Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Both my eyes are open. On glass it helps if I close my other eye, I actually wouldn't mind a pair of glasses with the one side covered.

Piece of scotch tape works well over the other lens.  

My hang over is hanging over.

I think this isn't just booze, maybe a migraine in the works.

My hang over is hanging over.

I think this isn't just booze, maybe a migraine in the works.

Best hang over remedy. 1 zantac 150. 4 migraine pills. I like advil ones but its up to you. Then do a couple shots or chug a couple beers. Follow that up with some greasy food and a good nap.

Both my eyes are open. On glass it helps if I close my other eye, I actually wouldn't mind a pair of glasses with the one side covered.

Piece of scotch tape works well over the other lens.  

I'll try that next time, thanks.

One eye for distance, both for close range.

Rifles for work are iron sights (rear peep, front post). Only dominant eye open focus on front post.

For pistol, more instinctive shooting, both eyes open, line up the posts and go.

Hunting through a scope I use one eye.

Rifles for work are iron sights (rear peep, front post). Only dominant eye open focus on front post.

For pistol, more instinctive shooting, both eyes open, line up the posts and go.

Dead on what i do

For carbine work you only use one eye?

Distance/optics are more the deciding factor.

Depends on whether you can get the proper focus.

Both eyes opened to scan for targets, close left eye (I am a righty), fire, open left eye, check target. Repeat.

J

Now with full auto that changed.

J

question for you guys that own/shoot guns when looking down the sights do you keep both eyes open or just one? I only use one, cant seem to really focus with both open.

Depends. Iron sights, one eye open. At the range with a scope, one eye open. Deer, other game without possible high speed/follow up shots and a scope, one eye. Varminting for multiple targets, fast moving targets and a scope (think coyote, fox, bobcat, lynx, etc) both eyes open. The reason for that is tracking is easier with both eyes. When small dogs/cats are the prey you have to be ready for them to run at any time. They spook easily and quickly.

Shot a 150 yard .286" (corrected, not edge to edge) 4 shot group Saturday. Yes, that is ~ a .2 MOA. Shockingly it was a factory load, not a handload. My 22-250 LOVES Hornady Superformance 50gr. V-Max.

Oh yeah, one eye closed ;)

Dead on what i do

My big issue on one eye for hunting is that, many times I have the gun up waiting for the shot and my closed eye gets tired of being closed.

I've gotten descent at keeping both eyes open which allows me to watch up close be be aware of my surroundings. Then, I just close my eye for the shot.

Dead on what i do

My big issue on one eye for hunting is that, many times I have the gun up waiting for the shot and my closed eye gets tired of being closed.

I've gotten descent at keeping both eyes open which allows me to watch up close be be aware of my surroundings. Then, I just close my eye for the shot.

So the gun talk is getting to me. I need to get out and fire the rifle in preparation for the season.

Dead on what i do

How long are you keeping that eye closed?

I scan with both eyes. Then close weak eye to acquire proper sight picture right before taking the shot. Having the one eye closed is for a minimal amount of time.

This is both for hunting and the range..

When shooting multiple shot course of fire at the range, I will always open my weak eye between shots to prevent strainingy dominant eye.

My big problem with hunting this year is that I am not sure if my back can take it.  Fuck me, this shit sucks.

My big problem with hunting this year is that I am not sure if my back can take it. Fuck me, this shit sucks.

Go with someone.

My big problem with hunting this year is that I am not sure if my back can take it. Fuck me, this shit sucks.

Go with someone.

I couldn't pull a bow back today.  Hell it is hard to stand up.

Lifting the animal won't be hard as it will be in my BIL's yard.