Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Yeah...I can use the problem to my advantage when negotiating, he said he'll lower the price even more. Worst case, there's another Miata 3 hours and the guy answered his phone. As long as I can contact the candle guy it's all good. 

A non-running car is never a good thing....except for negotation power, but you sort of have to assume the worst

Went ahead and bought the "knockoff". good reviews online and good price. Many comparisons to the egg as comparable or better. Same features. Seems like a no brainer to me.

A non-running car is never a good thing....except for negotation power, but you sort of have to assume the worst

True, true. Until I talk to him over the phone I can't say for sure what's what. 

Right now I'm thinking that driving there and back with the Jeep costs as much as the one-way bus ticket. But taking it back home on a trailer won't happen unless I can test drive it first. 

FUck'em all, I'm going to cut some wood and zone out. 

I buy non-running vehicles all the time. The key is to never pay more than scrap.

This one is 700 miles away. If it were 200 miles away, different story. 

My Maui Pehi's have a scuff or something. Wore them 3-4 times and when I cleaned them the other night it showed up.

Store took then back and I switched to the world cups. I can push them closer to my face and my eyelashes don't brush. Makes the wrap effect solo much better.

The first pair I tried were so much smaller than the ones my wife got and the ones I tried today.

I can putz with the bows on the World cup, but I can't adjust the depth of the glass in relation to my eyes on the Pehi. Compromises! Damn.

Fuck.... I'm not gonna even try to edit that post.

I was going to mention that the mobile site has been funky for a while when quoting or editing. Or for a poast more than a couple paragraphs long.

I get my maui's from the same place the ole lady gets her prescription ones. They shape them for me in their machine when they come in.

I buy non-running vehicles all the time. The key is to never pay more than scrap.

As I stated.  Assume and negotiate for the worst :)

I paid a whole hundo for my 59 beetle.

Of course it didn't come with a pan, engine, tranny, seats or the like.  Really just the body.  Gas tank alone was worth more than that for scrap ;)

When I went to try on some Maui's my issue is that the arm bends out to fit my fat head. Like damn near full bend, and I just can't see it lasting long like that.

J

When I went to try on some Maui's my issue is that the arm bends out to fit my fat head. Like damn near full bend, and I just can't see it lasting long like that.

J

I refuse to believe your head is nearly as big as mine.

Their bows do have a lifetime warranty that includes the joint though. I believe that is even on the "cheepies".

Big green egg guys, can you take a look at the Vision grills pro kamado grill and see how it would compare to the egg?

http://www.visiongrills.com/grills/professional-c-series/

Not a bad looking cooker. Very similar to the egg.

Big green egg guys, can you take a look at the Vision grills pro kamado grill and see how it would compare to the egg?http://www.visiongrills.com/grills/professional-c-series/

Not a bad looking cooker. Very similar to the egg.

Should work out well. Everything out the door was $810

Ill order the Bbq guru temp controller with WiFi when I get home from the gym. Shouldn't need anything else I dont think.

I already have a pizza stone and racks for ribs.

I still have to get a temp controler.

Big green egg guys, can you take a look at the Vision grills pro kamado grill and see how it would compare to the egg?

http://www.visiongrills.com/grills/professional-c-series/

Actually it is funny you ask. I have been researching the Kamodo style grills. Honestly the Kamodo Kamodo OTB is what I think I am going to jump on. The BGE has a stout following as it is one of the very first that went mainstream, but it has never changed over the course of it's popularity. The price is still up there and it is basically a non-optioned unit. Kamodo's OTB has seen changes, apparently for the better. The warranty coverage is better, the ceramic is a better insulator, and it has many of the same offerings as the BGE. My understanding is that manual control is easier, and it will maintain longer low temp situations than the BGE because of improved air flow control and better insulation.

Take from that what you will, both units are top notch. Obviously each will have it's benefits and drawbacks and the BGE in it's current form has proven to be among the top 2 or 3 units for years now.

Isn't the Komodo like $4k?  I came close to getting it myself...

The big Komodo is, but there is also a large BGE equivalent that is ~$800

Must be new, the OTB was about that when I was shopping.  Did they make one without the tiles?

Not that I know of, but don't quote me on that.

Interesting, I figured with the tiles there was no way they could get the price down.  I love the way they look.

I told you not to quote me, motherfucker....

No worries, it was sold some time ago. 

They're rampant idiots, when you have a car for sale you answer your damn phone. 

Fucking pissed germans won't answer their phones. I want to buy your car not ask you out on a date...wtf...

Not unusual.  Fuckers at my company don't even have voicemail.

Have to say I called once on the car, got no answer and then forgot.  Sorry for that.

When I was house shopping, I called on a house that the owner was selling and he didn't answer. I ended up finding a different house a week later, went through the buying process, and a week after closing I get a call from a guy.

By that time I had forgotten about the house. The guy asked me why I had called and I couldn't remember but his address was listed with his number in my phone. I asked him if he knew why I may be calling him or if he mybe had a business. Couldn't figure it out so we hung up.

Wasn't until I mapped it later that I realized... So much for a "for sale by owner".

I feel like I should go drive an Escalade again...but am pretty sure the result will make me not excited.

Indeed don't waste your time

Seriously... Don't.