Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Apparently I have to dress up for an AutoCross at the end of next month.  Racing with a costume on, and Stig costumes banned. wink.png

What do have have in mind?

You have the hook up for all things haunted.

A little upgrade for the Egg was needed.

Out with the Polks and in with the Pardigms, Stylus 370.

Anyone have a USB DAC rec'd? I need one for the tablet. Cheaper than a line driver and beneficial in MANY ways.

Behringer is a popular choice; however, I haven't bought a DAC in YEARS

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA202-Audio-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1379952366&sr=8-2&keywords=usb+dac

I looked for the same thing for my tablet/phone. Make sure your version of Android supports it. I ended up with a Bluetooth module and split it into 2 RCAs. I am EXTREMELY impressed by the sound quality. Easily better than the headphone jack.

Looking into an Arduino powered controller for the egg. Will have internet capabilities and estimated cost is no more than $150

Anyone have a USB DAC rec'd? I need one for the tablet. Cheaper than a line driver and beneficial in MANY ways.

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA202-Audio-Interface/dp/B000KW2YEI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1379952366&sr=8-2&keywords=usb+dac

I looked for the same thing for my tablet/phone. Make sure your version of Android supports it. I ended up with a Bluetooth module and split it into 2 RCAs. I am EXTREMELY impressed by the sound quality. Easily better than the headphone jack.

I have a DragonFly. Haven't tried it on Android but works great for my home computer.

Looking into an Arduino powered controller for the egg. Will have internet capabilities and estimated cost is no more than $150

Build log is a must if you do. :)

Has someone already built one or are you programming it yourself?  Mostly curious as it would allow me to automate even more of my car audio install....but I don't want to go about learning a new programming language for no reason.

If you could live without the internet a closed loop controller can be made cheap...

Supports the Behringer, just thought maybe there were more options I shouldn't ignore.

Matt - when do you think buying a 70d is okay already?

Has someone already built one or are you programming it yourself?  Mostly curious as it would allow me to automate even more of my car audio install....but I don't want to go about learning a new programming language for no reason.

If you could live without the internet a closed loop controller can be made cheap...

Me, I'd just buy one if I need the internet.  If you don't need interweb, like Sean said building one would be super easy, tuning would be a little bit of a pain, but not bad I think.  

Me, I bought a BBQ Guru.  If I had to do it again, I'd pry open the wallet a bit more and buy a Rock's Stoker and be happy.  

Lately I've been grumpy with having to tinker with crap, I just want stuff to work.  

Supports the Behringer, just thought maybe there were more options I shouldn't ignore.

I've heard good things about this one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005VO7LG6/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B005VO7LG6&linkCode=as2&tag=linustechtips-20

'digmlover!

Goooood question. That makrketing company called me to come back and rep them again this year..... I would wait at bare minimum to black Friday or after. I got my ultra crazy deal at best buy, but made them match an amazon price. It was mid December I bet.

I'll help keep an eye peeled. The Fucking 70-200 has been more expensive than the first month or so it came out.... So I am watching prices.

'digmlover!

The keep sounding better too! Plus the range is very nice with the volume low.

BwE0Aaz.jpg

Bet he wises he would have looked better for the body support!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005VO7LG6/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B005VO7LG6&linkCode=as2&tag=linustechtips-20

Thanks, not for headphones but to plug into the amps of my next car.  Since it'll be in the dash I am trying to avoid knobs that could turn.  Love the options though, sorry I wasn't more clear before.

Thanks, not for headphones but to plug into the amps of my next car.  Since it'll be in the dash I am trying to avoid knobs that could turn.  Love the options though, sorry I wasn't more clear before.

Goooood question. That makrketing company called me to come back and rep them again this year..... I would wait at bare minimum to black Friday or after. I got my ultra crazy deal at best buy, but made them match an amazon price. It was mid December I bet.

I'll help keep an eye peeled. The Fucking 70-200 has been more expensive than the first month or so it came out.... So I am watching prices.

Wasn't really for price I was asking, more for not getting the first batch as that is NEVER a good idea in anything.  I am going to Asia on Nov 5th ish so it'll be before then...

Porsche, now with optional BBQ controller. Control the temperature of your grill from the comfort of your driver's seat!

Porsche Cayenne: it does everything. Literally, everything.