mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Whatcha going to FL. for?

Parents live down here Adrienne and I came down here for thanksgiving weekend.

I am lucky I was able to snag a 10" Xcon during the outrageous deals in the SSA store! I just recently bought the new Icon, so now its time for an upgrade already!

Girlfriend missed her fucking flight because us air sucks dick

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2012-toyota-gt-86/#photo-4637408/

thoughts?

I kinda dig it but the tail lights need to not be so ricey

It could grow on me.

tumblr_llwt2usWjc1qzrlhgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_llwt2usWjc1qzrlhgo1_500.jpg

I had to read that twice I didn't read dissing right but I :lol: 'd

http://www.autoblog....#photo-4637408/

thoughts?

They've been working on it for awhile. It looks different every time I see it. At one point I think it was going to be under the Scion name. It has the potential to be pretty cool I guess.

I thought the scion was supposed to be a separate but similar car?

*quick google search says no, you're right, going to be the same car under two different names. I hate when they do that shit.

Adrian, I would recommend weight lifting 3 times a week. If you can do more that is awesome but it's hard to coordinate a work out split past 3 a week for most people. M, W, F is usually what people naturally fall into. You want to split your work out into one muscle group per day. So Monday chest and shoulders, Tuesday Back, and Friday legs.

Seth is 100% right about doing compound movements. So benching, deadlifting and squats are your holy trinity. I like dips much more than benching for chest development, but to each their own. Something generic that I really feel has merit is anytime you are moving your body through space with resistance it's going to be a better work out than moving just weight through space. An example would be Squats vs leg press, or deadlift vs a rowing machine.

If you can find a spotter, go to failure and aim for about 10 reps. Make sure you really warm up and LIGHTLY stretch before lifting. Save the hard stretching for after your workout. Your muscles will be filled with blood and it will really help stretch out. Stretching really hard before a work out makes you a little more prone to injury and will hold you back from lifting your potential. Once you get comfortable with lifting I would switch to aiming for 6 reps untill failure. I landed at 6 reps to be the perfect happy medium for heavy lifting. 3 rep max lifting is too tough on the body to do every week in my opinion. It's just not something sustainable in a work out. For me it also makes each set last for 8-15 seconds, and that's that explosive power time frame.

Breath in on your negative motions and breath out on your "work" motions. Lots of people naturally hold their breath while straining. Try not to. It's a great technique to squeeze out a giant mega ultra push but it makes it a lot harder in the long run. YMMV. My room mate always holds his breath and it held him back for a long time. He needed to try some breathing techniques before he could start controlling his lifting.

If you have any specific questions post 'em. Seth is on top of it, and I will give you any help I can.

As for food, untill you tell us specifics just make sure you get sugar in your body within 15 min after your work out and try to get a gram or more of protein per pound of body weight for now. If you notice anything once you get that down, speak up and I'll help you find a happy spot.

A high quality multivitamin is a great addition too.

About to pick up a high speed camera. Geting a casio ex-zr100. Should be interesting to see a 150+ db car in slow motion

Interesting.

http://www.autoblog....#photo-4637408/

thoughts?

They've been working on it for awhile. It looks different every time I see it. At one point I think it was going to be under the Scion name. It has the potential to be pretty cool I guess.

I thought the scion was supposed to be a separate but similar car?

*quick google search says no, you're right, going to be the same car under two different names. I hate when they do that shit.

I've been reading that Scion will sell the North American version. Kind of a cheaper version of the BMW 1M with less power.

Adrian, I would recommend weight lifting 3 times a week. If you can do more that is awesome but it's hard to coordinate a work out split past 3 a week for most people. M, W, F is usually what people naturally fall into. You want to split your work out into one muscle group per day. So Monday chest and shoulders, Tuesday Back, and Friday legs.

Seth is 100% right about doing compound movements. So benching, deadlifting and squats are your holy trinity. I like dips much more than benching for chest development, but to each their own. Something generic that I really feel has merit is anytime you are moving your body through space with resistance it's going to be a better work out than moving just weight through space. An example would be Squats vs leg press, or deadlift vs a rowing machine.

