meade916

New BTL's.....Exclusive pics tonite :D

Thumper, why in your signature you say you are only setup with 12's doing a hair trick?? just curious cause I've sat in and seen many vehicles with 12's doing hair tricks....oh, and just a thought, have you tried physically calling Fi to speak with Scott himself? I bet not, you are lazy, and don't follow up and are too full of yourself and your shop, you'd rather just blame someone else cause it's easier. You think because you have a shop that gives you free rain to call out anyone you want and say, " well I own a shop and I would never do that" don't tell me you never had a customer that got upset and was a complete jerk-off. Like all this matters, what are you going to switch to? ascendant? not like anyone else is taking home the trophies....

Scott, Nick, sorry for the "rant" didn't mean to my fingers automatically hit reply and started typing.

Oh yes, and Meade, congrats on the new woofers man, you are the reason I found Fi. I expect a full review shortly of how they perform, and review as in pre-brake in and brake in DB meters.

Not a bash to FI at all, but im just not impress by the way it looks. I know Scott mention that performance wise, its better then the old BTL. But i think im just more used to the triple stack mags. Perhaps its just needs to take some time for me to get used to it who knows. One question i wouldn't mind being answered, is why doesn't he make an optional triple stack magnet for the new btl. I mean its optional, its pretty much the same as buying a car with optional packages i think. Again its not a bash to FI and I give props for Scott on creating this new sub.

Where did i say i haven't had upset customers? I deal with A-Holes on a daily basis but in the end the customer is always right and i make good on anything that may have upseted them.. and for your info im switching to Audioque

Not a bash to FI at all, but im just not impress by the way it looks. I know Scott mention that performance wise, its better then the old BTL. But i think im just more used to the triple stack mags. Perhaps its just needs to take some time for me to get used to it who knows. One question i wouldn't mind being answered, is why doesn't he make an optional triple stack magnet for the new btl. I mean its optional, its pretty much the same as buying a car with optional packages i think. Again its not a bash to FI and I give props for Scott on creating this new sub.

The triple stack magnet is probably weaker, why spend more on something that will worsen performance (oh wait that's right most of you guys choose the automatic transmission) nevermind.

Where did i say i haven't had upset customers? I deal with A-Holes on a daily basis but in the end the customer is always right and i make good on anything that may have upseted them.. and for your info im switching to Audioque

Good luck with Digital Designs.

Many people do not understand how magnets actually work smile.gif. Take the DD 99z just as an example. That motor is 100% saturated (in other words the steel can not conduct any more flux) with just 3 slabs of the neo that they use on it. The rest that is there is just along for the ride, and adds nothing but cost. Same goes for the old shocker sig's that shocker came out with a few years back. It had 6 doughnuts of neo on it and a tiny little bit of steel. Had they have known they could have gotten the same guass and motor strength out of 2 slabs of that neo and a properly designed motor (using fea)...they could have made 3 motors for a little more than the price of 1 motor...

Neo is a stronger material, so therefore you need less of it to achieve your goals. Sadly a lot of manufacturers have fell into this trend of 'more is better' and sadly make you the end user pay for it...for no real added performance.

The New BTL has an 11.25" wide motor (this is the same cutout diameter as the 12" basket). Yes it does look weird now, and yes it is different than what anybody else has and does. But you must take into consideration that it is designed properly, and the way things should be done. From an FEA/Design standpoint the wider you make the motor, the better parabolic flux density field you are going to have. When you do something like that you have literally NO stray flux, in other words all of the strength of the motor is going to act its force upon the coil and where it lies. Not shoot outside of the motor and have a very wicked stray flux field....

When you start stacking multiple magnets on top of each other you start to loose that parabolic shape that you are wanting to have on the FEA output. If the motor is not acting the force upon the coil...then there is no point in putting another slug on it, if it is going to hurt the performance.

ok, there. eat it up. and think again about the "optional 3rd mag". i say give them the optional 3rd mag if they want to pay more for nothing.

Thumper,

you are a little arrogant about this. call them. you're in their forum, they will respond. ask around. people that work for Fi have screenames. there are other sources than just email. just cause they dont reply means they have the worst customer service.

Scott takes his time to reply to as much as he can, and hes the owner.

Audioque and DD arent the same exact thing, also.

But Fi, built and tooled in USA, or AQ sourced from China? mechanical noises?

DJ is a good guy and has good customer service, as does Scott. The reason you can help customer cause you have your own floor supervisors and installers, youre free to do anything. Scott builds the woofers as well, youre blowing this out of perportion as it is.

And in all honesty, I cant believe all the people saying it looks weak. saying they dont like the look, saying all this about the motor.

