Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

There is a mint 1993 300E not too far from me, that I want pretty bad. ;)

Didn't know the temp thing was a must have item. I have a large grill now but it does not hold temp with the crappy smoker box on the side.

I thought the whole point of the kamado grill was that its holds and maintains heat phenomenally.

old fart

It's super classy, and it has AMG wheels. ;)

old fart

It's super classy, and it has AMG wheels. ;)

Surprised it's still for sale

Didn't know the temp thing was a must have item. I have a large grill now but it does not hold temp with the crappy smoker box on the side.

I thought the whole point of the kamado grill was that its holds and maintains heat phenomenally.

It does, but you are still building a fire.

To get the temp to settle down you are normally "watching" it for an hour.  With a controller you fire and the food goes on as soon as you like. 

It will also surf.  If you ignite too much fuel it'll get hot and then cool off and so on.  It is EXTREMELY fuel efficient, but dialing it in and teaching yourself to get there doesn't happen overnight.

I am not old enough for a Benz

Wasn't aware that you had to be old to drive a Benz wink.png
Can't tell you how many BM'er and Porsche sales people have told me that I am too young for my car. Of course I think, oh, nice fucking sales process moron....although in general I agree on a personal level.

That being said, I am not old enough to have kids yet, or a professional job. etc.

People thought I was in my late 40's when I had a beard and was test driving.

I have my mission down to 3 cars.

997 S or quicker

E60 M5

Or big German sedan with a V8 or more.

I am most affraid of the flagship sedans though. Least afraid of the Porsche.

I have never driven a 7 series, so I don't know how it would excite me, but it doesn't "look" as comfy as the S.

Audi's always seem to cost too much. And have too many problems.

old fart

It's super classy, and it has AMG wheels. wink.png

Surprised it's still for sale

Same.

Big green egg guys, can you take a look at the Vision grills pro kamado grill and see how it would compare to the egg?

http://www.visiongrills.com/grills/professional-c-series/

Actually it is funny you ask. I have been researching the Kamodo style grills. Honestly the Kamodo Kamodo OTB is what I think I am going to jump on. The BGE has a stout following as it is one of the very first that went mainstream, but it has never changed over the course of it's popularity. The price is still up there and it is basically a non-optioned unit. Kamodo's OTB has seen changes, apparently for the better. The warranty coverage is better, the ceramic is a better insulator, and it has many of the same offerings as the BGE. My understanding is that manual control is easier, and it will maintain longer low temp situations than the BGE because of improved air flow control and better insulation.

Take from that what you will, both units are top notch. Obviously each will have it's benefits and drawbacks and the BGE in it's current form has proven to be among the top 2 or 3 units for years now.

Big green egg guys, can you take a look at the Vision grills pro kamado grill and see how it would compare to the egg?

Actually it is funny you ask. I have been researching the Kamodo style grills. Honestly the Kamodo Kamodo OTB is what I think I am going to jump on. The BGE has a stout following as it is one of the very first that went mainstream, but it has never changed over the course of it's popularity. The price is still up there and it is basically a non-optioned unit. Kamodo's OTB has seen changes, apparently for the better. The warranty coverage is better, the ceramic is a better insulator, and it has many of the same offerings as the BGE. My understanding is that manual control is easier, and it will maintain longer low temp situations than the BGE because of improved air flow control and better insulation.

Take from that what you will, both units are top notch. Obviously each will have it's benefits and drawbacks and the BGE in it's current form has proven to be among the top 2 or 3 units for years now.

Isn't the Komodo like $4k?  I came close to getting it myself...

So instead you got the stainless 'bling' option Viking.  :)

The big Komodo is, but there is also a large BGE equivalent that is ~$800

I understand she doesn't even own a car though

So instead you got the stainless 'bling' option Viking.  smile.png

I looked at it as the permanent option.  

The big Komodo is, but there is also a large BGE equivalent that is ~$800

Must be new, the OTB was about that when I was shopping.  Did they make one without the tiles?

I am not old enough for a Benz

Wasn't aware that you had to be old to drive a Benz wink.png

Can't tell you how many BM'er and Porsche sales people have told me that I am too young for my car.  Of course I think, oh, nice fucking sales process moron....although in general I agree on a personal level.

That being said, I am not old enough to have kids yet, or a professional job.  etc.

Don't kid yourself--old man!

Looks like I can get the BBQ Guru control for the grill I listed before. WiFi and everything

Curious to see how it mounts.  There is no option for the Viking, but I have a very simple plate that the owner of Rocks made for me for free :)

Curious to see how it mounts.  There is no option for the Viking, but I have a very simple plate that the owner of Rocks made for me for free :)

on the pro series there is a removable ask tray with a flip up lid. The fan mounts on the opening where the lid is. Its a 25 dollar adapter.