mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned it in the H0P, the lady friend has a Mac that has been running like crap, I was thinking about trying to fix it up for her (probably just reinstall the OS) but haven't messed with Mac's ever. You guys have any experience? I'm assuming it will just take a bit of research and be just as simple as Windows/Ubuntu, but I wanted to make sure.

i have a macbook. their pretty simple/user friendly to operate for simple shit but i dont know much more then that. i never fucked mine up... i would just back up her shit and reinstall the OS

edit: btw if its an older model you could beef up the ramm a little. its extremely cheap right now (excess supply, from what i was reading)

My plan was to re-install the OS but she would need to get some program CD's from home that she doesn't have right now, but it always seems like the best/easiest option to me. Her processor is a dual 2.1GHz while my Win7 machine is Dual 1.6 and it runs circles around it and I think we both have 1 gig of RAM. I'll look into it.

Thanks

think my macbook is a dual core @ 2.4 with 2 gigs of ramm. her's should be able to keep up much better.. mine can run 1 or 2 word doc's, itunes, some excel shit, and web browsing lag free. which is all i really use it for.

i found directions for how to monitor what processes are running ( link how to ). could also try a defrag the hd...

if you've tried afew things already then this probably wont help but i found this as well. might be worth a shot before reinstalling OS

How do I begin this fucked up shit. My amp got stolen......

I decided to buy a Sundown SAZ-2000D some months ago from a friend in America. He made me a good deal so I send the money through paypal and he ships the amp to a company that was going transport it from USA to Bulgaria. I've already bought a Hifonics amp through them(their business was to buy the thing you want from ebay.com and ship it to BG, because many won't ship directly and they got an office in the States). And there were many other people using their service at that time. The day I paid for the amp was Jan 13. That is almost 11 months ago. The amp was shipped to their place...........

nonono, I can't wrap my head around that shit. I'll continue later. Fucken pissed right now. :jon:

.... the amp was shipped to their place. We talked about how much shipping will be, when it's going to ship out and that sort of thing. Nothing out of the ordinary. Some weeks past, I try to contact too see what's up, do they have any info on the amp... Nobody pics up. I called...2, 3, 4 times a day, everyday. No one. I read on a forum that other people are having problems too. Waiting for their "stuff" just like me. No one can contact them, some got their things some don't. Then I decided send a threat SMS to the phone that doesn't pick up, about that I am going to the police, find you they are, where they live. Oh miracle, I get a call. The dude explains to me they are no longer in business, all their packages were delivered and he will see what's going on with my amp. Some more weeks past, I call him regularly, he is either out of the country or doesn't have any new info. I am studying for Uni, busy with some other things. Time passes by.... Then like 3-4 months ago he said he will have a friend that lives in the States coming to BG and will take the amplifier with him. Another month pass, the guy that is supposed to come still have some work to do in the States... Then a month ago he arrives here but the luggage with the amp is not here and will arrive soon. It arrived last Wednesday, but with the amp, a laptop, a guitar and some other stuff of his, gone. I called his MOM(the guy that came from USA left me a number to call his mom to ship me the amp, because he was leaving the country for some time) and asked "wtf, someone was supposed to call me and ask me for my address"( as with all my hope I was awaiting the amp to get shipped after he gets his luggage). And then the bad news, everything missing...

Now I am sending information to them on how much the amp was worth and hopefully I'll get my money back as they took responsibility. To be continued....

/end of rant.

Got all my money back... and some. :woot: :woot:

Finally !

'grats

Not a fan of Atlanta!

So going into the shop on thursday to get an estimate on the damage to my car. I know the axle shaft on that side has to be fucked cus it sounds horrendous when I'm driving it (only drive to work ). And the suspension is probably shot seeing as the tire is sitting a good inch or two back from the stock position.

Fingers crossed you have a bent control arm instead of bent brackets.