Its always about performance, ALWAYS. if its promised to perform better why wouldn't you believe that?

so everyone is saying they buy subs because of the way the motor looks? come on. The BTLs never disappointed and the new ones wont as well.

Edited by pioneerpimp

yea i hate the fact everyone says it "looks" weak. man bruce lee was small but he definitely wasnt weak. kind of a bad analogy cus bruce lee looks like a beast too. but yea if you buy your subs just by the way they looks, go buy some audiobahns then. Fi is not for you.

Edited by phi

you do realize that the new magnet weighs like the old triple stacked magnet?

if you triple stack the new magnet i guess it would weigh around 80++ lbs :)

Is it me or do the new btl seem to have more room under the cone. Can someone tell me what the term "cowbell" means. I really don't understand all of the talk.

lol

I really don't see anything funny. You could have kept your mouth shut for that much. I do notice a slight difference in the basket.

lol your a funny funny BOY... i laugh at FUNNY BOYS..........and you know what you can do with your mouth :o:wackit:

LMAO, i'm just gonna go ahead and end this one.. LooseCannon: 'cowbell' isnt anything to do with car audio, it's from an old saturday night live skit with will ferrel... Definately one of the best episodes, for the record.

Back to the topic.. I wish i could see this thing in person, it looks different, in a badass sort of way.

This whole fight over customer service is a bit obsurd, i do agree with thumper that customer service should be prompt. If it takes more then 2-3 days to answer inquiries then more staff should be hired but that costs money and increases product cost so pick the lesser of the two evils for your own tastes. And on the fact of people buying based on looks of beefyness, happens alot with car audio for general consumer level. Alot of companies throw more metal or plastic around the motor structures to try and make them look more agressive but for me its more about performance. Hell ive got boston 15's lying around with the dinkiest looking magnets ever but they sound absolutely amazing and output is quite good compared to alot of subs i heard.

by the way......for those that dont know.....Scott is out of the office for the next week. He will be very hard to contact until he gets back.

by the way......for those that dont know.....Scott is out of the office for the next week. He will be very hard to contact until he gets back.

Is it me or do the new btl seem to have more room under the cone. Can someone tell me what the term "cowbell" means. I really don't understand all of the talk.

lol

I really don't see anything funny. You could have kept your mouth shut for that much. I do notice a slight difference in the basket.

lol your a funny funny BOY... i laugh at FUNNY BOYS..........and you know what you can do with your mouth :o:wackit:

Yeah ok! I notice your heart is fingers. Keep typing! You may actually scare someone someday.

would the new 12'' lighter then old one ?

Meade i was gonna type the same thing...

Scott is out of town for 7 days...

When you EMAIL scott, sales or orders (which are all handled by scott) if your filters are set correctly you get this...

"Thank you for your email. Currently we are experiencing VERY high email volume and are somewhat delayed in our responses.

Also... we are in the middle of adding a new machining line in a new building and will be slower as well with our responses from 04/25/08-05/03/08. We apologize for the delays and thank you for your patience.

Thanks,

Scott

Fi Car Audio

"

coupled with a new warehouse opening to handle the growth...

New line coming out.

Owning Fi and AA

OEM'n for ATLEAST 3 other companies...

Handling over 70-80% of all emails himself to assure accurate sales and info....

Having so much emails that they literally have their email server crash...

And having roughly 7 employees (most of which work in the warehouse machining and shipping)....

People getting upset that they didn't get a fast enough response???

Patience is a virtue...

I've spent well over a grand at Fi.... And I help Hawaii people get Fi since it can't be ordered from the site... I made many sales for scott well over a couple grands... AND I haven't gotten an email response from him since he is out of town.

Damn that scott DOESN'T HE KNOW WHO I AM, I SPENT GRANDS AT HIS COMPANY HE BETTER RECOGNIZE ME, RESPOND TO ME, CALL ME GOD, GIVE ME THE pucking CUSTOMER SERVICE I DESERVE OR I'M GONNA GO BUY ME SOME OTHER SUBS...

:gay:

And a joke for those that forget what sarcasam is...

I think this world would be such a better place if we all sat and thought about what it MIGHT be like to be in that persons shoes

Edited by theabunai

coupled with a new warehouse opening to handle the growth...

New line coming out.

Owning Fi and AA

OEM'n for ATLEAST 3 other companies...

Handling over 70-80% of all emails himself to assure accurate sales and info....

Having so much emails that they literally have their email server crash...

And having roughly 7 employees (most of which work in the warehouse machining and shipping)....

People getting upset that they didn't get a fast enough response???

Patience is a virtue...

