emh9009

1991 Honda CRX Si

Yeah, ill run them 2 ohms, unbridged. Put the sealed 12 in there, it's wired to 2 ohms as well. Sound sound good. Need to go get some 2x4s to start building the base/frame for the false floor. Rain and easter prevented me from getting that done last weekend like i wanted. It's ok, i"m patient. Maybe ill place another bid for another pair sometime and lowball then work my way up. :gift:

Were you going to bridge the other half of the 100.4 for the sub? if so it might not like a 2 ohm load.

aww sheet, forgot about that. looks like it's getting about half power. Oh well, it's temporary anyways. i just read 320 watts, figured that looked good, didn't look at the "4 ohms". Good catch.

Yeah, ill run them 2 ohms, unbridged. Put the sealed 12 in there, it's wired to 2 ohms as well. Sound sound good. Need to go get some 2x4s to start building the base/frame for the false floor. Rain and easter prevented me from getting that done last weekend like i wanted. It's ok, i"m patient. Maybe ill place another bid for another pair sometime and lowball then work my way up. :gift:

Were you going to bridge the other half of the 100.4 for the sub? if so it might not like a 2 ohm load.

aww sheet, forgot about that. looks like it's getting about half power. Oh well, it's temporary anyways. i just read 320 watts, figured that looked good, didn't look at the "4 ohms". Good catch.

Could run it at 8ohms (not to much power) possible to run a channel to each coil (100 watts each coil)? Not sure if that is acceptable (maybe) :shrug:

I'm not too worried about it. Running to each coil coil could get difficult, only have 2 wires coming out of the box. Could mount it inverted though. I want to do that anyways, looks cool IMO. This can be my test phase, just to try new speaker stuff :fing34:

Inverting would give you a little more air space in the enclosure if you need it. Makes wiring it really easy as well.

Inverting would give you a little more air space in the enclosure if you need it. Makes wiring it really easy as well.

Exactly. I'll play around with it and polyfill to find what sound i like. Last week was almost pure sun, this week is about pure rain. Awesome, just when i need to start to get my ass in gear lol :suicide-santa: Updates tomorrow. :D

bring on the updates.

:fing34:

You might be surprised how loud a sub can get a smallish power.

bring on the updates.

:fing34:

You might be surprised how loud a sub can get a smallish power.

Hope so. When i put it in for a couple minutes i was surprised how well it did, but that was on my 1500 haha so that's not fair.

Bring on the updates!!! I wanna see what you can do with just the 100.4!!

Look whose here!

dscf2951v.jpg

dscf2952z.jpg

Little ding on the box, :ohnoes9:

dscf2953g.jpg

Good packaging kept the battery safe though :)

dscf2954y.jpg

dscf2956.jpg

Figured it could do for a little charge.

dscf2958o.jpg

The other, smaller box had some welding supply "hyperflex" orange 1/0 for my friend's build in his badass malibu. Here is a comparison to some knu 1/0 OFC. The knu was easier to get in the knot, and easier to get out of the knot. Was much easier to get the 1/0 ring terminal on the weldingsupply wire though. I think I'll go with them next time i get some wire. Knu is good, but i can't get all of the wires into my terminals ever. Can't go with 2/0 terminals because my crimper wont fit around them.

dscf2957q.jpg

Reality you wont need to bend wire like this, so it's really not that big of a deal that i can get the knu is a tighter knot. Personally ill go to weldingsupply over knu for power wire next time i need some :drink40:

Should be more updates tomorrow, that's all for today. Big thanks to S.DeYoung for the deal on the battery. Going over to your feedback thread to post some positive feedback! :morepower1:

Damn your quick with the camera to catch the UPS guy!! Or did you sit there all day waiting for him? :lol2:

You got his bat and I got one of his amps. :D

When are those JBL's gonna show up?

Weldingsupply is excellent, I don't foresee myself buying power wire from anywhere else. Nice score on that XS battery :morepower1:

Weldingsupply is excellent, I don't foresee myself buying power wire from anywhere else. Nice score on that XS battery :morepower1:

Weldingsupply.com FTW!!!! unless you know someone that works for a welding company that delivers out the back door! :woot:

Good deal on the batt :P

I see all this talk about some jbls, well where are they? pics? :D

Damn your quick with the camera to catch the UPS guy!! Or did you sit there all day waiting for him? :lol2:

You got his bat and I got one of his amps. :D

When are those JBL's gonna show up?

I saw you swooped up that amp. I actually got home about a half hour before he got there. I was in my room when i heard him (other side of the house from the door he uses) ran to the kitchen, realized i forgot the camera, and stopped in the kitchen to snap the shot... he never knew! haha :D

Thanks, i'm in the same boat!

Weldingsupply.com FTW!!!! unless you know someone that works for a welding company that delivers out the back door! :woot:

You got the hook-up? share the love!

Good deal on the batt :P

I see all this talk about some jbls, well where are they? pics? :D

I thought so too.

JBLs should be here tomorrow :partybanana:

I'm really excited to hear them. Hope i can get them installed right after they show up. Need to throw the fuse back in my wire, put the amp in the car. Make sure all the speakers fit in the places i have available. Even with measurements, you never know, right? There will be pics of them at least, ill let it be known :D

Sounds good :)

First door pod I made, I never thought it might hit the dash when the door close, considering how slim the pod was... Waste of 4 hours...

Sounds good :)

First door pod I made, I never thought it might hit the dash when the door close, considering how slim the pod was... Waste of 4 hours...

:Doh:

Still learned something though. Like i said, you're good at that! :P

I'll make them work. Hopefully i can use the stock location, and get rid of my ghetto pods.. for now.

i am not going to lie getting ring terminals on the KNU Kol wiring was always a challenge for me! plus once i actually got all the wire in the hole crimping was a new challenge lol! good luck and it looks good so far!

Lenco Swedge-On tool from weldingsupply works great and under $10

For its age, actually for any year, your car is immaculate.

i am not going to lie getting ring terminals on the KNU Kol wiring was always a challenge for me! plus once i actually got all the wire in the hole crimping was a new challenge lol! good luck and it looks good so far!

It's a pain. I like how the wire is over sized, but it's really not going to help anything when you have to trim it down to get it into the terminal. Probably just a selling hype.

Lenco Swedge-On tool from weldingsupply works great and under $10

Already bought my crimper, 48 dolla for an 8 ton hydrolic press. I'm happy with it, but now that i've been looking at those kind of crimping tools i think i could have saved money with similar results.

For its age, actually for any year, your car is immaculate.

Thanks :D it has it's quirks, but im happy with it. Pictures make it look good :D

Is it tomorrow yet?? I wanna see me some JBL's!! :dancing:

Waiting... Trust me, i know the feeling :D

"out for delivery" @ 7:13 AM from Seattle. I'm about 2.5 hrs drive and a ferry ride from Seattle. It says it will be delivered before 5:00, which is when ill be at work. Hope they get here before 4!

Waiting... Trust me, i know the feeling :D

"out for delivery" @ 7:13 AM from Seattle. I'm about 2.5 hrs drive and a ferry ride from Seattle. It says it will be delivered before 5:00, which is when ill be at work. Hope they get here before 4!

I've had so many deliveries over the last 2 years I have the UPS and FedX guys cell #'s. Bought the UPS guy lunch one day when I saw him and now he will deliver to my work address if it's during bussiness hours.