mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I'm heavily debating putting more power on my mids, the belle is only 75W@4ohm and the P18s are 8ohm :)

And bandpassed they can take some serious power. Of course, I'd still argue that imrpoving the enclosure is an easier way of livening up the bottom end.

Aside from increasing volume, possibly aperiodic?

Start with an enclosure. :)

Whoa there social reform friends. There is no such thing as prexisting conditions now. And it raised the cost of insurance by a market total of 13% or so.

Secondly no one is denied medical care, preventitive or otherwise from public hospitals. I work for one as does my wife and I can tell you right now most write off more than they get paid in most instances if you don't have insurance.

3rd 900 bucks for 2 people is cheep as Hell. It's well into the 1000's here for good coverage. Fact is that the EMPLOYER pays for most of it. That teachers insurance is probably a 1500 dollar plan. But the job pays 1100 for it.

I would rather have the extra 1100 a month and buy whatever the fuck I want than be on some employer negotiated plan. Getting tax cuts for healthcare is the dumbest Damn thing we do in the US. But people don't understand that the cost of benefits is more that they pay on their check.... So the cycle continues.

Imagine if you made an extra 20% but got no benefits. You would only have the kids you can afford and at least take a fucking interest in your benefits and get what you need. But John Q Public is a self centered ass who says "why shouldn't I have all the cool stuff those other people who planned have!"

Damnit that mentality Pissed me off.

The worst 11 fucking words anyone can ever hear are "we're here from the government and we're here to help"

If I dropped my health care plan, just went to the hospital, and got all the treatment I needed without paying for it, and they wrote it off, doesn't that raise the overall cost for everyone that is paying for health insurance.

I would agree to your remark of getting an extra 1100 a month and choosing how you spent it (whether it be on your own healthcare plan, or not), but what proof do you have that you would get 1100, and not much less (due to the fact that large businesses likely pay less for their plans then sole individuals)?

Can you clarify the point there? You have and do pay tor insurance. Just privately. Yes if you went in and no one paid it would stress the hospital financialy and over years the group would pay for the individual..... But that is exactly what a government payor does. It's also what private insurance does. The difference between private insurance and a government payor or an uninsured walk in is that the private is an agreement for a contract/price. You are buying a service for what if.

In the government model it becomes law, not just contract breech. They then impose nonsense rules on the providers. This is because in the public sector the ones who will choose the rules do not themselves need to deal with it. Senate and house don't use Medicaid. That's laughable. But they do make backdoor deals for certain pet projects. When that is down in the public sector they pass laws that change the private market. The reverse however is never true. Backdoor deals in private sector result in a great business move of all the clients leave that company and go somewhere else. It's like car insurance. If you had state mandate car insurance there would be no arbitration. They would make a law to adjust the rules to make you loose.

I see that daily.

ugh health insurance..glad im military. :)

That, certainly helps doesn't it. I'm not military but I get free healthcare. I can't just go anywhere though, I have to go to a tribal facility.

Just found out the guy that ran DEI into the ground, (and all the subsequent brands that DEI bought up), is now running MTX.

Is his name Kevin?

:roflmao:

I need another flexeril. You guys made me get a bloody nose from anger and rage!

I'm heavily debating putting more power on my mids, the belle is only 75W@4ohm and the P18s are 8ohm :)

And bandpassed they can take some serious power. Of course, I'd still argue that imrpoving the enclosure is an easier way of livening up the bottom end.

Aside from increasing volume, possibly aperiodic?

Start with an enclosure. :)

Oddball question, if I was mount a large format tweeter directly in front of a 7" mid (spaced out several inches), how would that effect the mid (below 1900hz)?

Thinking of freeing up a little more space for my feet. If I could make the tweeters "float" in front of the mids and keep them in the kick panel area...

Or the other option is putting the tweeters in the dash, but we talked about reflections and how unfriendly they may be.

Just found out the guy that ran DEI into the ground, (and all the subsequent brands that DEI bought up), is now running MTX.

Is his name Kevin?

Anything is possible.

Is his name Kevin?

I don't have it written down.

