Mark LaFountain

The "X"con 12" prototype has arrived

Kent, we had to move away from the blue logo partially due to the consistency of the printing and it is difficult to get both colors aligned on the print. Meaning with the Icon style dust cap it needs to be just one color for the most consistent results.

Kent, we had to move away from the blue logo partially due to the consistency of the printing and it is difficult to get both colors aligned on the print. Meaning with the Icon style dust cap it needs to be just one color for the most consistent results.

I really think you should have a specific logo for each sub line. Like a cool stylized X underneath it have it say con, something like that.

What does everyone think of the dust cap? The carbon fiber dust cap is on now just for the prototype, but what do people think about it....

We planned to move forward with the same style dust cap as the Icon, but this carbon fiber one is an option.

I like the Carbon Fiber dust cap a lot. Reminds me of the old AA subs and I always love the cosmetics of those.

But I also like th previous idea with the X or model behind the SSA logo.

I really think you should have a specific logo for each sub line. Like a cool stylized X underneath it have it say con, something like that.

That's almost exactly what I brought up to Mark. I'd prefer without the con because that may look like Sony Xplodes, and the two cannot be compared!

Yea, an X behind the SSA logo would look pretty good.

Ok, maybe I was not clear enough, the logo is not up for debate or how it will look. Just the dust cap itself.

Ok, maybe I was not clear enough, the logo is not up for debate or how it will look. Just the dust cap itself.

Oh.....well carbon fiber gets my vote.

Lame ;)

Oh.....well carbon fiber gets my vote.

+1

+2

I vote to keep the carbon fiber dustcap! Whats the estimated price range for this sub?

When we have updated material/parts pricing, we will know for sure. I don't want to release an estimated price that was based off a few months ago, only to see that with the material costs rising I posted lower then actual. And on the other hand, I don't want to post a price that would turn out to be on the higher side of actual and turn people away.

I need to buy a vehicle that can fit one of these beasts in it....d@mn regular cab.

the Xcon is meant to sound as good if not better then the Icon and have a ton of linear movement while handling some serious power.

well if you accomplish this in the end i have a Taurus and a opti6000d waiting for a couple of these.

I can honestly say if it has as good of SQ as the icon I will buy one in 18". If I like it maybe a couple more. I was going to do my HT with the Q, but with a high SQ high XMAX I will be all over it.,

I can honestly say if it has as good of SQ as the icon I will buy one in 18". If I like it maybe a couple more. I was going to do my HT with the Q, but with a high SQ high XMAX I will be all over it.,

I guess if it has a huge advantage in swept area without sacrificing linearity over the Icon it'd make sense, otherwise I don't really understand why people who are looking for accuracy are going to spend that much more for simply power handling.

I prefer the paper, but don't disagree with the "differentiator" comments on the CF. I am all about function over form though.

Because I am getting a little tired of repeating myself in a number of places, along with people making ignorant statements about the Xcon, just to state again that the Xcon is a new design, it is not the IA Flatlyne, not the BTL, not the AA Avalanche, not the BTL, not the AA Atlas, not the BTL, not the MAGv3. It is it's own design, if it was a rebadge job, it would not have taken this long to come out, and oh and did I mention it is not the BTL? ;)

I guess if it has a huge advantage in swept area without sacrificing linearity over the Icon it'd make sense, otherwise I don't really understand why people who are looking for accuracy are going to spend that much more for simply power handling.

Big rooms.

Big rooms.

More Icons then :D

pshhhhhhhh

playing with powerfull drivers is fun. It's all in the name of headroom sir.