mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

300 million would be real nice to have.

I wonder how many pickles it takes to fill up a VW Bug.

one way to find out for sure....

I want a custom Member Title...... the word "Member" is so overused. I want one that says BATMAN!!! :D i want to be batman. I think Dick Cheney has a evil lair.

Edited by Madrox

Mr. No post?

J

hi, i am the installer doing the bmw for hypnotiq. those are good and all but there is too problems. 1. is when dealing with fiberglass they often won't dig in like they do with wood and yes you can push them in or even hammer them in but sometimes they fail. 2. is they can strip out the wood under tightening and are not recommended for particle board which includes mdf and hdf. you have alot of great input.

rivermacomber.com

Hypnotiq's installer from DIYMA explaining to me why Ez-loc style knife inserts are bad.

Fool.

They are designed for particle board specifically. :ready2go:

Ok let me explain what I mean. I know I've said in this thread several times that I am a huge oriental food fan. Primarily Viet/Chinese food. Whenever I say, "I'm going to get rice." That either A) means I'm going to a restaurant to get a rice "dish" or b.) I'm making a rice "dish."

The last time you said that you went out and bought a wing for your truck. liar.

fudge

everyone forgets about Adrian when they go on trips. noone bothers to call / message if i don't show up online for 2 weeks (i could very well go down-under and they still wouldn't care). but who will they call when they need help ?

their dear friend Adrian.

i've had enough. i'm so sick of that behaviour.

?

Damnit, I want to go back to sleep but I've got an idea running through my head for a subwoofer box for the basement and can't sleep.

My roommate has a 94 GMC stepside truck, nice looking truck, and he wants some audio and has given me free reign over it. I think the budget is somewhere around that 400-700 range for everything. The main restriction is that he has to keep most of the room behind his seat available for tools.

My ideas currently are a DIY active frontstage setup, dual slimline Tangband 10's under the seat, and an amprack in the corner behind the seat. I'd try my hand at making custom fiberglass kicks or door pod setup. He wants it to sound good, but he also wants to be able to just turn it up sometimes and have to much bass (without sacrificing room).

Ideas?

I need to make some speakers for my bedroom too. All I've got in here are my Senn's and I'd really like to be able to listen without headphones occasionally.

For a slim sub I like the idea of the TB's, but his expectation of too much bass along with his budget and space requirements aren't really going to mesh.

Also curious as to how much power you think you will be able to have with a $700 budget and buying all of the drivers and install equipment. Not really much of a budget :( Of course I am not as nice to my friends. If they want my help they have to step up and spend a little do

I'm a little iffy about the budget, but I think if I look around long enough for used equipment I can find some decent power. My install fees are going to be damn small due to the fact I don't have a clue what I'm doing :)

If nothing else I think I could do a frontstage with his budget and then do the sub later. I've got a DD1008 laying around that we could throw in there, sounds like ass but it does get loud.

Sean, what kind of drivers would you recommend for an active front stage?

Since you didn't mention a budget, I'm going to say Audio Technology C-Quenze's and SS ring radiators.

:)

*goes to google it to find out what the hell they are*

Ok, so I found them, but can't find a price....

*has a feeling they are god awful expensive*

*has a feeling they are god awful expensive*

I have plans for speakers that use their $300 ones, I think they have a $500 midbass out there as well but it's not as good for semi-full range.

Scanspeak rr's are $450 apiece IIRC.