Probably built by MISCO which I hope has improved since I stopped in there now more than 10 years ago. Could be interesting and is local.

http://w.mawebcenters.com/midwestspeaker/ecommerce/home-audio/woofers/mw-audio-wood-cone-woofer.html

Last time I popped into MWS I ran into the guy who sold me the JBL I am about to throw up for sale and that was in 91. Sold me a ton of other stuff too, but outside of that sub and the Punch 150 it is all gone.

Seems like a novelty to me, but you know people will buy it just for it's looks. The top actually looks just like a lamination. The grain is opposing on either side. If this is hardwood, then you have a glue joint running through the middle of the cone.

I love wood used for instruments; it's common sense, but a speaker is reproducing sound made by instruments, so, IMO, keep the wood out. There is a reason paper and pulp has been used for so long.

And you never mentioned anything about the Punch 150. . . Is this for sale? I know someone who has a soft spot for an original, so let me know.

That is something I said I'd never sell. Last of the original real pieces that I have left....which is why it wasn't in my list before. You have me re-contemplating my logic though.

BTW, I now have a goatee.

Ha, me too. :P

I'm only keeping it for the weekend though as a joke. I hate facial hair.

I hate shaving, but had to see a customer and a full beard on me doesn't look so professional in particular when its just coming in

Not a fan of Atlanta!

I am next week. In fact next week they are my favorite team. Of course it goes like this. Favorite team: Vikings. Second favorite team: whomever is playing GB.

Ha, got so tied up I forgot my original reply. Heard some wood speakers in japan that were terrific. Was trying to imply that these being made at MISCO won't yield the same results though.

Not positive they are made there, but considering it is a Mpls manufacturer...

Probably built by MISCO which I hope has improved since I stopped in there now more than 10 years ago. Could be interesting and is local.

http://w.mawebcenters.com/midwestspeaker/ecommerce/home-audio/woofers/mw-audio-wood-cone-woofer.html

Last time I popped into MWS I ran into the guy who sold me the JBL I am about to throw up for sale and that was in 91. Sold me a ton of other stuff too, but outside of that sub and the Punch 150 it is all gone.

Those are pretty sexy looking. If they preform halfway decent that would make a damn fine desktop speaker.

Ha, got so tied up I forgot my original reply. Heard some wood speakers in japan that were terrific. Was trying to imply that these being made at MISCO won't yield the same results though.

Teh Japanese are nuts with speakers though.

like oh mah gawd its so cold here! it, like, got down to 30F last night! OMFG!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

no, I'm not drinking...yet...

It was 4* here when I went to my car this morning. The soles of my boots were frozen solid when I walked into the shop.

Finally got the damn magnets in for my magnetic knife rack. Now time to glue them in and throw some mineral oil on it.

It was 4* here when I went to my car this morning. The soles of my boots were frozen solid when I walked into the shop.

See, that's cold

not this 30F and overcast at 3AM bullshit

Tomorrow is a high of 12*F, windchill of -8 to -18, and guess who gets to clean out a concrete mixer with a power washer? :suicide-santa:

Seems like a novelty to me, but you know people will buy it just for it's looks. The top actually looks just like a lamination. The grain is opposing on either side. If this is hardwood, then you have a glue joint running through the middle of the cone.

I love wood used for instruments; it's common sense, but a speaker is reproducing sound made by instruments, so, IMO, keep the wood out. There is a reason paper and pulp has been used for so long.

And you never mentioned anything about the Punch 150. . . Is this for sale? I know someone who has a soft spot for an original, so let me know.

That is something I said I'd never sell. Last of the original real pieces that I have left....which is why it wasn't in my list before. You have me re-contemplating my logic though.

The old punch and power series are classic, keep it. I used to have all the original punch and power amps and made the mistake of selling some of them. :(

I hate the cold!

Just broke out a case of 16oz. Select T-Bones out of the freezer! BBQ at my house, you guys are all invited as usual. :)