If you can find a spotter, go to failure and aim for about 10 reps. Make sure you really warm up and LIGHTLY stretch before lifting. Save the hard stretching for after your workout. Your muscles will be filled with blood and it will really help stretch out. Stretching really hard before a work out makes you a little more prone to injury and will hold you back from lifting your potential. Once you get comfortable with lifting I would switch to aiming for 6 reps untill failure. I landed at 6 reps to be the perfect happy medium for heavy lifting. 3 rep max lifting is too tough on the body to do every week in my opinion. It's just not something sustainable in a work out. For me it also makes each set last for 8-15 seconds, and that's that explosive power time frame.

Breath in on your negative motions and breath out on your "work" motions. Lots of people naturally hold their breath while straining. Try not to. It's a great technique to squeeze out a giant mega ultra push but it makes it a lot harder in the long run. YMMV. My room mate always holds his breath and it held him back for a long time. He needed to try some breathing techniques before he could start controlling his lifting.

If you have any specific questions post 'em. Seth is on top of it, and I will give you any help I can.

As for food, untill you tell us specifics just make sure you get sugar in your body within 15 min after your work out and try to get a gram or more of protein per pound of body weight for now. If you notice anything once you get that down, speak up and I'll help you find a happy spot.

A high quality multivitamin is a great addition too.

All written down, thanks !

I'll start tomorrow with some rows and squats just to get into the action.

It's easy for me to do Tue, Fri, Sun because I tutor math on the first two and can hit the gym right after that and Sunday's are almost always free.

I've got the breathing down since I used to go to a gym during highscool but couldn't keep the schedule.

Adrian I will hit you back in a day or so but Seth hit it on the head. Lifting hard and heavy is #1. I will give u some more guidance on the getting started in the next few days.

Great, in the meantime I've tailored my schedule to give me 3 days (Tuesday, Friday and Sunday) when I can work out.

And I'll start with what Seth has instructed.

Good deal. The beauty of these few exercises is they hit every muscle group. They will give you the most bang for the buck. I had my schedule posted here in the hop at one point, perhaps you can find it. I also had added some target muscle groups to my schedule, but if you keep within the guidelines of my workout with those compounds you will be doing exactly what you need to lose weight.

Do you have any thoughts on pulley rows vs bent over rows ?

I'll dig some to find your schedule.

No, I suggest 45 degree bent over rows. So many more muscles are targeted, and targeted hard. This gets biceps, triceps, brachials, delts, traps, quads, and glutes. When I get done doing my 5/5s of bent over rows I am totally whipped...

Good, thank you.

I asked mostly since bent over rows appear a bit difficult on the back, at least if the form isn't perfect from the first go and I'm afraid of killing my lower back.

Either way, I'll start with something light tomorrow and all this week then adjust as I go..

ahh hh shit.. just woke up from a nap.. long morning.. picked up my wrecker from the weekend. and it was leaking fuel like a sum bitch, got it fixed came home and crashed.

its my slow season.. pappa need a hustle.

I absolutely love love love LOVE 45 degree bent over/Yates rows. BEEFCAKE

Bent over rows are great but I would start with deadlifts. The reason being that your lower back will not be accustomed to keeping still for the row.

I also think deadlifting properly has more value. Just my oppinion. Be really careful when working your lower back and make sure to really warm up. A great simple trick is to put on a really tight shirt on under your work out shirt. It will help remind you of proper posture.

I would advise against belts unless trained closely with someone on how the can help. I think they are a waste for 99% of practical lifting or working. They have a narrow purpose though, but u need to be trained with them. I never took the time.

What kind of warmup do you recommend ?

True, although I wouldn't start deadlifts unless you can do Hindu squats without issue :lol:

At least that's what I had to resort to when I started getting back on the workout wagon after the accident. Forget weights, I had a hard enough time doing a proper calisthenics workout. Learning to walk before you can run and such

I always start my workout with calisthenics; jackknives, Hindu squats, running in place, jumping jacks, or the like.

And then some cardio.

And then weights.

And then some nutrition.

And sometimes after that a brief power nap.

I was looking for warmup recommendations some time ago and found some pretty good ones on YouTube. You should check them out. It's different to see how it's actually done... the proper way. :)

Definitely something I would do...

At least that's what I had to resort to when I started getting back on the workout wagon after the accident. Forget weights, I had a hard enough time doing a proper calisthenics workout. Learning to walk before you can run and such

I can manage push-ups, chin-ups, sit-ups, squats so I like to think I'm ready :P