I'm not (yet) a Fi customer, but I think this appears to be a bit of fanboy-ism at play. Let's be honest and fair; Yes, Scott appears to have a very full workload. One can certainly excuse him for being too busy to respond to the flood of emails he receives daily. However, this does not excuse him for having the processes in place to handle sales and customer service responsibilities. By all accounts, he makes some very successful products and has enough OEM business to keep his companies suitably staffed with personnel. There's no reason not to hire someone, at least part-time, to manage the administrative tasks that he's too busy for. Even if it's just collating incoming requests, organizing them for later review by Scott, and sending off a confirmation to the customer.

Just my $0.02.

would the new 12'' lighter then old one ?

i think meades said that its thinner but is a lil heavier.

Thumper has yet to have an issue with an email response from me. I've got him taken care of gentleman :). He stated in the email that he was being 'spiteful'. I guess to try to get a rise out of everybody on the forum, eh I don't know. Many people complain about the sales@ email, and scott@ email. Simply put there are not enough hours in the day as of late for him to sit down every night and do the email. That time has been spent at the shop getting speakers out to you.I will be out at the facility starting May 7th. We're doing a complete revamp of how everything is done and responded to. We are making it so nothing is going to fall through the cracks like it has been as of late due to the whole staff being busy with either company stuff, or myself doing research on some other things, as well as finishing up with finals this week.

This quote was from me in regards to questions about 'why only one slug':

Many people do not understand how magnets actually work smile.gif. Take the DD 99z just as an example. That motor is 100% saturated (in other words the steel can not conduct any more flux) with just ~3 slabs of the neo that they use on it. The rest that is there is just along for the ride, and adds nothing but cost. Same goes for the old shocker sig's that shocker came out with a few years back. It had 6 doughnuts of neo on it and a tiny little bit of steel. Had they have known they could have gotten the same guass and motor strength out of 2 slabs of that neo and a properly designed motor (using fea)...they could have made 3 motors for a little more than the price of 1 motor...

Neo is a stronger material, so therefore you need less of it to achieve your goals. Sadly a lot of manufacturers have fell into this trend of 'more is better' and sadly make you the end user pay for it...for no real added performance.

The New BTL has an 11.25" wide motor (this is the same cutout diameter as the 12" basket). Yes it does look weird now, and yes it is different than what anybody else has and does. But you must take into consideration that it is designed properly, and the way things should be done. From an FEA/Design standpoint the wider you make the motor, the better parabolic flux density field you are going to have. When you do something like that you have literally NO stray flux, in other words all of the strength of the motor is going to act its force upon the coil and where it lies. Not shoot outside of the motor and have a very wicked stray flux field....

When you start stacking multiple magnets on top of each other you start to loose that parabolic shape that you are wanting to have on the FEA output. If the motor is not acting the force upon the coil...then there is no point in putting another slug on it, if it is going to hurt the performance.

Hope this helps..

Thanks!

-Nick

im diggin the new tensil lead look

This quote was from me in regards to questions about 'why only one slug':

Many people do not understand how magnets actually work smile.gif. Take the DD 99z just as an example. That motor is 100% saturated (in other words the steel can not conduct any more flux) with just ~3 slabs of the neo that they use on it. The rest that is there is just along for the ride, and adds nothing but cost. Same goes for the old shocker sig's that shocker came out with a few years back. It had 6 doughnuts of neo on it and a tiny little bit of steel. Had they have known they could have gotten the same guass and motor strength out of 2 slabs of that neo and a properly designed motor (using fea)...they could have made 3 motors for a little more than the price of 1 motor...

Hope this helps..

Thanks!

-Nick

Is it possible to get some pictorials/screen shots of this FEA showing the magnetic flux of the triple stack motor and the new single slug motor? This stuff sounds really interesting. Maybe make a PBS Nova episode out of it? :)

Can't do it now, later on it's a possibility.

I don't have FEA on this computer...

Looks good.

Broke a serpantine belt demoin this **** over 60mph down the strip...i got a little bit of video but heres the pics till i can go thru it. Im just now sitting down.

DSC02959.jpg

DSC02960.jpg

Out with the old, in with the new :D

DSC02961.jpg

DSC02962.jpg

DSC02965.jpg

DSC02966.jpg

DSC02968.jpg

DSC02969.jpg

DSC02970.jpg

DSC02976.jpg

DSC02980.jpg

DSC02983.jpg

Heres what is left of my belt LOL......well I wasnt LOL'in in the neighborhood this broke in :D

DSC02991.jpg

Oh by the way, they do hammer HARD! They are still brand new with a stronger motor so i need to break them in a little......i was damn sure tryin tonite when i snapped that belt :D