Jeep's PO was a firefighter and he said "I'm not wearing a seatbelt, I've seen a lot of bad accidents because of it". Riiiiight...

My GF doesn't like wearing it around town...one time I had to brake hard and she hit her knees on the dash. Guess who's wearing a seatbelt all the time now? 

Fair. Have a lead on a new job in a different industry that I'm REALLY hoping works out. Have an interview with them next week, don't think they are looking to put anyone new on until the 1st of the year but that's cool because I have a decent bonus coming in Nov that I dont get paid if I leave before it pays out.

Good luck Brad ! ! ! :D

Question for Sean or anyone else really. What is your method for finding the bandwidth of a midrange driver? Particularly the upper limit. Driver is tb 1337, off axis in the kick panel along with dayton nd20's.

You need an RTA. You could also play tones one by one and notate what your ears pickup, but it's too time-consuming and far from accurate.