emh9009

1991 Honda CRX Si

OH! wait a minute, who is pulling up?!

Stay tuned for a slide show :D

dscf2960j.jpg

Open up those packages and get some pics up!! I'll be home from work in about 15 min.

Dang man, I been sittin' here since I got home from work and no pics yet! :ughdunno:

Dang man, I been sittin' here since I got home from work and no pics yet! :ughdunno:

Sorry! i got distracted with opening everything up and getting ready to put them in. Tried to get them in before work. hot home an hour ago, finished putting them and the amp in just now. Listened for about 2 minutes. ;)

Did he kidnap you?

He seemed scared of me.. rushing the van before he was ready for me haha

:suicide-santa:

:(

Pictures uploading to imageshack NOW, while i do some psychology homework. You will see them tonight. Video tomorrow?

Sorry! i got distracted with opening everything up and getting ready to put them in. Tried to get them in before work. hot home an hour ago, finished putting them and the amp in just now. Listened for about 2 minutes. ;)

Did he kidnap you?

Pictures uploading to imageshack NOW, while i do some psychology homework. You will see them tonight. Video tomorrow?

:dancing:

Did he kidnap you?

*calms down*

:woot:

I'm still amped! I'm glad work kept me busy, would have been a horrible day if i was just sitting there.

Just kinda' turned the gain up a bit, messed with the SSf for a sec, but they sounded darn good. My dad came outside and told me with all the bass these speakers have i dont need my 12s! More than the AA carbons as far as i can tell, so far. But that's nothing against the carbons, just my tuning sucked haha More on how they sound in a couple days after i get to tinker with them over the weekend :D I can't wait for the drive to class in the morning. Maybe ill wake up early :woot:

dscf2962b.jpg

There they are. Right under all those peanuts. Beautiful, eh'?

dscf2963.jpg

dscf2964x.jpg

dscf2965n.jpg

dscf2966b.jpg

dscf2967.jpg

I'm really not that white, it's my camera's flash :P

dscf2968b.jpg

dscf2969q.jpg

dscf2970h.jpg

Alright, this is getting to be a mess. A ton of stuff to be unwrapped. This is a queen size bed. Took it all up!

dscf2971.jpg

Let us go to the kitchen table.

Most everything laid out.

dscf2972c.jpg

In the online pictures, i didn't think these looked all that "beefy". But after seeing them in person, holding them, prying screwdrivers/cutters/screws/tweeter off of the magnet, i know these have some powa'!

dscf2973.jpg

Little pole vent even!

dscf2974w.jpg

dscf2976z.jpg

REALLY like the mid's connecters.

dscf2977z.jpg

dscf2978y.jpg

Now to start installing.

Damn your white. :roflmao:

Huge crossovers, fun mounting them eh. Speakers got some nice magnets going on there

Going to KNU 12 gauge.

dscf2979k.jpg

Tweeter installed. Like how secure everything is compared to my last setup. These swivel too, really like how i can aim them wherever i want.

dscf2980.jpg

Mid in. Have to use my ghetto pods for now, wont fit in stock location. Really don't like these things, never have really. But they get the job done.

dscf2982q.jpg

dscf2983n.jpg

dscf2984i.jpg

dscf2985f.jpg

dscf2986t.jpg

dscf2987e.jpg

dscf2988.jpg

Xover: wired them close to amp and used both runs of 12 gauge to the front. No point in having lone wires in the car not doing anything.

dscf2989g.jpg

Your ghetto pods look pretty good to me :P

Damn your white. :roflmao:

Huge crossovers, fun mounting them eh. Speakers got some nice magnets going on there

Washington weather = rain. Don't get too much sun, guess i need to take a trip to AZ this summer, eh'? :attempt:

Didn't mount the Xovers tonight, they're just sorta' placed, snugly, next to the amp for now. Still have a ton of stuff i want to do.

I'll be happier if i ever get to a FG project. Teach me? :eek5wavey:

That's all for tonight. More to come tomorrow. :dancing:

I'll be happier if i ever get to a FG project. Teach me? :eek5wavey:

:roflmao: I'll make a mess of your door real quick.

I'm already planning on redoing my doors this summer... :P

That's all for tonight. More to come tomorrow. :dancing:

I lied. Forgot about this.

While waiting after class for the JBLs to show up i tore apart the rest of my car to find where my leak was coming from. My left taillight's gasket was soaked, so i took the whole unit out and took the gasket out, tipped it over and this is what came out.

dscf2959m.jpg

So i use some of the "fun foam" i got a couple weeks ago to try and make a gasket for my rear spray nozzle to make a new gasket for the tail light. Used the OEM as a template and got to work! No pictures, but i don't know many other people that have electric blue taillight gaskets! :roflmao: Doubled it up around where the light's plastic meets the metal of the car and anywhere else that looks like it needed it. Screwed it all back in and hope that works. Wont know until it rains again, which will probably be tonight or tomorrow. Updates on that later.

Held a lot of water, good thing got that taken care of

That JBL set does look nice!! Mid is beafy, looked like cooling slots on the side of the coil as well as the pole vent. :fing34:

Your pods with those mids in them look really nice!

Don't you like how from the factory they put the window crank so close to the speaker location?

That JBL set does look nice!! Mid is beafy, looked like cooling slots on the side of the coil as well as the pole vent. :fing34:

Your pods with those mids in them look really nice!

Don't you like how from the factory they put the window crank so close to the speaker location?

OH YES, it's one of my favorite features! :suicide-santa:

I didn't get a picture of it, but i could see the VC in the cooling slots, looked large. They claim "over sized voice coils". Guess they're not messing around!

:thanx:

Just got the sub in. Wish it had more than 150-200 watts, i know it could use some more, just isn't TOO loud. I know, I know, it's a sealed 12 on 200 watts, but it just seems like there could be more.

Mounted inverted, with each coil going to a channel on the 100.4 (3 & 4).

Once i plugged the RCAs into channels 3&4 the speaker whine came back, with just RCAs going to channels 1&2 there was no whine. Starting to think it's the amp... possibly the deck?

Uploading a couple pictures now.