probillygun

Beware! Skar Audio poor customer service

So it's basically hate on the new guy/company

Nope. We've had proof, a scary amount of it, that Kevin is a swindler and a man with poor business ethics. Over and over again. He needs to prove to the audio committee as a whole that he has changed his ways before people like myself will put any faith in him.

Bro, just go to google and type in "Skar audio scam". You will see that all of these forums are saying the EXACT same thing about Kevin. It's not just here, it's everywhere. A bunch of forums with tons of people wouldn't be saying the same thing about him if it wasn't true. He's been known to do these types of things for years now.

^ those are a few examples. Those are just in the first 2 pages of the Skar section....

Also, their slogan of "where audiophiles meet excellence" is laughable.

lol this guy.. i had already posted 1 example . and theres some more... are you blowing him or something?

Ok so how exactly did he "scam" people? Examples/personal experiences plz?

Just one of the many examples; On caraudio.com he posted pictures he'd stolen from the internet of other people's high quality installation and enclosures and claimed they were his own work. Using these stolen photos as "proof" of his quality craftsmanship, he offered to sell high quality enclosure to forum members at greatly reduced prices. A couple users bit and ordered enclosures......and while they did receive enclosures, they were so poorly built they were literally unusable. Subwoofer cut outs that weren't even circular, large gaps between panels, poorly secured panels, etc. His username at the time was lambo911.

i think 08 was when he made a new ebay name aswell... either way it was more of a joke then a fact.......

Didnt he own 1-800-woofers for awhile on ebay?

I ordered some stuff from him and it took forever to get it. He had shitty excuses on why it was taking so long!

Just one of the many examples; On caraudio.com he posted pictures he'd stolen from the internet of other people's high quality installation and enclosures and claimed they were his own work. Using these stolen photos as "proof" of his quality craftsmanship, he offered to sell high quality enclosure to forum members at greatly reduced prices. A couple users bit and ordered enclosures......and while they did receive enclosures, they were so poorly built they were literally unusable. Subwoofer cut outs that weren't even circular, large gaps between panels, poorly secured panels, etc. His username at the time was lambo911.

Oh man I completely forgot about that one....

Oh man I completely forgot about that one....

Im not sure what has all been covered so far but i have something to add. I know for a fact from people who helped with his initial designs and helped him get started that he has got to big for his britches. He has dismissed them entirely from my knowledge and gone his own direction. However true this is i cant confirm wholly. I will say its been said his business ethics are shady and he cares about the dollar not the customer. Ill also note that skar nut huggers really reflect ignorance and elitism which is beyond me. Just more of a reason i stand behind excellent companies like SSA, Sundown, and FI.

Too bad he hasn't replied to this thread to defend himself and business. I guess that shows how much he really cares.

What's there to defend if he is just going to get shit talked and shut down about what he would have to say? He probably saves himself the time and potential problems man..

Making a post to defend himself or not the dude is still fucked...

But there seems to be more happy Skar customers than unhappy?

All companies have short-comings, I don't see how some random incidents would shut him down.

Does anyone have legit pics of the boxes he made? post a receipt and include a spoon in the pic for verification purposes. Anyone can sit behind a computer and talk smack etc, prove it.

I can tell you horror stories about our local image dynamics dealer and how he scammed many people including myself, but he's still in business and even ID themselves have ignored my countless emails (post Eric Stevens era). So what do we do?

All companies have short-comings, I don't see how some random incidents would shut him down.

Does anyone have legit pics of the boxes he made? post a receipt and include a spoon in the pic for verification purposes. Anyone can sit behind a computer and talk smack etc, prove it.

I can tell you horror stories about our local image dynamics dealer and how he scammed many people including myself, but he's still in business and even ID themselves have ignored my countless emails (post Eric Stevens era). So what do we do?

The main problem i see complained about today is the company cannot prove what they are selling.

Do I need to elaborate that for you?

If they sell speakers, they do not contain accurate TS parameters.

If they sell subs, amps, etc, they do not know the details in which to customize their own products to stand out against another company.

Everything is to flood the market with repeat products but with no understanding behind them.

You can turn your head when things in the past happened and had to rebuild his image twice already from what i understand, but let's disregard that.

Let's focus on the fact that there has never been one reason to own anything from this company whatsoever.

IT doesn't matter if you are rich, poor, competing, daily, etc, there is no application for such products that allows this company to boast over another.

Then add the Hopeful customer service to it and you get the perfect name..

Skar.

That's the perfect name because many people have had this emotional feeling in the past so it should be a warning sign.

There are more morons in the world than smart people.

Go read some of the advice he has given on enclosures for ANY of his drivers. Notice how NO MATTER the constraints the OP has, he recommends that it'll sound great and work well. Then model one of his POS's, build it to confirm the model, and shit realizing how piss poor it is. Luckily for him piss poor is acceptable to an awful lot of people.

He is ONLY interested in one thing and it is his wallet. If that means he hurts someone or steps on them along the way he's proven that he will gladly do it over and over again. In my book that is an asshat if there ever was one.

If you truly had spent ANY time researching this you'd realize how misplaced your comments on defending him or his products are. Once you realize this and follow my recommendations on how to figure it out yourself you will also realize how absolutely lost most people are on other forums that make recommendations. There is a reason that he and his stuff is liked somewhere, but regrettably it isn't for any of the right reasons.

But there seems to be more happy Skar customers than unhappy? All companies have short-comings, I don't see how some random incidents would shut him down. Does anyone have legit pics of the boxes he made? post a receipt and include a spoon in the pic for verification purposes. Anyone can sit behind a computer and talk smack etc, prove it. I can tell you horror stories about our local image dynamics dealer and how he scammed many people including myself, but he's still in business and even ID themselves have ignored my countless emails (post Eric Stevens era). So what do we do?

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/thunderdome-forum-members-only/427504-%2475-flat-fee-sealed-enclosures-7.html

If you go back a couple pages, the guy gives a description of the enclosure....one of the port walls wasn't even screwed in, etc. Think that *might* have been the thread where he got busted posting other people's work claiming it as his own, don't remember now & it's too long to read. If not, then it's elsewhere.

Or if you're feeling frisky simply google Lambo911, Subtilis Audio, etc. It's not like he had done one or two things wrong....there are issues spread over many years of times he's fucked up and been caught in lies. As a matter of fact the Lambo911 username was banned from this very site, for reasons I don't know as they occurred before I was really active here. And Mark and Aaron typically only ban spammers or someone who has seriously fucked up, this site isn't ran like many others where users are banned for petty issues. SSA hold bans as a pretty serious infraction and use it as a means of last resort. I've been really active here since '09 and don't think I've seen more than maybe one or two users banned (other than spammers). Most forums ban atleast that many users per day.

As I said before, just because he's a POS doesn't mean his business isn't successful. Look at eD, they were blasted for years for many of their antics and bullshit they pulled.....and succeeded just fine, up until recently which was completely unrelated to their terrible history.

Damn that sucks, maybe he needed some guidance like a router jig and a straight edge clamp?

Do you believe us now? Lol

wtf lol

Haha that's what we been trying to tell you!

Kinda shocked if it's the same guy. But why would so many people be buying his products?

I saw he was on Fox news also