Whoa there social reform friends. There is no such thing as prexisting conditions now. And it raised the cost of insurance by a market total of 13% or so.

Secondly no one is denied medical care, preventitive or otherwise from public hospitals. I work for one as does my wife and I can tell you right now most write off more than they get paid in most instances if you don't have insurance.

3rd 900 bucks for 2 people is cheep as Hell. It's well into the 1000's here for good coverage. Fact is that the EMPLOYER pays for most of it. That teachers insurance is probably a 1500 dollar plan. But the job pays 1100 for it.

I would rather have the extra 1100 a month and buy whatever the fuck I want than be on some employer negotiated plan. Getting tax cuts for healthcare is the dumbest Damn thing we do in the US. But people don't understand that the cost of benefits is more that they pay on their check.... So the cycle continues.

Imagine if you made an extra 20% but got no benefits. You would only have the kids you can afford and at least take a fucking interest in your benefits and get what you need. But John Q Public is a self centered ass who says "why shouldn't I have all the cool stuff those other people who planned have!"

Damnit that mentality Pissed me off.

The worst 11 fucking words anyone can ever hear are "we're here from the government and we're here to help"

If I dropped my health care plan, just went to the hospital, and got all the treatment I needed without paying for it, and they wrote it off, doesn't that raise the overall cost for everyone that is paying for health insurance.

I would agree to your remark of getting an extra 1100 a month and choosing how you spent it (whether it be on your own healthcare plan, or not), but what proof do you have that you would get 1100, and not much less (due to the fact that large businesses likely pay less for their plans then sole individuals)?

Can you clarify the point there? You have and do pay tor insurance. Just privately. Yes if you went in and no one paid it would stress the hospital financialy and over years the group would pay for the individual..... But that is exactly what a government payor does. It's also what private insurance does. The difference between private insurance and a government payor or an uninsured walk in is that the private is an agreement for a contract/price. You are buying a service for what if.

In the government model it becomes law, not just contract breech. They then impose nonsense rules on the providers. This is because in the public sector the ones who will choose the rules do not themselves need to deal with it. Senate and house don't use Medicaid. That's laughable. But they do make backdoor deals for certain pet projects. When that is down in the public sector they pass laws that change the private market. The reverse however is never true. Backdoor deals in private sector result in a great business move of all the clients leave that company and go somewhere else. It's like car insurance. If you had state mandate car insurance there would be no arbitration. They would make a law to adjust the rules to make you loose.

I see that daily.

I misread your first point and saw it as "don't pay for anything, you still get treated, and it doesn't effect anyone." :)

Uploading BF2 3.3gb. Anyone want to see if my cd key will work, or if it gives you the boot? :P

Ah yeah. It all has an impact. I'm just pro choice rather than forcing me into options.

Ah yeah. It all has an impact. I'm just pro choice rather than forcing me into options.

I'm not into it being forced either, just an option available to those who want it, or can be simply ignored if not desired.

WTF, uploaded like eight percent then the connection was reset.

Uploading BF2 3.3gb. Anyone want to see if my cd key will work, or if it gives you the boot? :P

If I had a PC capable of playing I would :( I love the game for PS3

Its not that resource intensive, is your computer that old? My friend could play it on his average laptop from 5 years ago.

Its not that resource intensive, is your computer that old? My friend could play it on his average laptop from 5 years ago.

I have a MacBook. The only PC I have is an ancient tower running XP I use to download movies etc. I think we got it in 2002, lol.

I take it no bootcamp on the mac

Nope, I've thought about it, but there aren't any programs I really need that won't run on OSX.

It's a cool idea to get a server going for SSA people though. Should be pretty fun.

as long as i have lincolns with wheels and stereos, i will not and can not see my self asking anyone for anything. its just a personal choice.

I can respect that.

Son of a B. A year ago a Alpine KCE-400BT was ~$110. Now you are looking at $150. With my new phone I really want one.

:peepwall:

3850659048_cd0e7e74b9_b.jpg

^----splashing teh drool

3849861957_c2ca5ac90f_b.jpg

he's hard to keep still... but he's a sweetheart.

Matt, how has Jack been?