aimone

whats the biggest baddest most power hungry monster of a sub?

Since when is a subwoofer not a low frequency driver? A subwoofer plays sub bass, meaning low frequencies. The Matterhorn is flat from 15-80 Hz. I'm not sure what your saying.

A subwoofer by definition is a low frequency driver in a box.

A low frequency driver on it's own is not a subwoofer.

The matterhorn is a Subwoofer that is made out of a lot of low frequency drivers.

(but most people say subwoofer, but that is a misconception.)

(by the way i'm from belgium, so their could be a few spelling mistakes.)

Edited by kirill007

The matterhorn is a Subwoofer that is made out of a lot of low frequency drivers.

Actually the first sentence is wrong, it needs no box although it could refer to one in a box as well.

So that makes the second wrong too, a low frequency driver or one that plays below a woofer is definitely a sub.

In the US, if you had a box with 5 subwoofer cones in it and it was one box you could still call it a subwoofer.

So I do think indeed the Matterhorn is a subwoofer, it just isn't a single driver.

This is what you would call "power Hungry" ... 56 batteries (i think)

26203460051_medium.jpg ... 26203460053_medium.jpg

old school strokers FTW. Those subs got stupid loud in the day, and sounded like ass doing it. I miss mine. Best $40 sub I've ever had.

There's a guy hitting 152's with one jackhammer. That's not a bad number, but for the money it isn't worth it at all.

Actually the first sentence is wrong, it needs no box although it could refer to one in a box as well.

So that makes the second wrong too, a low frequency driver or one that plays below a woofer is definitely a sub.

In the US, if you had a box with 5 subwoofer cones in it and it was one box you could still call it a subwoofer. <=this is what i meant with the third and the fourth line

So I do think indeed the Matterhorn is a subwoofer, it just isn't a single driver. (thx for confirming this,like i said.)

By definition it is, it's wriiten like that in the dictionary(or atleast in my dictionaries.) and a lot of people say this is true.

But people use subwoofer because it's easier to say.(and everyone understands what they are talking about, it's kind of a term for "not knowledgeable" people)

Don't think most shops will understand it if you ask for a low-freqeuncy driver.

Edited by kirill007

title says it all what do u guys think? im just asking for shits and giggles......the biggest baddest ive seen personally is an atomic apxx 18......i can buy it for 500 maybe cheaper after jewin him down not even broke in yet

this is very simple question here, and alot of people take it way out of context.

the answer is........

SSA XCON ;)

title says it all what do u guys think? im just asking for shits and giggles......the biggest baddest ive seen personally is an atomic apxx 18......i can buy it for 500 maybe cheaper after jewin him down not even broke in yet

this is very simple question here, and alot of people take it way out of context.

the answer is........

SSA XCON ;)

Very true!!

Never seen one in person, but from what I've read and seen online, I would say the RE XXX 18. I think it weighs almost 80 pounds and does 2000 rms.

I just ordered a BTL 18, its also rated 2000 rms and weighs around 70 pounds, I'm hoping I'll be happy with it.

Best sub ever made, B.A.S.S. series!! (Bad Ass Serious Sub)... yes thats what it ACTUALLY means too haha

BASS18-PAIR-V1.jpg

I think the word yall was looking for is ... TRANSDUCER ...

Rotary woofer FTW!

I don't think a rotary woofer can hold more then 200-400 watts RMS.(but it does looks nice)

I don't think a rotary woofer can hold more then 200-400 watts RMS.(but it does looks nice)

Yes, but it will likely do more in a room below 30hz with that 350w than any of the actual subwoofers mentioned in this thread running at their recommended power :)

image006.jpg

TFA12LG_4.jpg

+

DSCN1315.JPG

=

nuclear-explosion.jpg

:shrug:

and lol @ the Pyle Blue Waves :D

Edited by CadillacMatt

adire-audio-parthenon-subwoofer-side-view.jpg

I was wondering how long it would be till someone posted the Parthenon.

The Parthenon is... :wub:

When I first saw that I was like "WTF is that?". I did a google search for rotary woofer and have a little better understanding. Has anyone here experienced one in person?

BTW, 34 in Audiobahn

0504070103.jpg

More:

PB263419.jpg

PB263417.jpg

Edited by deernet

When I first saw that I was like "WTF is that?". I did a google search for rotary woofer and have a little better understanding. Has anyone here experienced one in person?

The Parthenon (pictured above) isn't a rotary subwoofer.....it's a standard pistonic woofer on steroids.

The fan looking thing is a rotary subwoofer.....I'm not sure if you just quoted the wrong picture or not.

Cadillac Matt wins for best post. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: