mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

We recently had a weight loss contest at work. It was very interesting to say the least. Our cafeteria even set up a healty eating menu. I watched people eat a salad followed by 4 to 5 of the 100 calorie cookie packs and wash it all down with an energy drink (not diet either), then go work out for about 10 minutes and talk for 20 minutes. :Doh: Needless to say these people were upset because in their minds they were eating healthy and lost very little in weight.

Edited by nmssd12

Motorola has spilled some very unappetizing beans with its first quarter results. The company missed its projected sales figure of $5.62 billion, posting $5.4 billion, $1.8 billion of which were in its handsets division. The cellphone space is where the company seems to be hurting the most -- sales were down 45 percent there -- though some projections had it faring worse than that. Overall, Moto's looking at a $291 million loss, or $0.13 a share, which, even in this economy, can't be the greatest of news.

ouch

word. We are on the same page.

We have to be. Same Name.

:D

I didn't know you were an Impaler

Try mixing kickboxing in with your cardio.

true that does have a point to it.

I was in martial arts at various schools for 9 years, but eventually I really learned it's much more about basic skill sets and then conditioning for a fight. Theres no 1 finger death touch or anything like that.

Aerobic work outs are really tough on the heart in the long haul. Of course being a thin jogger is better than being 300 lbs over weight. For the human machine though we can take much more advantage of strength than endurance. Throwing, sprinting, pushing and pulling are all things I could use day to day that would help. Running for a bajillion miles does nothing productive for your body. Swimming is at least non impact.

i was under the impression that extended cardio strengthens your heart...

i found that typical weight lifting has little real world practicality, as most real world lifting involves twisting and movement. bench pressing, curling etc. really work on small specific muscle groups. practical lifting to me would be olympic lifts and crossfit training. at my size i mainly lift for stability and to prevent injury, as i'm bigger and stronger naturally that i'll probably ever need to be.

if you really want to work on bone density take a cue from the Muay Thai fighters and go kick a bamboo/banana tree a couple thousand times...Wolff's/Davis' Laws ftw....:lol2:

word. We are on the same page.

We have to be. Same Name.

:D

I didn't know you were an Impaler

The wife will be calling me that today unless she stops limping.

*rimshot*

I was in martial arts at various schools for 9 years, but eventually I really learned it's much more about basic skill sets and then conditioning for a fight. Theres no 1 finger death touch or anything like that.

Aerobic work outs are really tough on the heart in the long haul. Of course being a thin jogger is better than being 300 lbs over weight. For the human machine though we can take much more advantage of strength than endurance. Throwing, sprinting, pushing and pulling are all things I could use day to day that would help. Running for a bajillion miles does nothing productive for your body. Swimming is at least non impact.

i was under the impression that extended cardio strengthens your heart...

i found that typical weight lifting has little real world practicality, as most real world lifting involves twisting and movement. bench pressing, curling etc. really work on small specific muscle groups. practical lifting to me would be olympic lifts and crossfit training. at my size i mainly lift for stability and to prevent injury, as i'm bigger and stronger naturally that i'll probably ever need to be.

This will get something started for sure!

Exercize is exercize when it comes to heart and lungs. At the end of the day it's about how much yoru heart and lungs output and at what intensity. I can promise my heart and lungs work much harder than the guy who jogged slowly for a mile and I did high intesity weight training. You have a great point though most isolated lifting isn't real world lifting. Compound movements are much better than isolated movements. This statement is true in every regard when it comes to loosing fat or building muscle.

I will never say that I don't wish I was stronger. It may not be a goal I can work for realisticaly, but I don't see there ever being "too much" strength for bones and muscles and tendons. Size, I can see that one might not want to get big, but that's usualy a diet thing when it comes to size.

Extended high output for your heart can put some serious strain on it, and not in a positive way. Most aerobic work outs are also high impact. To have low impact aerobic exercize you need a pool or an eliptical, and both are not cheep IMO. Studies have been done for people who either run long and hard, or do max weight lifts regularly. In both cases studies have found that if your maxing yoru intensity and output for extended time it will bring about an imune deficit. Also build ups of not so good stuff in the body.

Here is my sum up on the work out topic. Aerobic work outs definately can help lower BP and for people who are really out of shape, or have other limiting factors it's better than nothing. That said, anerobic training is just better at physique and weight loss and usualy joint health and flexability. Since weightloss is the main goal of most Americans, and should be, we should concentrait on more muscle building exercises rather than running in place or around a lake, as a nation/species.

heck I'm walking funny today. Next time she's doing all the work.

6 hours to still get 500 post MUHAHAHHA, god my head is going crazy. I drank 3 bottles of those super-sized monster drinks.

Holy myocardial infarction and renal failure batman!

6 hours to still get 500 post MUHAHAHHA, god my head is going crazy. I drank 3 bottles of those super-sized monster drinks.

Holy myocardial infarction and renal failure batman!

Bah, I slam 2 cups of coffe just to even me out so I can go to bed.

=)

Oh there is if your me :P

Wheres the Captain for this conversation when you need him?

FUCK TREES I CLIMB BUOYS MOTHERFUCKER

I'M ON A DOLHPIN. DOING FLIPS AND SHIT, BUT THIS AINT SEAWORLD, THIS AS REAL AS IT GET!

Believe me when I sayyyy I fucked a mermaid!

The woman is coming into town tonight and should be staying for a week. :)

anything fun planned?

Oh there is if your me :P

You mean the pull my finger death fart? That's an ancient art sir. You shouldn't speak of it in public places.

anything fun planned?

Nothing beyond the normal hanging out, got a wedding to go to next weekend for a friend of mine, and probably going to take her home to meet the folks.

if you really want to work on bone density take a cue from the Muay Thai fighters and go kick a bamboo/banana tree a couple thousand times...Wolff's/Davis' Laws ftw....:lol2:

I was stupid and did do that actually.. I would keep a wooden or iron rod with me at work and pound the shins and elbows. I just ended up with really fun and sometimes painfull calcium deposits. They are probably stronger for it, but it's too localized. Weight training can help with systemic bone density increases without the bumpy shins.

Sometimes to gross out girls I dated I would rub my shins on their leg or hand. hehehe.

Get a good heavy bag 150 lbs+. Practice high and low kicks, high and low punches, knees (blocks and strikes), and side to side blocks. When mixed all together not only a good cardio work out, but also builds core strength.

I was taught in the form of displine very old world forms. The only new world displine I like is Jeet Kune Do.

WHat schools did you go to?

I went to a local mui thai class and some kick boxing, then Chung Mu Do(now united martial arts or defunct after the top guy was arrested for some seriously bad things), then I stayed at the MN kali group for a few years, but really just used it as a gym, and took the kali stick classes.

anything fun planned?

Nothing beyond the normal hanging out, got a wedding to go to next weekend for a friend of mine, and probably going to take her home to meet the folks.

NICE!

you liking her then I take it?