Fi Car Audio

Some pics of the lines...

Is there a possibility someone could download the pictures and re-host them somewhere else? Maybe even the SSA gallery? I can't see them at work and that's where I'll be for quite a while today.

Ok uploaded them to my gallery. :)

Thanks Aaron.

The Havoc looks great.

okay so to sum up what scott said,

FI = SPL

AA = SQ?

What about the SSD and Q? Those are both SQ subs. I believe he meant by that they are different in spec, voice coils, power handling, no customization on AA's and price.

enough already, when they going to be available to order? :huh:

2x..and prcing..ill take 2 havocs..

FI = SPL

AA = SQ?

Nah

Two separate entities, with two different focuses. :)

From my perspective, Fi would be geared more towards DIYers because it lacks a dealer network. AA has a dealer network and can appeal to a different segment. Probably beginners into the hobby or those who are less inclined to install their own stuff.

Any plans for a sub with a steel basket?

Does Ascendant still use the split gap technology on their subs?

They used Split Coil on the Poly 6.5's; that was the only line that used a linear BL method.

The old Avalanches used to employ split gap ;)...

FI = SPL

AA = SQ?

Maybe, if you're ignorant.

From my perspective, Fi would be geared more towards DIYers because it lacks a dealer network. AA has a dealer network and can appeal to a different segment. Probably beginners into the hobby or those who are less inclined to install their own stuff.

Any plans for a sub with a steel basket?

Why a steel basket?

nG

Does Ascendant still use the split gap technology on their subs?

They used Split Coil on the Poly 6.5's; that was the only line that used a linear BL method.

The old Avalanches used to employ split gap ;)...

Touche, I didn't even think back that far.

Hmm. Chances are, if that Havoc 18 has a Faraday ring in the motor, low inductance, clean response out to ~400Hz*, and is competitively priced, my 12" Tannoy dual concentrics will have a new playmate! :)

Anyone want to fill me in? :)

*No, I don't plan on use it that high, but I've found that smooth response out to ~2 octaves above Fc is a crucial factor in whether or not I'll think a subwoofer is any good in a high-resolution home audio system; assume an 80Hz Fc, and that puts you out to 360Hz.

Edited by DS-21

IIRC they were built with XBL2 and AA no longer uses that tech,

i don't think anyone uses xbl^2 anymore, that know of (could be wrong). and i want to say everyone dropped it due to adire having a patent on it.

Wow that havoc nearly made me need some new undies. Looks nice......real nice.

My guess is that they will need hefty boxes though. Damn I hate having a small trunk and a fetish for ported 15's.

Edited by Puggsley456

No, I don't plan on use it that high, but I've found that smooth response out to ~2 octaves above Fc is a crucial factor in whether or not I'll think a subwoofer is any good in a high-resolution home audio system; assume an 80Hz Fc, and that puts you out to 360Hz.

Jesus...do you even use crossovers?

Havoc will be the hit this summer looks like...

WHERE ARE THE PICS OF THE COMP SETS ???

UGHHHH

LOL

But yeah uhm are they ready yet ?

Edited by theabunai

There is a CSS driver that uses the XBL2 but it only comes in 15". I am sure there are others that are OEM'ed using it calling it by split gap or something along those lines.

CSS also has a 12" XBL^2 driver coming out in the fall IIRC (SDX12). They are evaluating prototypes that they received with the first shipment of SDX15s.

Anyway, the Havoc looks very interesting. I'll be interested to see complete specs and pricing.

Errrmmm ... Arsenal still using the XBL^2 or any other driver using that?? IIRC only CSS sub and mids are using them now.